What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

They're in a weird situation-they're going to have five gimme wins a season (Snyder's traditional cupcake OOC, Kansas, and **** bailer), but they're probably going to struggle to win conference titles because OU, OSU, and TCU aren't going anywhere, and Tom Herman will have UT competing with those three in a couple years. If he's still getting them to bowls at 7-5 or 8-4 every year, why not let him keep going?
I guess...

Darth has done things the right way though
Possibly. We saw how he views players by how he has been on transfer releases. And while nothing has come out specific to KSU, two of the most publicized cases of player mistreatment were by HCs who were mentored at KSU under Snyder (Leavitt & Mangino).

Possibly. We saw how he views players by how he has been on transfer releases. And while nothing has come out specific to KSU, two of the most publicized cases of player mistreatment were by HCs who were mentored at KSU under Snyder (Leavitt & Mangino).

True. He might be on the sidelines still when we play them in 2027.......

Does someone like Nussmeier end back up at Washington as OC? He is from the Northwest and a few years ago he was a hot name although Florida's offense struggled under him ( not having a QB will do that to you).

Does someone like Nussmeier end back up at Washington as OC? He is from the Northwest and a few years ago he was a hot name although Florida's offense struggled under him ( not having a QB will do that to you).
Washington already hired an OC in Bush Hamdan. Nussmeier was mentioned with the OSU job but they went with Lindgren instead.

Well, keeping the coordinators worked well for them.

GIF_furious_7_bus_falls_off_cliff.gif

They're in a weird situation-they're going to have five gimme wins a season (Snyder's traditional cupcake OOC, Kansas, and **** bailer), but they're probably going to struggle to win conference titles because OU, OSU, and TCU aren't going anywhere, and Tom Herman will have UT competing with those three in a couple years. If he's still getting them to bowls at 7-5 or 8-4 every year, why not let him keep going?
Herman will have them going this year. They will be tough.

I think location/campus is way overrrated as a factor in recruiting. But I cannot understand how any P5 talent from friggin California or Florida winds up in Lincoln.

Fleck has the huge advantage of having been recruiting the same footprint before. Heck, we saw a big bump with our NoCal recruiting with MM's G5 staff (lots of our best recruits are from the San Jose to Sacramento region).

With Frost, what's going to be interesting is that the Nubs are likely going to be doing a re-set from "CaliBraska" to "FloriBraska". That's a big change.

Isn't 6th in that league the difference between giving up 35 points a game and 50? The more and more I read about Herm Edwards........the more and more that being a disaster.
He got them up from 42 to 31 and they were one of the best at forcing turnovers in the conference, but their fans are way too forgiving of his first two years especially when it was still mediocrity at best this year (sure he didn't inherit the best but hardly an excuse). I guess they think that's the sign of fortunes changing but who knows. ASU fans rightly saw enough of him when they torched him twice, I don't think they want that.

Isn't 6th in that league the difference between giving up 35 points a game and 50? The more and more I read about Herm Edwards........the more and more that being a disaster.
6th in the conference for texas tech is a huge accomplishment. I cant remember their defenses being anything other than dumpster-fire terrible.

Back