What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Knoxville says hello!

Fair point, but they are both funny in their own ways, Tennessee can at least make a good argument that their 10th choice was still a decent hire.

For all intents and purposes, Herm freaking Edwards appears to have been at the top of his former agent's list. They want to go to a NFL model, but now will likely have to replace both coordinators at the very least. How exactly are those searches going to be run?

Fair point, but they are both funny in their own ways, Tennessee can at least make a good argument that their 10th choice was still a decent hire.

For all intents and purposes, Herm freaking Edwards appears to have been at the top of his former agent's list. They want to go to a NFL model, but now will likely have to replace both coordinators at the very least. How exactly are those searches going to be run?
Agreed. Tennessee's search was funny based on how poorly it was handled, but you are right, they got what looks to be a quality coach, in the end.

Boise St. has been the best team in the MWC. Big deal. That’s like being the best looking girl in ‘braska.

SWIM163_TK3_0609-rawWMFinal1920.jpg

Some updates on the ASU coaching staff situation from Footballscoop.com

Louisiana-Lafayette: Arizona State offensive coordinator Billy Napier plans to accept the Louisiana-Lafayette head coaching job, sources told FootballScoop on Friday.

Arizona State: Source tells FootballScoop longtime NFLer Antonio Pierce is a strong candidate to join the defensive staff, likely working with the linebackers. Following a 9 year NFL career, Pierce most recently has served as head coach at Long Beach Poly the past 4 seasons. Further, Mike Jurecki, reports Edwards has “zeroed in on” longtime NFL assistant Donnie Henderson to be another part of the defensive staff. Henderson, who served as defensive coordinator for Edwards with the Jets, has coached defensive backs most of his career. Henderson was not coaching this season.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Louisiana-Lafayette: Arizona State offensive coordinator Billy Napier plans to accept the Louisiana-Lafayette head coaching job, sources told FootballScoop on Friday.

Arizona State: Source tells FootballScoop longtime NFLer Antonio Pierce is a strong candidate to join the defensive staff, likely working with the linebackers. Following a 9 year NFL career, Pierce most recently has served as head coach at Long Beach Poly the past 4 seasons. Further, Mike Jurecki, reports Edwards has “zeroed in on” longtime NFL assistant Donnie Henderson to be another part of the defensive staff. Henderson, who served as defensive coordinator for Edwards with the Jets, has coached defensive backs most of his career. Henderson was not coaching this season.

ASU going full NFL, although I feel like Pierce wouldn't be a bad hire as a LB position coach. Plenty of experience and will probably bring a ton of Long Beach Poly kids to Tempe.

Pierce would be pretty dam good in So Cal living rooms.

Just because AB would never deviate from its high standards of journalistic integrity with opinion, conjecture or innuendo... here's the official announcement:

To be fair, I don't believe for a single second that Herm didn't know they were the Sun Devils. That sound bite from a press conference was him just playing around with the media in the room.
We'll see when Oscar nominations come out. As crazy as it sounds, he didn't look like a guy who was messing with the reporter.

Come on, man. He's an odd dude, but there is no way in hell (pun intended) he didn't know the program he just accepted the Head Coaching job for was nicknamed the Sun Devils. Zero chance.
I agree with this. I also believe it didn't cross his mind for one second that Devil's Digest was named as much due to exclusively producing content for the Sun Devil's program.

Come on, man. He's an odd dude, but there is no way in hell (pun intended) he didn't know the program he just accepted the Head Coaching job for was nicknamed the Sun Devils. Zero chance.
I'm with Nik on this one. He didn't know, or was so out of it he forgot in the moment

One would think. But then I watch that presser. Probably just a brain fart in the heat of the moment while his mind is racing as he does his over-enthusiastic schtick. So I think he knew on some level but it wasn't something that had been close to the front of him mind so he kind of forgot about it in the midst of his dialogue.

One would think. But then I watch that presser. Probably just a brain fart in the heat of the moment while his mind is racing as he does his over-enthusiastic schtick. So I think he knew on some level but it wasn't something that had been close to the front of him mind so he kind of forgot about it in the midst of his dialogue.

...you don't think he was joking? The joke may have been framed poorly and he came off as too serious... ...but I thought he was trying to joke with the reporter when I heard it. I'm not a huge Herm fan, but I think he's getting a little too much flack for it.

fwiw - I know someone that played for Herm, and loved him. I'm not saying Herm's a good coach, but I do think the man will recruit some decent players based on his enthusiasm alone.

ASU is a basketball school!
UofA is now a football school. It's flipped (Well it's flipping as the FBI continues to bring down Tucson's MBB).

Back