What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

I'm making my call: dominoes will fall and someone in the P5 is going to end up hiring Lane Kiffin.
To be honest, I think he's done the 2nd most impressive coaching job in the G5. I can't say I'm not impressed, but I'd prefer to watch that experiment from far far away.

To be honest, I think he's done the 2nd most impressive coaching job in the G5. I can't say I'm not impressed, but I'd prefer to watch that experiment from far far away.
I'd love to see him at Nebraska. Would be hilarious to see those fans (most of whom are Frank Solich type personalities) try to embrace Lane's schtick while their internet troll army talks up the Florida and California recruiting ties that will return the Nubs to glory. He was born in Lincoln. It could happen after Frost takes the UF job.

Looking like Chip Kelly to UCLA is going to happen unless Phil Knight steps in and pushes him to a Nike school. That would be Florida, since aTm is Adidas.

Looking like Chip Kelly to UCLA is going to happen unless Phil Knight steps in and pushes him to a Nike school. That would be Florida, since aTm is Adidas.
Is Chip beholden to Nike for any reason other than his relationship with Knight?

I'd love to see him at Nebraska. Would be hilarious to see those fans (most of whom are Frank Solich type personalities) try to embrace Lane's schtick while their internet troll army talks up the Florida and California recruiting ties that will return the Nubs to glory. He was born in Lincoln. It could happen after Frost takes the UF job.
Dear baby Jesus, please let this happen.

Is Chip beholden to Nike for any reason other than his relationship with Knight?
I don't think so, but there is always the possibility of Nike/Knight throwing extra money at him to b. land at a Nike school that a. is in a different conference than Oregon.

I'm making my call: dominoes will fall and someone in the P5 is going to end up hiring Lane Kiffin.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets a P5 job this year with the quick success he's had at FAU. Arkansas and Mississippi State sound like good possibilities for him.

Dear baby Jesus, please let this happen.
2BctHZ.gif

It will be interesting to see if he goes or not to Miss. I really think the events and results of the Tumpkin issue pissed him off. I think it may be time he leaves anyway so this may be the best outcome for both sides. CU is in much better shape to attract a HC and staff than when MM was hired. Wonder how quickly it could happen? Depends on the bowl game situation I guess.

FootballScoop report on the Ole Miss job reads to me like MacIntyre is a very strong possibility.

http://footballscoop.com/news/situation-ole-miss-wednesday-november-22/

Based on conversations with those in the profession, here’s what we do know about the Ole Miss search: the Rebels are looking for a program-builder, one that will be given the full support of the administration to construct his program in his image. Although it remains to be seen if one might accept, it is our understanding Ole Miss has been having conversations with representatives of current Power 5 head coaches, in addition to plenty of Group of 5 head coaches.

Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre reportedly wants the job as does UTSA’s Frank Wilson.

MacIntyre won six games in his first two seasons at San Jose State, then won 10 in 2012 and moved on to Colorado. In Mac’s first three seasons in Boulder the Buffs won 10 games, then (with Jim Leavitt’s help) they won 10 in 2016. The Buffs (currently 5-6) close out their regular season Saturday at Utah.

Pete Thamel's predictions:

Chip Kelly - UCLA
Scott Frost - Florida
Matt Campbell - Tennessee
Jimbo Fisher - Texas A&M
Mike Leach - Nebraska
Mike MacIntyre - Mississippi
Mike Norvell - Arkansas
Beau Baldwin - Oregon State
Kevin Sumlin - Arizona State

So, who then ends up with the top two jobs that leaves open: Florida State and Colorado?

I got the feeling Chiv was the coach in waiting and that Mac would split after his son graduated. The contract extension was strictly to line our pockets with buyout money for the next coach’s salary (around $2.5 - $3 mil a year for 4 years, etc).

Felt like JL and Chiv were both forced on MM by AD George; totally fine with that by the way. I like MM but he isn’t George’s guy. I also don’t think Chiv is “ready,” but I definitely think the potential is there in a few years.

Okay, how nuts am I?

I got the feeling Chiv was the coach in waiting and that Mac would split after his son graduated. The contract extension was strictly to line our pockets with buyout money for the next coach’s salary (around $2.5 - $3 mil a year for 4 years, etc).

Felt like JL and Chiv were both forced on MM by AD George; totally fine with that by the way. I like MM but he isn’t George’s guy. I also don’t think Chiv is “ready,” but I definitely think the potential is there in a few years.

Okay, how nuts am I?
I don't think "forced" is the right word. I haven't heard that the relationship was that adversarial or that RG wasn't supportive or that he didn't treat MM like he was his coach. Certain things, certain terminations and certain hires were definitely encouraged, though. The past 11 months have been more challenging, too, with the Tumpkin thing and its aftermath.

Back