What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

I wonder if someone's going to take a chance on Neal Brown, HC at Troy. Only 37, but he'd already been OC at Texas Tech and Kentucky before taking the Troy job. 4-8 his first year followed by 10-3 last year and 9-2 so far this year.
I really like Neal Brown - he was on my short list. Won at LSU and destroyed Texas State today 62-9. No West coast ties that I can tell which would be my main concern, but I think he's a hell of a coach. If he moved on to a job like UCF next year, I think he'd do very well and be in line for a major job very soon.

FootballScoop doesn't seem so sure that Frost is going to Nebraska.

Nebraska: Lars Anderson of Bleacher Report notes tonight his source tells him Scott Frost to Nebraska is a done deal. Anderson holds himself out as having deep connections to Nebraska. For what it is worth, sources tell FootballScoop Florida officials feel very confident in their ability to secure Frost as their next head coach. All of this comes after many, many coaches told FootballScoop Chip Kelly plans to choose UCLA over Florida.
While it seems like a no brainer decision for Kelly, I really hate the idea of him going to UCLA. I rather enjoy UCLA sucking and he is definitely an immediate upgrade to Mora.
Reading edit: Looks like Florida has gone full bore all in for Frost. Who has more money? I know Frost would be going home if he went to the Nubs, but there is no possible way he could even come close to getting the recruits to the land of corn like he would get at Florida. Interesting developments thus far in what looks to be a busy weekend on the carousel.

Last edited:
Should’ve posted here, but the Gameday guys are sayin Kelly is a heavy UCLA lean. That would seem like a no brainer to me.

Chip Kelly doesn’t scare me. The rest of the football world has caught on to his gimmick.
I hope you're right, but I'm not sure about that. He got fired from Philadelphia for his personnel moves more than anything and his SF tenure I disregard because that entire organization was a disaster and they only gave him 1 year.

I’ll be interested to see what kind of staff he puts together. That will be the key to his success there, IMO. What kind of connections does he have in the college coaching world anymore?

For me, I think that it can go either way with Kelly. He's won a lot of games before, so winning wouldn't surprise me if he did. On the other hand, his best teams were all about going up tempo 100 MPH and nobody else really did it. Now how many teams in the country do?

Kelly's UCLA will be better than Mora's UCLA. Which means we have a problem.
Yep.

I think the biggest surprise to people is going to be that his recruiting will look worse but the team will end up looking faster on the field and will be playing better.

That happens when you recruit to a system and don't just try to collect as many recruits with the highest star rating that you can get.

Recruiting athletes in So Cal just got a lot more difficult.

. . . for USC! I can't remember the last guy we beat out UCLA for. Truth is the 2 LA schools have long dominated SoCal recruiting. Chip's not gonna change that. He may make USC uncomfortable, though.

Back