What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Things moving along, now....

Filled jobs:

fUCLA- They strike hard and fast, grabbing the brass ring and landing Chip Kelly. h/t Jens.
UF- Mullen is in, per ESPN.
Ole Miss- Matt Luke it is. h/t nik. 2 year bowl ban, loss of schollies
MSU- Joey Moorhead, OC at Penn. St. takes over in Starkville. h/t cmgoods
ASU- Herm Edwards. Strange hire. ASU installing an NFL model, I kind of doubt that is going to net significantly different results. The P12S cheers this hire. (h/t Jens)
aTm- Jimbo leaves FSU h/t Serenity Buff
Oregon St.- Cal OC Beau Baldwin was tapped for the job. h/t nik UPDATE: Washington OC Jonathon Smith nabs the job..
NU- The nubs get their man, Frost it is. (h/t Jens)

Open jobs:

Rice- David Bailiff let go. (h/t zapata)
Arky- Bielema out. Malzahn sign extension with Auburn. Norvell? Morris? (h/t onealcd)
Kent St.- Paul Haynes out. h/t mdelpizzo
Ga. Southern- Tyson Summers out. Tee Martin has shown interest ( I forget who posted this, so h/t to somebody)
UTEP- Kugler out, Mike Price in for a repeat.
South Alabama- Joey Jones out

Secondary Market:

FSU- Jimbo bolts to aTm, FSU has begun vetting Willie Taggart. h/t Jens. Deal may be near that includes JMFL. h/t onealcd
UCF- Frost bails, Sumlin and Troy Walters in play. (h/t Nik)

Possibles-

Oregon- Uncle Phil may have to open up the checkbook again if Taggart bolts. Leavitt?

In a category all their own:

Tennessee- After enduring Grudcon 1, Rocky Top suffers a case of Grudon dysfunction. Greg Schiano signs a MOU, Vols go absolutely ape**** with legislators, former players, talk show hosts and dog catchers protesting Schiano pedophile allegations. Schiano is told "no thanks" and Schiano's agent, in his best Ray Liotta voice from Goodfellas says "Screw you, pay me." Currie the AD, after having to **** backwards on the issue, is now searching, again. No way Gruden leaves his lofty perch to step in that collective pile of dog doo. Who would? A complete hot mess with a side of vitriol. Fun to watch, unless you are a Vol. Kiffin trolling them mercilessly. Food cart watching the city burn from afar.....UPDATE: Cutcliffe at Duke says no thanks. (h/t Ruckus). Now chasing Mike Gundy, who spurned them in 2012 (h/t Austin Cameron). UPDATE OF THE UPDATE: (h/t Serenity Buff) Mountains of cash being thrown at Gundy, and he is listening, btw, he's a man ya know. UPDATE, COMEDY VERSION: Gundy works UT like an old shoe, only to stay at Okie Lite. h/t cmgoods. No HC search has gone this badly in recent memory. Miles, Morris (h/t Tscheck) Brohm (h/t ahoelsken) are in play. One has to wonder how far down the list UT goes before MikMac is considered. They may truly end up with Dave Logan. No Brohm, despite earlier reports today, (h/r Tscheck, Austin Cameron), on to NCST's Doeren (h/t DuffMan). UPDATE: Doeren a no go. Sumlin reportedly not interested. AD Currie offered Leach, but had the carpet pulled from under him and was fired. Former HC Fulmer now the acting AD. Reports former AD Currie headed to Pullman to take on the WSU AD job. I can't keep up with this. It is an 11 out of 10 at this point. Fulmer rumored to be enamored with Les Miles. Stay tuned. UPDATE: the retread Fulmer (h/t Jens) now at AD looking hard at retread Les Miles. Other names: Chad Morris and Mike Norvell.

Other news:
TCU- Extended GPat trough 2024 h/t nik
TTU- KliffyK safe h/t onealcd
KU- Beaty confirmed to be back next year.
Mizzou- Barry Odom set for extension.
ISU- Campbell signs extension
Auburn- Malzahn signs extension which basically means he is in the clear until next October.
OSU- Gundy gets a $700K raise after jerking UT's chain. (h/t buffs 35)

Please forgive my attempts at humor, this stuff is highly amusing to me.

Last edited:
Football Scoop updates so far today (at least 7/10 Nub assistants coming from UCF staff & all will be under at least 2-year contracts):

Nebraska: Scott Frost has announced the additions of the following assistant coaches to his staff (each coming from UCF); Greg Austin (OL), Erik Chinander (DC), Mike Dawson (DL), Jovan Dewitt (OLBs / STC), Travis Fisher (DBs), Ryan Held (RBs), and Mario Verduzco (QBs).

Frost is pulling a Hawkins/MacIntyre and bringing the vast majority of his G5 staff with him to NU. Stupid move, potentially sets him back years.

Frost is pulling a Hawkins/MacIntyre and bringing the vast majority of his G5 staff with him to NU. Stupid move, potentially sets him back years.
IrX3vtE.gif

Which is a better job, UO or FSU?

I’d lean to FSU, but Oregon never has to worry about money. Ever.

What's the O/U for the amount of hours it takes for Slick Rick to remind Phil of his availability if the job were to open?.

Which is a better job, UO or FSU?

I’d lean to FSU, but Oregon never has to worry about money. Ever.
FSU, by a long shot. There's the same pressure to win (as evidenced by UofO canning Helfrich 2 years after they made the title game), but FSU is in Florida. Oregon's produced very few top level recruits, whereas Florida is one of, if not the, most fertile recruiting grounds. Even though NikeU has money, does that continue when Uncle Phil kicks the bucket? FSU's money doesn't come from one single guy.

Makes sense as he has a well oiled machine of a Staff so helps have some consistency to hit ground running at NU. Each situation different, but building a new staff has just as much potential for failure.

Football Scoop:

UCF: Toledo head coach Jason Candle is expected to interview today for the head coaching job, per a tweet from Ryan Bass. In addition, offensive coordinator Troy Walters is interviewing this afternoon, per a tweet from Brandon Helwig.

If Taggart takes the FSU job, which I would guess he will. Who does Oregon go after? They have the money to hire anyone they want, but who else is a top name coach that is still available or would be willing to jump ship? I've heard several people mention Leavitt but with what happened at Tennessee with Schiano, saying they didn't want him because of hearsay at Penn State, even though they probably just used that as an excuse. So how can Leavitt get a job in today's culture?

If Taggart takes the FSU job, which I would guess he will. Who does Oregon go after? They have the money to hire anyone they want, but who else is a top name coach that is still available or would be willing to jump ship? I've heard several people mention Leavitt but with what happened at Tennessee with Schiano, saying they didn't want him because of hearsay at Penn State, even though they probably just used that as an excuse. So how can Leavitt get a job in today's culture?
He already has a job there? If they consider him worthy of DC, how can the same school say he's not fit to be HC?

despite our own hardships, i am so so happy with herm edwards at america's stripper u. it is going to be the bestest most awesome train wreck ever. i can't wait to watch it all explode.

what a terrible hire.

Take that clip co any ASU commit/recruit and just play it. No need to say anything, just play the clip.

Back