What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do they expect to have success in the early signing period with that speculation out there? It sucks to be a CSU lamb.
Don't know how many of their commits have better offers but the speculation can't be good for recruiting. They should define things in one way or another but they are who they are so mishandling things isn't a surprise. After all they are who they are.

At the risk of turning this into another MM discussion, CSU could wait until after the beginning of the year, hire MM on the cheap (dude is still collecting checks from CU) and upgrade their coaching staff all while getting what fans they do have excited for the upcoming season. The first game of the year would be a guaranteed sellout (probably would have been anyway, but they could charge a premium if they wanted to in that situation), and there would be a buzz around the program they haven’t had for years. Their biggest risk would be losing MM to another program while they wait.
Hope MM discussions stop forever, but we are done with him in that settlement, so all is good. One thing this years carousel could prove is that we may need to line up more money for Tucker after next year if he stays trending up. Lake’s contract terms will be interesting and important as comparison.

Hope MM discussions stop forever, but we are done with him in that settlement, so all is good. One thing this years carousel could prove is that we may need to line up more money for Tucker after next year if he stays trending up. Lake’s contract terms will be interesting and important as comparison.
Hey, why aren't we talking Dave Logan to CSU?

😉 :LOL:

I keep seeing from some CSU fans that the plan is to wait until after the new year to pull the trigger to save money. If so, that is chicken**** with the early signing period in two weeks.

It's CSU, where else are those kids going to sign? Fort Lewis? Mesa State?

They need a stud OC to pair with Lake-Harrell or maybe Joe Brady?
You're smoking something if you think either of those guys are moving. Brady will be the LSU OC at year's end, or in the NFL, if not a head coach somewhere.

Harrell has too much to work with at USC.

CSU improved everywhere this year but their OL was bad. I doubt they can afford to fire Bobo now or in January. They'd be better off hiring a good OL coach as this was the second year of awful OL play.

At the risk of turning this into another MM discussion, CSU could wait until after the beginning of the year, hire MM on the cheap (dude is still collecting checks from CU) and upgrade their coaching staff all while getting what fans they do have excited for the upcoming season. The first game of the year would be a guaranteed sellout (probably would have been anyway, but they could charge a premium if they wanted to in that situation), and there would be a buzz around the program they haven’t had for years. Their biggest risk would be losing MM to another program while they wait.

Or in another bizarre twist with an inbred local angle, they could entice Sparkles away from CMU and launch a "Return To Respectability" ad campaign. A lateral move for Jim Mc, but FoCo has to be quite a bit better than Mt Pleasant, MI, and he's a westerner historically.

CSU improved everywhere this year but their OL was bad. I doubt they can afford to fire Bobo now or in January. They'd be better off hiring a good OL coach as this was the second year of awful OL play.

They also return almost all their starters next season - so could be a good bounce back year for Bobo

I think CSU was a healthy Colin Hill away from 2 more wins. They have some good folks on D and the 6'6" WR is stout.

With Lake ascending to the head coach at UW, five of twelve HCs in Pac 12 are AA (Tucker at CU, Shaw at Stanford, Herm at ASU, Sumlin at Zona, and Lake at UW).
Wasn't that long ago that there were only five in all of college football.

If I were an AD needing a coach it would be hard for me not to make an extra effort looking at AA candidates. Like Tucker there seem to be many of them who have been passed over for too long who are really ready and deserving of a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back