What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much longer we can go before USC fans start to panic and have to be talked off the ledge. They've worked themselves into an Urban this year or bust mindset.

i love that we helped precipitate the end of pedey at uw. that is the last of the boise state curse lifting right there! i feel it.

and jimmy lake-- the jury is out-- great recruiter. and?

we need to topple 3 dominoes to reclaim our place of glory-- uw fading was the first domino. the 2nd is beating usc. and the third is continuing to improve our recruiting.

i am stoked. eat that, fuskies!

My understanding is that Lake is known as a recruiter. His game prep and other coaching talents are less celebrated. It’s a big jump. I would expect some growing pains. It’s his first HC job if I remember correctly. Thats a serious staff he will need to assemble and most well established ACs aren’t too interested in working for a first time HC.

I may be projecting a little. I hope he is a catastrophic failure and sets that program back 15 years. I suspect he will actually be pretty good. Dammit.

I wonder how much longer we can go before USC fans start to panic and have to be talked off the ledge. They've worked themselves into an Urban this year or bust mindset.

they are strongly leaning toward keeping helton another year--- their recruiting is absolute dog **** (for once) because of all the uncertainty and the buyout is big for helton and they have a new ad in the bohner.

i think they try to re-up him with some favorable cash terms.

it is all coming together, Buffs. uw has fallen and it can't get up. usc is next. the utes and the rest are just stepping stones.

I am admittedly a huge fan of Lake, but some of you are being really presumptuous that he will not be a good coach.

He is not just a recruiter. He is considered one of the rising stars amongst defensive coaches in the country.

i love the guy and i think he's shown he's more than a recruiter. but, this definitely puts a question mark on their program until proven otherwise.

i'm going with "they are ****ing DOOOOOOOOMED" because that makes me happy.

I am admittedly a huge fan of Lake, but some of you are being really presumptuous that he will not be a good coach.

He is not just a recruiter. He is considered one of the rising stars amongst defensive coaches in the country.
It's also presumptuous to think he will be a great head coach. He is a good coordinator, no doubt. Time will tell. In the interim, it's disruptive.

It's also presumptuous to think he will be a great head coach. He is a good coordinator, no doubt. Time will tell. In the interim, it's disruptive.

I don't know that he will be a great HC, just know this is not the stretch hire some are making it seem. Not a stretch at all actually.

MK1sE4U.gif

i love the guy and i think he's shown he's more than a recruiter. but, this definitely puts a question mark on their program until proven otherwise.

i'm going with "they are ****ing DOOOOOOOOMED" because that makes me happy.

A ton of questions there now. Lake can win up there, but time will tell.

Wristen is an excellent coach who I think would do as well as anyone could in Ft. Collins. I wonder if he is ever going to get a shot at a D1 school though.

By all reports he is a very respected guy who has run a quality program. Unfortunately in 2000 he had an incident that resulted in him being arrested for domestic violence and a child abuse charge. I have no idea what the legal outcome was and he has had no similar incidents since but that kind of thing stays with a person who is going to be the public face of a university and one of if not it's highest paid employee.
What makes people think they can afford to let him go? They hit their Alumni so hard for money for the stadium, and they have done nothing with it. Has to be tough for their fan base and really tough for an AD or state legislator to pine up more money.

Utah's Kyle Whittingham is a good example of a DC continuing the success of the program after the star head coach leaves. Lake could be viewed in a similar light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back