What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year's hottest HC candidate staying put for now.

Right now, there are only two big steps up available to Campbell. Arky and FSU. Arky offered, Campbell said no. FSU is after a bigger fish than Campbell (i.e. Norvell, Franklin, some still holding out hope for two pipe dreams Stoops and ND's Kelly, but I really doubt either). My guess is he will sit tight and see what happens next year. I thought Campbell would go to FSU, but he's out, apparently. Probably Norvell.

Regarding Washington and Petersen, there is no way you move that fast unless this has been in the works for some time.

I was listening to Rick Neuheisel today and he spoke about Petersen pretty candidly. He mentioned that Chris P really loves being a coach but hates the other aspects about being a HC at a P5. It was the biggest reason why he didn't take the job at USC (which I had never heard before) as he didn't want anything to do with the glad handing with big boosters and alumni. It makes complete sense why he has stepped away. It burned him out.

I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a few years off and then ends back at a G5 School. He can coach and not worry about anything else.

Petersen would be a guy I could see pulling a Bob Stoops and going to the XFL if that league makes it to 2021. He can coach and not deal with the BS that goes into being a coach in the Power 5.

Utah's defense is nasty but man they are going to have a tough matchup against any of the top three teams.
They would be fourth of the four.

LSU and Ohio State are on another level, Clemson is good but I think Utah could match up and upset them. The other two I give them no chance.

They would be fourth of the four.

LSU and Ohio State are on another level, Clemson is good but I think Utah could match up and upset them. The other two I give them no chance.
That Clemson offense is playing just as well as the other two right now. Ohio State makes good defenses look slow. I think the best matchup for them might actually be LSU.

The first part makes no sense and is classic bohn bull****

I don't believe the "We've gotta give Helton time to find a cushy landing spot in the MWC" bull**** either. That's what buyouts and clauses in these guys' contracts that state that they have to make good faith efforts to find other gigs are for. Bohn doesn't have a ****ing clue what he wants to do with Helton. I'd feel bad for Helton if I wasn't so busy laughing at their AD's incompetence.

I don't believe the "We've gotta give Helton time to find a cushy landing spot in the MWC" bull**** either. That's what buyouts and clauses in these guys' contracts that state that they have to make good faith efforts to find other gigs are for. Bohn doesn't have a ****ing clue what he wants to do with Helton. I'd feel bad for Helton if I wasn't so busy laughing at their AD's incompetence.

idk, that actually sounds like some standard Bohn dumb****ery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back