What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***OFFICIAL 2019 CU FOOTBALL FALL CAMP THREAD***

(personal) Great to hear that the top 3 (3 of 4?) guys on the team are standing out as prepared and kicking ass.

Info:

Newcomers need to pick it up, they weren't up to snuff pace and intensity wise.

Hambright looks good, but rusty.

Mel's excited!

Team's deeper, better conditioned, blah blah blah

corners were very thin in spring. Tuck's excited bout Miller. Competition now.

Last edited:
(personal)

I LOVED how he pulls no punches and publicly let all newcomers know that there is a different standard that is expected out of them, while still being very supportive and excited about having them here.

The other thing that I really liked hearing was HCMT's insistence that they have depth that is ready to play on the D-Line (and several other position groups). In my mind, this was a callout to the position coaches that "Hey, its on you guys to get these guys ready if we're going to stand any chance of being successful". It drove me nuts how former regimes would just accept that guys weren't cutting it, and then rely heavily on the guys that could perform to play almost all of the snaps. Our DL in particular would wear down. HCMT knows that you need rotation to keep guys fresh (in the game and for the season). That attitude is how you see players develop....and it is such a breath of fresh air to hear MT be so transparent about it.

Last edited:
(personal) Great to hear that the top 3 (3 of 4?) guys on the team are standing out as prepared and kicking ass.

Info:

Hambright looks good, but rusty.

Mel's excited!

Team's deeper, better conditioned, blah blah blah

corners were very thin in spring. Tuck's excited bout Miller. Competition now.
So, so refreshing after that last dunce.

“We will watch tape, we will confront them, we will coach them, we will hold them accountable.”

Mel definitely has a different vibe/confidence when he is in front of media he has a relationship with. Coach seemed very smooth and confident.

That's what struck me too-very comfortable with the media. Two other observations-Depth (common question-and I echo Bill Cody here......I don't see Mel Tucker as the kind of dude who will tolerate a Jeffcoat in recruiting or this time of year) and conditioning. Woelk said in the video he and MJ did that that really stood out to him. He looks like a BAMF in the Saban hat.

It's all coach speak at this point, but MT mentioned his top 3 players by name in a positive way. I really hope this is strategic in how he calls them out positively and negatively when he needs to. Breeds leadership across the team.

Back