What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***OFFICIAL 2019 CU FOOTBALL FALL CAMP THREAD***

The schedule isn't what I'd call brutal, but tough, I guess. I'm not so much worried about what everyone else in the conference looks like, when I don't know what the hell we are gonna look like. Is Montez just going to drop back and look for Viska every damn time, or is he gonna spread the wealth? What is the O gonna look like? On D, is it gonna be balls to the wall, bend but don't break, or maybe a bit of both? We'll find out in about a week.

3 win prediction, but 2 of those wins come against USC and UW with a loss to Air Force. His reasoning for the W against Washington is Tucker vs Jacob Eason Lololol they really let anyone post on Twitter.

****! Anyone want my season tickets?

Several mild surprises and some clarity with this depth chart.

It's curious that a couple spots we had position battles (LG and L-CB) ended up with the loser backing up the position on the other side instead of getting an -OR- or being the backup on the left side.

However, I'm also very confident that an injury would not result in a "next man up" within the depth chart as listed. For instance, if something happened to Lynott at C I 100% expect that Pursell would slide over and Roddick would start at RG rather than Jynes getting the start at C.

If we were a baseball team, we’d be great up the middle.
I’m a little concerned about the edges, though.

Interesting that Lytle or Stenstrom, Blake must have really stepped up. Already got Noyer out of the way.
Also, Tchangam getting the start. Would love to see this kid break out
JVD earning that other LB position, Love it
Tchangman won’t start in base D. He’ll play mostly on 3td down. I’m not sure he plays in Base Run D either. I think that’s Falo.

Tchangman won’t start in base D. He’ll play mostly on 3td down. I’m not sure he plays in Base Run D either. I think that’s Falo.
Not according to the depth chart, but possible. If Tchangam came along in run D, that's why he's the starter.

Trey Udoffia is out for the year? I knew he was injured, but I thought he might return mid-season. Also, it says it's a personal decision. Wonder what the story is there.

Agree. They did not list H-back, interestingly. Should see Russel there and Harris at TE in some sets.
Interestingly, they didn't list any WRs as a "Y". Instead, they went with "X", "Z" and "H". Might that mean our base offense is to have 1 WR on the boundary with the other 2 at or inside the hashes?

Not according to the depth chart, but possible. If Tchangam came along in run D, that's why he's the starter.
They can’t play 12 on D.

I expect Star to be base D. Wells will be OLB, not Tchangam. . There have been several references to Falo as run stopper (Base Run) and Tchangman (Dime) as rusher.

Interestingly, they didn't list any WRs as a "Y". Instead, they went with "X", "Z" and "H". Might that mean our base offense is to have 1 WR on the boundary with the other 2 at or inside the hashes?
X and H are LOADED. If Bell turns out to be a player this year then all three are and we can rotate WR's until the opponents secondary can't breathe for the second half of games.

Meh, that **** happens every year with screw ups on weight. I can't go B_Walk about a certain thing, so I'll just leave it alone. I'm sure y'all can figure out what I'm getting at. :)

Ha. Missed that. I think there could indeed be some 1WR sets. H seems to be slot be it wide (Dimitri) or tight (Russell).

I love the idea of Viska and Arias wide and Nixon, Dumitri, Brown (two of three) in slots or trips. Think of Viska on short side opposite of trips.

Back