What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***OFFICIAL 2019 CU FOOTBALL FALL CAMP THREAD***

It will be interesting to see if/when MT will let up off the gas. Maybe he doesn't in order to make a statement unlike FHCMM. HE should run up the score to give this team some confidence. Watch the top 10 teams run up 70+ points on their opponents.
I think we will see a much different philosophy here. His coaching background is much different. If the Buffs can score 50, 60 points this Friday, I think HCMT will be happy to stand on the sidelines and watch it happen.

I like everything MT says. He sounds focused. He sounds calm. He sounds organized. He sounds like he has a plan and knows how to implement it. He sounds great!!

But you know what they say about “saying and doing.” He’s still relying on the players to implement the plan. Can they? Will they?

I like everything MT says. He sounds focused. He sounds calm. He sounds organized. He sounds like he has a plan and knows how to implement it. He sounds great!!

But you know what they say about “saying and doing.” He’s still relying on the players to implement the plan. Can they? Will they?
You should write for the Camera.

Game Day Pole:

Would you rather go to a bowl game and lose to both CSU & NEB -or- Beat CSU & NEB and not go to a bowl game?

Maybe you all will give me enough responses to get me through the next 9 freaking hours before game time :cool:

Game Day Pole:

Would you rather go to a bowl game and lose to both CSU & NEB -or- Beat CSU & NEB and not go to a bowl game?

Maybe you all will give me enough responses to get me through the next 9 freaking hours before game time :cool:
Have to take the bowl game. As much as it would befuddle me to have at least 6 wins on the schedule that don't include the goats or the corn, you have to take the post season money/exposure/prestige.

It’s a silly question because the Buffs need at least one of those two games, if not both, to go bowling. Both games are easier than most of the PAC 12 schedule.

I’d like to see five conference wins. Then six or seven. I don’t care about OOC, unless big opponent P5 game.

OOC games count toward bowl eligibility which is the primary goal every season, so you should care about them.
Championships - conference and national - should be the goal, not bowls. CU could go 3-6 in conference and make a bowl!?!?! Wow.

I surely hope MT did not set bowl eligibility as a primary goal for this team.

Bowl smowl.

Championships - conference and national - should be the goal, not bowls. CU could go 3-6 in conference and make a bowl!?!?! Wow.

Bowl smowl.
You have to start somewhere.

Bowl smowl.
Rick George set bowl eligibility as the baseline goal each and every year. You should know this. You were the one who kept harping on Rick George's strategic vision and goals that he set for the football program last offseason.

Bowl smowl.
Bowl eligibility leads to more practices for the players, gifts for the players, additional revenue for the football program, additional exposure, which leads to better recruiting, a more conditioned and better prepared football team which leads to better seasons in the future which leads to championships. Bowl eligibility should be the goal for this team until we can actually string together two bowl years in a row. Then, I agree with you that championships should be the end goal, but you can't put the cart before the horse.

Rick George set bowl eligibility as the baseline goal each and every year. You should know this. You were the one who kept harping on Rick George's strategic vision and goals that he set for the football program last offseason.
I see where it says win a P12 championship. Maybe I’m not looking at the correct section

I see where it says win a P12 championship. Maybe I’m not looking at the correct section
Yep. That was in year 3, iirc. I think you're deliberately being obtuse here. Regardless, if National Championship is your goal, you better care about OOC because that's the only way that goal is a reality.

Yep. That was in year 3, iirc. I think you're deliberately being obtuse here. Regardless, if National Championship is your goal, you better care about OOC because that's the only way that goal is a reality.
That’s not the way the goal is stated. It says win a championship in a three year window, nothing about bowl eligibility. Again, unless we are looking at different plans.

I like the way OOC schedules are emerging in CFB. They matter now to some teams, but not many teams, on the national level.

That’s not the way the goal is stated. It says win a championship in a three year window, nothing about bowl eligibility. Again, unless we are looking at different plans.

I like the way OOC schedules are emerging in CFB. They matter now to some teams, but not many teams, on the national level.
From the plan... See "Check Point 1.4.1" below... Again, their baseline goal is to receive a bowl bid every single year in football, which means OOC matters to meet those goals. Obviously the time frame on these goals should probably be pushed back to starting in 2019.

- Win Pac 12 Championship in Football between 2019 and 2021
- Receive at least 1 NY Six bowl Bid in Football between 2019 and 2021
- Receive a Bowl Bid every year in Football between 2019 and 2021
Strat Plan.PNG

From the plan... See "Check Point 1.4.1" below... Again, their baseline goal is to receive a bowl bid every single year in football, which means OOC matters to meet those goals. Obviously the time frame on these goals should probably be pushed back to starting in 2019.

- Win Pac 12 Championship in Football between 2019 and 2021
- Receive at least 1 NY Six bowl Bid in Football between 2019 and 2021
- Receive a Bowl Bid every year in Football between 2019 and 2021
View attachment 30938
Thanks. Will be interesting to see if he provides a revision. Go to bowl is indeed on there. Kinda down the list, but good place to start, I guess. More practices would be nice.

Back