What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2020 Fall Camp Thread

Then begged him to come back. Anybody see a problem here?
Yes, rolling with 2 scholarship QBs with zero collegiate starts and a true freshman was a problem. Noyer at least gives them an older guy who’s been around and can at least provide some competition and QB room leadership

Montez was a physically gifted player, much more so than a guy like Lytle.

What we unfortunately found out is that despite his size and big arm Montez was not a leader, was not a guy who rose above challenges. He lacked what people like to call the intangibles.

How is Lytle in those areas? Because he never got to play meaningful snaps we don't know. We know he is a guy who has a desire to play, that already puts him one step ahead of Montez.
Out of all college football players, there is a small minority of QB's that have the privilege of getting drafted or making the practice squad. Montez is one of the selected few. Whether we liked his play or not he was not some shlep slinging the ball. Kid is talented and good enough to be one of the select few. Montez loved play8ing the game and still does.

Out of all college football players, there is a small minority of QB's that have the privilege of getting drafted or making the practice squad. Montez is one of the selected few. Whether we liked his play or not he was not some shlep slinging the ball. Kid is talented and good enough to be one of the select few. Montez loved play8ing the game and still does.
Uhhhh no. He has the physical gifts that NFL coaches all love to see in a QB and those guys think they can fix mechanical issues like throwing off his back foot more often than not. He's physically talented sure, not mentally talented nor does he have the work ethic at least from what we've seen while he was here. Being physically gifted isn't enough, and 3 straight 5-7 seasons is all you need to see to know that.

A former NFL QB came to my high school about 25 years ago and gave a speech why education was important. He mentioned the fact that one out of 12,000 high school football players would make it to the NFL. I'm sure the odds were higher for basketball. You are correct that the person has to truly love the sport in order to make it to the NFL. The average fan does not know the time, effort, and money that is put in before arriving to the NFL during their high school years. You hear those stories but you wouldn't understand because you weren't in their shoes.

I'd love to know the odds of making it to that second contract in the NFL.

Yes, rolling with 2 scholarship QBs with zero collegiate starts and a true freshman was a problem. Noyer at least gives them an older guy who’s been around and can at least provide some competition and QB room leadership

That's why it was so important to get Noyer back. He doesn't need to win the job-but he's a guy who can execute the offense in my mind if Lytle (who I think wins the job) gets hurt against UCLA.

Why wouldn't CU play Lewis right away if they think he's halfway close to Lytle ?
Isn't this late fall schedule a 'freebie' anyways ?

I could see him getting way more action (and maybe starting) the Arizona and Utah games. Not sure if I love the idea of Brendon as more of gimmick against UCLA.

I think Lytle gets the start, if it is Lewis I see both Noyer and Lytle transferring. Lytle would still have 2 years to play somewhere else.

Needs to be comfortable with playbook to play faster.
Help me here, didn't all three likely see the new playbook at the same time? New HC, new OC as of February 2020. Unless of course the prior facility with Chev's bubble screens gives somebody a leg up.

I think Lytle gets the start, if it is Lewis I see both Noyer and Lytle transferring. Lytle would still have 2 years to play somewhere else.
Meh. Neither is transferring until the end of the season anyways, so it doesn't really matter at this point what you do.

Back