What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2020 Fall Camp Thread

What's the bull case for Lytle? He seemed like a pretty good recruit and has been in the system forever. Is there any evidence to support him surprising on upside?
I think a lot of the problem is because the last two staffs absolutely refused to play anyone other than Montez, which has created this problem. It could mean he is just not good enough as a P5 QB, we will find out soon enough.

And maybe some of that was due to the defense and the fact that everyone looked lost at the beginning of last year, but I honestly felt like his athleticism was exposed against ****braska last year, specifically the swing pass to their RB that went for an 80 yard TD right after KD's flea flicker TD.

Feels like he's an old school Big 12 CU ILB, not one made for covering RBs in the Pac 12, but hopefully he proves me wrong. I just think he's been recruited over at this point.
Agreed on JVD. In the CSU and Nebraska game he looked like Gamboa in terms of athleticism. I know he had an injury and obviously swimming some in this defense, but he was exposed big time in those two first games and was replaced by Jones.

I think a lot of the problem is because the last two staffs absolutely refused to play anyone other than Montez, which has created this problem. It could mean he is just not good enough as a P5 QB, we will find out soon enough.

If he's not good enough it would have been easy to find out in live action during one of the many losses the last three years. Instead, we are forced to roll the dice this year.

Play them early, and if they aren't good, run them off and recruit new ones. MacIntyre and Mel, it's not that hard.

Nothing too crazy in here but things that stood out to me:

- Around :17, #58 Alvin Williams looks quick and has good size. Noticeably bigger than a lot of the other true freshmen.

- Mustafa and Landman are in the video a bit and they’re both clearly in good physical shape.

- A lil after the 1:00 mark is the only sighting of Clayton but damn it looks cool seeing a #0 out there.

- Around :17, #58 Alvin Williams looks quick and has good size. Noticeably bigger than a lot of the other true freshmen.

- Mustafa and Landman are in the video a bit and they’re both clearly in good physical shape.

- A lil after the 1:00 mark is the only sighting of Clayton but damn it looks cool seeing a #0 out there.

Definitely some RPO concepts in the offense, so it won’t be a total throwback scheme.

Normally this time, any other year, we would be laughing or crying as Buffs fans. I’m enjoying the August in October environment. I’m sad that the 2020 season is short, but at least we can see what the new era will be like!

Which QB with ones?

I thought Landman looked heavy.

Gotta say, the DBs have come a long way from two years ago as well.

Only real question on defense is the pass rush.

Also, gonna be interesting to see if Watts can adequately replace Kinney and if Stefanou can stay healthy.
I'm actually pretty comfortable with little Price if Stefanou can't stay healthy. Doesn't have the same leg strength but he seemed pretty accurate from 40 and in. 9/11 for his career and if I remember right, one of those misses was a blocked kick.

Back