What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Allbuffs Gambling Thread

ahoelsken

Because I'm too stoned to find last year's and its August 2....so its time to start talking at least win totals for the football season.

I'll start with a couple-Nebraska under 7.5. This is a no-brainer to at least me. I see four sure Ls on their schedule (Oklahoma, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa). You want to bet that a team that Scott Frost is coaching will not lose a game to somebody they're not supposed to (Hi, Illinois)? I don't. Big bet on the under.

I like Oklahoma over 9.5. Their OOC isn't hard. They get Baylor, Oklahoma State, and Kansas State (who for whatever reason they've had issues with) all at home. I don't think this is the year where Texas beats them. Maybe they lose a game they shouldn't or Dillon Gabriel gets injured.......but I'm gonna do a smaller bet on their over.

Is it sacrilege in these parts to reveal that I put $10 on Nebraska to win the Natty at +100,000?

Obviously I’m not expecting to ride that out until the end of the season, but I saw an entry error on my sports book and felt obligated to throw a 10 at it.

Hey, there hasn’t even been a snap of football played yet and I could cash out that bet for $40. My only regret right now is not putting more on it.

Soon to be replaced with the “I wish I cashed it out before the first snap “ regret, but that’s just something to worry about in a few weeks.
You won't get $40 cash out option on that bet

Is it sacrilege in these parts to reveal that I put $10 on Nebraska to win the Natty at +100,000?

Obviously I’m not expecting to ride that out until the end of the season, but I saw an entry error on my sports book and felt obligated to throw a 10 at it.
first warning. Second bet on the fuskers to win a natty is a lifetime ban :LOL:

D615BAD6-D8FA-46FD-92AC-3B89C8EE48DE.jpegBy the way, I feel great about this bet. If EVERYTHING goes right for the Fuskers, they might get 7. Will feel even better about when Northwestern beats them in a few weeks.

Liverpool / Fulham Total Goals Over 3.5
Luis Diaz to score anytime +125
Chelsea -160
Chelsea / Everton Total Goals Over 2.5

View attachment 53178By the way, I feel great about this bet. If EVERYTHING goes right for the Fuskers, they might get 7. Will feel even better about when Northwestern beats them in a few weeks.
This is an even numbered year, so Northwestern should be good!

I'm starting to like Texas A&M over 9. The only sure loss I see on that schedule is the trip to Alabama.

TCU moves to -10.

why?
Not sure. Was listening to Feldman and Mandel Pod from the other day and Mandel said that IF there was a team in the Big 12 that he had to pick to finish last, other than Kansas, it would be TCU. Going from a defensive minded, grind it out style and mindset for the past decade to the polar opposite with Dykes, along with a ton of new personnel, were the main reasons. He acknowledged TCU has some talent, but thinks they could struggle this season. Feldman half way agreed, but wasn't nearly as down to suggest they were the second worst team in the conference.

Not sure. Was listening to Feldman and Mandel Pod from the other day and Mandel said that IF there was a team in the Big 12 that he had to pick to finish last, other than Kansas, it would be TCU. Going from a defensive minded, grind it out style and mindset for the past decade to the polar opposite with Dykes, along with a ton of new personnel, were the main reasons. He acknowledged TCU has some talent, but thinks they could struggle this season. Feldman half way agreed, but wasn't nearly as down to suggest they were the second worst team in the conference.
McElroy loves them. I just don’t get this big of a move. 8.5 to 10?

Can't find the screenshot from early this year when the first week one lines came out, but this was from Serenity in the 2021 gambling thread. Opened at 9.5
I’ve looked at several line movements since opening. I saw a late 9.5. I saw more 7.5s. One 6.5.

bet Rivers opened at 9.5. Same with SugarHouse and UniBet. All at 7.5 10 days later.

Last edited:
I’ve looked at several line movements since opening. I saw a late 9.5. I saw more 7.5s. One 6.5.

bet Rivers opened at 9.5. Same with SugarHouse and UniBet. All at 7.5 10 days later.
Looks like you edited, but this was one I found from back in May. The earliest line that came out was 9.5. Regardless, as I said, I just think it's movement on a game between two teams with a lot of unknowns. Entirely new coaching staff at TCU, lots of new personnel, changing from defensive minded to Air Raid. At CU, 5 new assistants, brand new offense, QB1 job up in the air, transfers in/out, game is in Boulder, etc.

Looks like you edited, but this was one I found from back in May. The earliest line that came out was 9.5. Regardless, as I said, I just think it's movement on a game between two teams with a lot of unknowns. Entirely new coaching staff at TCU, lots of new personnel, changing from defensive minded to Air Raid. At CU, 5 new assistants, brand new offense, QB1 job up in the air, transfers in/out, game is in Boulder, etc.

Yes. I found 9.5s that went to 7.5 in 10 days. Look at recent line movement. Last 10 days, 15 days. That’s what I’m referring to. Is 1/2, then a quick full normal at this time of year?

Back