What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Season Prediction Thread

How many wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amy Poehler Work GIF

Sept. 2 – TCU (Friday) W (5-7 last year and won only 1 game on the road last year, they don't win here)
Sept. 10 – at Air Force W (10-3 last year, we will have more weapons and our front 7 will keep them in check)
Sept. 17 – at Minnesota W (9-4 last year, Sanford brings some magic in a revenge game, we show the B1G we belong)
Sept. 24 – UCLA W (8-4 last year, fvck fucla, we are at home)
Oct. 1 – at Arizona W (1-11 and they suck)
Oct. 8 – Bye
Oct. 15 – California W (5-7 last year and won only 1 game on the road last year, they don't win here)
Oct. 22 – at Oregon State W (7-6 last year, they were undefeated at home last year, but we are rolling and pull one out on the road)
Oct. 29 – Arizona State W ( 8-5 last year, but they are a dumpster fire, we win at home)
Nov. 5 – Oregon W (10-4 last year, but we are on a roll, they over look us as they get rolled in Folsom)
Nov. 11 – at SC (Friday) W (Because FVCK so cal)
Nov. 19 – at Washington W (4-8 last year, not as dominant as they used to be, we got this)
Nov. 26 – Utah W (10-4 last year, we are undefeated and we will not be denied at home!)

Heart tells me - 12-0 and we shock the world!
Head tell me - I hope at least 3-4 of these happen!

Wins: 3
Conference record: 2-7
Pass yards leader: Shrout
Rush yards leader: Smith
Receiving Yards Leader: Sneed
Tackles: Perry
INT's: Reed
Sacks: Thomas
Points Scored: 21.2
Points Against: 30.1

Wins: 6
Conference record: 4-5
Pass Yards: Shrout
Rush Yards: Fontenot
Receiving Yards: MLC
Tackles: Barnes
INTs: Woods
Sacks: Thomas
Points Scored: 26.3
Points Against: 23.4
Scoring more than we give up?

This team?

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Scoring more than we give up?

This team?

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I think our defense is going to be better than most people are giving it credit for. I think the DL is the deepest, most experienced and most talented we've had since 2016 and might be better than that group, and I also think the LB corps is the most athletic group we've had since then, but also has the size and experience. The Secondary is very thin, but I think the starters can play. Pass rush without having to bring 6 guys will be the key, which means Thomas and Alvin Williams will need to get after it.

Offensively, I honestly don't know what to expect, but I believe we will see a competent offense. Nothing special by any means, as 26 ppg would represent a 5-5.5 point/game increase, which is still somewhere around 7th-9th in the Pac 12, and something I think is achievable with basically an entirely new offensive staff and (most likely) starting QB.

The worst offense and the most dysfunctional coaching staff CU has had since Embree went 3-6 in conference last year. I think this team is significantly better than last year's team, but facing a tougher schedule, so 4-5 in conference (Oregon State, Arizona, ASU and Cal the likely candidates) and then beating TCU and AFA just doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.

I'm an eternal optimist, though.

I think our defense is going to be better than most people are giving it credit for. I think the DL is the deepest, most experienced and most talented we've had since 2016 and might be better than that group, and I also think the LB corps is the most athletic group we've had since then, but also has the size and experience. The Secondary is very thin, but I think the starters can play. Pass rush without having to bring 6 guys will be the key, which means Thomas and Alvin Williams will need to get after it.

Offensively, I honestly don't know what to expect, but I believe we will see a competent offense. Nothing special by any means, as 26 ppg would represent a 5-5.5 point/game increase, which is still somewhere around 7th-9th in the Pac 12, and something I think is achievable with basically an entirely new offensive staff and (most likely) starting QB.

The worst offense and the most dysfunctional coaching staff CU has had since Embree went 3-6 in conference last year. I think this team is significantly better than last year's team, but facing a tougher schedule, so 4-5 in conference (Oregon State, Arizona, ASU and Cal the likely candidates) and then beating TCU and AFA just doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.

Easy there Maximus

Most of what you said is pretty feasible to me until you said the team is significantly better than last year's team. More talent left than came in and I don't think there's much of an argument to be made there. Not to pile on to what will be KD's biggest excuse but the team is younger than a team that was terrible last year. I don't see it.

When has the secondary ever stayed healthy for most of the season? One guy goes down and every opposing QB will know where to tear this defense apart.

If CU's D improved by over 3+ points per game despite getting decimated in the back 7, playing a tougher schedule, and lackluster recruiting, our DC would be up for coordinator of the year.
I think true to his personality the Yak is overly optimistic but there are some things he didn't mention.

Our offense last season was epically bad. It was sometimes a victory if they managed to get positive yardage on a possession much less a first down before giving the ball back. We were a 3 and out machine.

OL coaching and offensive coaching should be better this year, it would be hard to be worse. Not even talking scoring points but if the offense can run the ball a little more consistently and maybe sometimes protect the passer we should be looking at fewer 3 and outs and with giving the defense more time to rest and more yards to work with. These two things alone could mean one score fewer per game given up.

Most of what you said is pretty feasible to me until you said the team is significantly better than last year's team. More talent left than came in and I don't think there's much of an argument to be made there. Not to pile on to what will be KD's biggest excuse but the team is younger than a team that was terrible last year. I don't see it.

When has the secondary ever stayed healthy for most of the season? One guy goes down and every opposing QB will know where to tear this defense apart.
I think both can be true, though. I think we lost 6 players who truly mattered from a talent standpoint (Gonzo, Blackmon, Rice, Broussard, Landman and Wells). As I said, I think our front seven is going to be better and deeper, and I think Sneed replaces talent lost with Rice just fine. I'd rather have Broussard here, but he's not a special player who was going to make or break the season, leaving Gonzo and Blackmon as the true net losses, IMO.

So with all that said, we are also likely to have a better QB, better OL and better coaching and playcalling, so yeah, I think while there was a net talent loss, I think this team will be significantly better than they were last year.

I think true to his personality the Yak is overly optimistic but there are some things he didn't mention.

Our offense last season was epically bad. It was sometimes a victory if they managed to get positive yardage on a possession much less a first down before giving the ball back. We were a 3 and out machine.

OL coaching and offensive coaching should be better this year, it would be hard to be worse. Not even talking scoring points but if the offense can run the ball a little more consistently and maybe sometimes protect the passer we should be looking at fewer 3 and outs and with giving the defense more time to rest and more yards to work with. These two things alone could mean one score fewer per game given up.
I think two things can be true. We can get better this year on offense. We were lucky to win 4 last year.

I think two things can be true. We can get better this year on offense. We were lucky to win 4 last year.
Agree with you. This team could be much better on offense and overall and still be a very bad football team.

I think where I'm at is that the offensive performance was such a historically bad showing of complete incompetence along with all the locker room and organizational issues which caused it or were caused by it that I have no idea what this team is capable of.

Was 2021 an accurate representation of what we are and it's a doomsday scenario for the program... of was it an anomalous perfect storm of sh!t which is an outlier you throw out or even look at as a positive due to the chip it put on everyone's shoulder since the season ended?

We'll find out quickly.

Wins 1 vs AFA
Conference 0-9
If they could take an L during the bye week, I'm 100% confident they would.

Offense 10.4 points/game scored
Defense 26.8 points/game allowed

offense leaders - Who cares we suck. CU finishes somewhere above 118 in total offense
Same with D when they finish somewhere in the upper 90s in total D

This season is going to make Embree's 1-11 season look like he should have won coach of the year.

I think both can be true, though. I think we lost 6 players who truly mattered from a talent standpoint (Gonzo, Blackmon, Rice, Broussard, Landman and Wells). As I said, I think our front seven is going to be better and deeper, and I think Sneed replaces talent lost with Rice just fine. I'd rather have Broussard here, but he's not a special player who was going to make or break the season, leaving Gonzo and Blackmon as the true net losses, IMO.

So with all that said, we are also likely to have a better QB, better OL and better coaching and playcalling, so yeah, I think while there was a net talent loss, I think this team will be significantly better than they were last year.
I think Sneed negates Rice. It’s weird to me, but Sneed might be the most productive WR to ever transfer to CU and no one is talking about it. I feel confident Shrout can get him the ball so I’m not worried there.

For me, it boils down to Gonzo and Broussard. CU isn’t replacing those two and weren’t going to. Those are massive loses. I think Reed is going to be a stud and feel like he will be just as productive as Blackmon, if not more. Chandler Semado isn’t Landman but he is a damn good ILB.

This team still has talent in the starting cores. However, they are completely devoid of talent in the second and third strings from what we know. Dorrell seems to think this is his best team with depth. If that is the case, and we will need to see it to believe it, then this team can be better than last years team in wins. Possibly even two more wins

I think Sneed negates Rice. It’s weird to me, but Sneed might be the most productive WR to ever transfer to CU and no one is talking about it. I feel confident Shrout can get him the ball so I’m not worried there.

For me, it boils down to Gonzo and Broussard. CU isn’t replacing those two and weren’t going to. Those are massive loses. I think Reed is going to be a stud and feel like he will be just as productive as Blackmon, if not more. Chandler Semado isn’t Landman but he is a damn good ILB.

This team still has talent in the starting cores. However, they are completely devoid of talent in the second and third strings from what we know. Dorrell seems to think this is his best team with depth. If that is the case, and we will need to see it to believe it, then this team can be better than last years team in wins. Possibly even two more wins
At WR, I like the potential of Sneed, Arias and MLC as our top 3. I think they'll surprise and there are a lot of useful depth pieces behind them.

Really, my big concern is the OL. As we saw last year, no one on offense is productive if you can't block anyone.

At WR, I like the potential of Sneed, Arias and MLC as our top 3. I think they'll surprise and there are a lot of useful depth pieces behind them.

Really, my big concern is the OL. As we saw last year, no one on offense is productive if you can't block anyone.
I think coaching is going to make the biggest difference on the OL. The difference was noticeable between Rod coached OL and a Vlachos coached OL, and Vlachos had never coached the position. If DeVan is even a middling OL coach, it will be an improved unit.

The offense, in general, is such a mystery, though, because there are new coaches at every position and coordinator with the exception of RB, and I think we can all agree they are all upgrades over their predecessors.

39 people have so far guessed 4+ wins. I wonder how many of those 39 would place a four figure+ wager on Buffs OV 3.5 season wins (getting serious plus money).

Line should be O/U 2 people? 3 people?

Back