What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023-24 MBB Season Thread

Da Lama

****ty hot take machine
Club Member
Cody Williams FR
Courtney Anderson FR
Assane Diop FR
RJ Smith FR
Joe Hurlburt SO
Quincy Allen SO
Javon Ruffin SO
KJ Simpson JR
Julian Hammond JR
Lawson Lovering JR
Nique Clifford SR
J'Vonne Hadley SR
Luke O'Brien SR
Tristan DaSilva SR

Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF by First We Feast: Hot Ones

Last edited:
Was just talking to Rumblin', and honest to God... I can't come up with a starting five for next year. My initial thoughts left Clifford on the bench - and he's arguably our best player. The more I think about it, the more I think Clifford and Hadley definitely start. They're bulldogs who play D and rebound and Tad is Tad. Lovering will probably start for size. KJ runs the point. Does Da Silva go to bench? I know I'm lower on him than most, but that still seems crazy. But Williams is gonna be a starter by conference play at the latest.

I'm guessing crunch time will probably be KJ, Clifford, Hadley, Williams, Da Silva and damn...

LOB, Ruffin, Hurlburt/freshman big also get quality minutes. And if Allen puts it together... and Hammond is solid... and.... and... and...

Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

Oh, and NO ONE PLAYS AT UDUB. We are forfeiting that game next year. No one even touches that Godforsaken court. "Whole team has flu" or whatever BS we have to come up with. Hell, don't even fly to Seattle. Just go straight to Pullman and prepare for that game.

Oh, and NO ONE PLAYS AT UDUB. We are forfeiting that game next year. No one even touches that Godforsaken court. "Whole team has flu" or whatever BS we have to come up with. Hell, don't even fly to Seattle. Just go straight to Pullman and prepare for that game.
let's just institute this as a policy for every year.

The fight for minutes at the 2-4 spot will be tough that I am assuming that someone is leaving. Because I hate myself, I will assume that person is Clifford. With that in mind, my lineup is:

KJ
Hadley
Williams
Da Silva
Lovering

BENCH:
Hammond
Ruffin
O'brien
Allen
Hurlburt/Diop

Smith and Anderson will have a hard time finding minutes

The best part?

Someone that we're not even discussing is going to absolutely blow up next offseason and make us all look dumb.

Ideal scenario:

Instead of the football team let's have two basketball teams. Both teams play in the PAC, one replaces USC leaving. UCLA ends up staying.

Team 1:
KJ
Clifford
Williams
LOB
Lovering

Bench
Anderson
DIOP??

Coaches: Rohn, Ray, and Evan Battey

Team 2:
Hammond
Hadley
Ruffin
Allen
TDS

Bench
Hurlburt
Smith

Coaches: Tad, Grier, and Nate Tomlinson

Crazy thing is these teams would both have a chance to make the tourney independently. Both are also more talented than half of Tad's roster's he's had at CU.

Last edited:
Fantastic new! I just had a very uncomfortable dental procedure, with lots of novocaine and drilling. If we can get another 5 star, sign me up for the next one!

The fight for minutes at the 2-4 spot will be tough that I am assuming that someone is leaving. Because I hate myself, I will assume that person is Clifford. With that in mind, my lineup is:

KJ
Hadley
Williams
Da Silva
Lovering

BENCH:
Hammond
Ruffin
O'brien
Allen
Hurlburt/Diop

Anderson will end up being an absolute STEAL. Just wait.

KJ
Hadley
Williams
Da Silva
Lovering

BENCH:
Hammond
Ruffin
O'brien
Allen
Hurlburt/Diop

I would prefer it be LOB who transfers. Still not seeing it with him. Don’t need him hanging out on the wings every trip down the floor like he does with that roster.

I would prefer it be LOB who transfers. Still not seeing it with him. Don’t need him hanging out on the wings every trip down the floor like he does with that roster.
That's his job. Space the floor and be ready to shoot or hit an open guy if the ball kicks to him. Then crash the glass but get back on defense.

I love glue guys and I love the scrappy, energy guys who star in their role without worrying about their stats. LOB is one of my favorite players even though if he ever leads a game in offensive usage something went drastically wrong.

Nothing about my post indicates that I prefer Clifford be the one who transfers. If I had my druthers, it would be RJ Smith who transferred, but that's because we haven't seen him yet

I'm as excited as anyone and love the way fan interest is increasing for hoops.

Just a word about managing expectations. The best gauges for how the program is doing would be regular season Q1/Q2 record and conference record. NCAA Tournament is what we dream of and a deep run would be amazing. But it's such a crap shoot.

Look at Purdue last year. Beat Nova, UNC, FSU, NCST & Butler in the non-con. Went 16-4 in the B1G. Veteran team that had the biggest front court in the country, an elite wing to create his own shot (#5 NBA pick), and 3pt shooters all over the place. They lost to St. Peter's in a Sweet 16 game.

The level I want to see is 25+ win seasons become the norm even as schedule strength improves. If we get to that, the Dance run years will come but they're not the measure of the program.

Every team needs a guy like that on the court at all times IMO. Hell, in the league, every team see to have two or three guys whose job on offense it to hang out in the perimeter for open three attempts and keep the ball moving otherwise.

Assane Diop declaring at 4:30 today....along with his teammate...will they both go to Arkansas? Or will Diop pick CU?

Back