What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Allbuffs CFB gambling thread

ahoelsken

Thought it might be fun to have a thread where we can talk just this-spreads or over/unders anyone likes specific to CFB......

I have BYU getting 5.5 and an under of 47 against Utah Thursday and Georgia Tech getting 36 (LOL) and the over of 60 off Bovada at Clemson-Clemson's going to blow them out, but that number is too large to not jump on. Feels like a 49-17 type of game.

I like Utah -5.5. I know these games have always been close over the years, but I see Utah winning by more than a TD.

Here were my final win total over under bets this year.
Notre dame over 9
Iowa over 7.5
Oklahoma State over 7.5
Stanford over 6.5
TCU over 7.5
Utah over 9
Virginia over 7.5

Someone recommend a good site to use. I've never been into betting but wouldn't mind trying it a few times this year.

ECU over 4.5 is my heavy season win total.

Do y’all handicap? I don’t.

I just follow others. Try to triangulate consensus. Size of bet reflects degree of consensus and strength of thesis from likes of Bear, Stanford Steve, Colin, Kezerian, Murray. VISN, Steele, etc.

Good luck to all.

Taking Auburn -3.5 over Oregon. Auburn DL is too legit to quit....highlighter bling-bling not enough to overcome spread.

ECU over 4.5 is my heavy season win total.

Do y’all handicap? I don’t.

I just follow others. Try to triangulate consensus. Size of bet reflects degree of consensus and strength of thesis from likes of Bear, Stanford Steve, Colin, Kezerian, Murray. VISN, Steele, etc.

Good luck to all.
I tried a few handicapers like 8 years ago. I didn't really gamble enough in terms of games and money for handicapping to be worth it.

Going to try and parlay TX State with Kent State and the unders in both those games if Bovada lets me.

I have .. Georgia Tech getting 36 (LOL) and the over of 60 off Bovada at Clemson-Clemson's going to blow them out, but that number is too large to not jump on. Feels like a 49-17 type of game.

GT is moving away from the option offense with a new coaching staff. I'd be shocked if they score a single point against Clemson in their first game.

GT is moving away from the option offense with a new coaching staff. I'd be shocked if they score a single point against Clemson in their first game.

I think Clemson's backups play at least a quarter and a half-GT will get some garbage points is my hunch. They've got two of their three toughest games on the 7th and 14th. We'll see though.

Here were my final win total over under bets this year.
Notre dame over 9
Iowa over 7.5
Oklahoma State over 7.5
Stanford over 6.5
TCU over 7.5
Utah over 9
Virginia over 7.5

UVA on the over seems like a good bet. If you assume they lose @ND and @Miami, that leaves @Pitt, FSU, Duke, and VT as toss-up games you have to like their chances at getting to 8 wins. Was listening to Packer on the way home and he was talking to someone from ACCN and pointing out how UVA has yet to win at Pitt so a win this Saturday would be a great start.

No way ND gets to 10 wins. They lose Dexter Williams, have suffered some injuries/suspensions at WR/TE, and have zero experience behind Ian Book. They managed to survive a few close calls last season and this year the schedule is significantly tougher.

I think Clemson's backups play at least a quarter and a half-GT will get some garbage points is my hunch. They've got two of their three toughest games on the 7th and 14th. We'll see though.

Clemson plays a lot of their backups regardless of score.

Anybody have a feel on Wisconsin-South Florida? Thinking about parlaying that with our game Friday.
Wisconsin is favored by 13.5. I don't know much about South Florida and how they project, but playing in Florida in late August seems similarly tough as to what the Buffs will be facing in Tempe, except it's supposed to also be rainy. Wisconsin wins, IMO, but could see it being low scoring

Wisconsin is favored by 13.5. I don't know much about South Florida and how they project, but playing in Florida in late August seems similarly tough as to what the Buffs will be facing in Tempe, except it's supposed to also be rainy. Wisconsin wins, IMO, but could see it being low scoring
I think most are projecting USF to be a middling AAC team.

Wisconsin isn't that much less hot and humid in the summer than South Florida.

Anybody have a feel on Wisconsin-South Florida? Thinking about parlaying that with our game Friday.
Lay points at/below 13.5. USF spiraled late. Won’t be able to stop Taylor. Wisconsin using advanced hydration techniques in prep for game. (Preston from Daily Wager). I bet it.

Back