What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Best Locations to Receive “Go Buffs” Yells

Disney World 2x -
1x at Animal Kingdom when I was wearing a Buffs t-shirt (pretty sure FlaBuff fits the profile of the man who yelled it at me)

1x at Epcot Center when my brother & I were both wearing Buff ponchos running through a typical Orlando downpour. Two women chased us down just to say "Go Buffs". It was pretty awesome.
I’m at WDW all the time. Always yell Sko Buffs or say it if we are close together.

the airport.

but I sometimes forget which teams' gear I'm wearing. I gave a "Go Buffs" to a guy in a CU hat and got a weird look back, later realizing I was wearing a VT shirt.
This works well, if employed correctly. Observe.

I was sitting on a plane (in Buff gear, as is my custom) in the fall of 2018, not long after we won in Lincoln. A large dude in a husker polo comes walking down the aisle. I say, "Go Big Red" and when he turns to respond, he sees my Buff polo and the smile he is starting to reveal, immediately becomes a mixture of embarrassment/shame/self-loathing, as he averted his gaze and stared at his shoes. I had a very enjoyable flight.

This works well, if employed correctly. Observe.

I was sitting on a plane (in Buff gear, as is my custom) in the fall of 2018, not long after we won in Lincoln. A large dude in a ****er polo comes walking down the aisle. I say, "Go Big Red" and when he turns to respond, he sees my Buff polo and the smile he is starting to reveal, immediately becomes a mixture of embarrassment/shame/self-loathing, as he averted his gaze and stared at his shoes. I had a very enjoyable flight.
I think I'd have a "Liar, Liar" episode just trying to get those three words out of my mouth. Couldn't do it. Seeing self-loathing by a nub fan is delightful, nonetheless.

You won’t believe it, but my mom grew up there (was born in McGill). This is the first time I have ever heard anyone reference Ely 👍🏼
I watched this last Superbowl in Ely while driving from Snowbird to Mammoth. The sign on the door of the bar said "don't even ask us to put NBA on TV, the answer is NO" and I still think, and laugh, about that. The bar was awesome though, can't remember the name.

When I used to do a lot of business travel, I always wore some Buff gear on airplanes and in and out of airports. So on many of those occasions someone would yell Go Buffs! at me. But the oddest location was on the island of St. Lucia. The wife and I went into a grocery store, and one of the cashiers was wearing a Buffs T-shirt. So I gave her a Go Buffs shout out, and she returned the favor.
St. Lucia. Sick.

More of a reverse “go buffs” - we just had a winging and one of the students’ dad was a Marine 3-star General. They sent me his bio prior and I saw that he went to CU so at the end of my speech I gave a “GO BUFFS!” Afterward, he and his wife came up and asked if that was because of CU. Good chat - he was a Fairbanks era guy.

Costa Rica might as well be Super-south Boulder with as many people I see here sporting Buffs gear.
Best Story:

2am, between Christmas and New Year 2013: my brother and I are in a Tuk Tuk cab coming back from a turtle nesting tour outside of Tamarindo. My wife calls to find out when we’ll be back. My ring tone is the CU fight song and the cab driver starts singing along. We joined in and ended with a hearty round of “**** ‘EM UP, ****’EM UP, GO CU!”

Costa Rica might as well be Super-south Boulder with as many people I see here sporting Buffs gear.
Best Story:

2am, between Christmas and New Year 2013: my brother and I are in a Tuk Tuk cab coming back from a turtle nesting tour outside of Tamarindo. My wife calls to find out when we’ll be back. My ring tone is the CU fight song and the cab driver starts singing along. We joined in and ended with a hearty round of “**** ‘EM UP, ****’EM UP, GO CU!”
Nothing from nothing, but the taco of the month at Torchy’s is the Tuk Tuk, and it’s really tasty. Recommend.

Nearly every time I ride on the Newport Beach bike path, I'll get a "Go Buffs!" from someone. There are a lot of Colorado grads in OC.
Yeah. Tons of Buffs in SoCal. Just think if we were half way decent with our football program. Alums would come out of the woodwork. Would be a beautiful site.

I got a lot of “Go Buffs!” on the walk back from to my car in Lincoln after the game in 2018.
The most recent one was back in September, when my wife and I were in Manitou. A girl working in a candy shop said it, because of my sweatshirt. After seeing all the AFA and CSEWE merch at the Safeway, that we stopped at when getting into the area, I made sure to wear my Buffs sweatshirt out of spite!

Just got a sly “Go Buffs” from a hot young lady as I sat outside the local coffee shop sipping my coffee. 👍

No “DILF!” though. 👎

Attachments

• DB320E21-3495-4142-9948-605B849D0240.jpeg
    DB320E21-3495-4142-9948-605B849D0240.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back