What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Best Locations to Receive “Go Buffs” Yells

Go Buffs

I sure miss Dallas and Idot Buff
Club Member
Mine are not great, but in Santa Barbara this week, and had a guy scream “Go Buffs” in a crowded restaurant when he saw my Buffs hat. Had a similar experience waiting for a rental car in PHX last year. Makes me feel happy when it happens 😃

Last edited:
Disney World 2x -
1x at Animal Kingdom when I was wearing a Buffs t-shirt (pretty sure FlaBuff fits the profile of the man who yelled it at me)

1x at Epcot Center when my brother & I were both wearing Buff ponchos running through a typical Orlando downpour. Two women chased us down just to say "Go Buffs". It was pretty awesome.

I always yell "GO BUFFS" anywhere, anytime to anyone wearing Buff gear... just did this in an elevator in San Diego about a week ago to a guy wearing a Buff shirt.
The weird part is been doing this for years and I always get the same reaction. A dumb founded look with no reply, ever... It's like they got the shirt and wear it but don't understand....

damn Buff fans.

I always yell "GO BUFFS" anywhere, anytime to anyone wearing Buff gear... just did this in an elevator in San Diego about a week ago to a guy wearing a Buff shirt.
The weird part is been doing this for years and I always get the same reaction. A dumb founded look with no reply, ever... It's like they got the shirt and wear it but don't understand....

damn Buff fans.
I do the same. And actually, SD is one of the places I've gotten the most "Go Buffs" responses. But I had a similar experience to yours a few weeks ago. I was in Central Market in Houston and saw an older (~70-ish) Asian woman wearing a CU shirt. In one of the few times I'm not wearing CU gear, I catch her eye and say, "nice shirt! Go Buffs!". She basically stares blankly at me. Not sure if there was a language barrier or if she just thought I was nuts. Maybe both. To make up for it, the following week I had random guy give me a Go Buffs in that same grocery store when I was wearing a CU shirt.

Disney World 2x -
1x at Animal Kingdom when I was wearing a Buffs t-shirt (pretty sure FlaBuff fits the profile of the man who yelled it at me)

1x at Epcot Center when my brother & I were both wearing Buff ponchos running through a typical Orlando downpour. Two women chased us down just to say "Go Buffs". It was pretty awesome.
I agree, all the Orlando parks are good for it. It may have been me, I haven’t been in a couple of years (edit-2018) but we used to have annual passes and I’d always try to rock some Buffs gear.
36F65EF9-94BB-44B1-8CA6-364961496743.jpeg

I do the same. And actually, SD is one of the places I've gotten the most "Go Buffs" responses. But I had a similar experience to yours a few weeks ago. I was in Central Market in Houston and saw an older (~70-ish) Asian woman wearing a CU shirt. In one of the few times I'm not wearing CU gear, I catch her eye and say, "nice shirt! Go Buffs!". She basically stares blankly at me. Not sure if there was a language barrier or if she just thought I was nuts. Maybe both. To make up for it, the following week I had random guy give me a Go Buffs in that same grocery store when I was wearing a CU shirt.
No. She thought you were nuts.

Got one 2 weeks ago while wearing a polo in Fort Dix, NJ.
Was from a Navy reservist who graduated from Navy ROTC in '96.

I'll admit that I sometimes forget I'm wearing CU gear, and I'll be focusing on whatever problem of the day in my head - then someone shouts "go Buffs!" at me. My first inclination in that situation is, in fact, confusion. My next reaction is an internal "well, yeah, go Buffs." And, however long later, I realize that I'm wearing a shirt or hat and then I finally realize what's going on.

If I haven't missed the moment, I'll return a "go buffs!" - but if it's a quick passing and I've missed the moment, then yeah, "I shouted 'go buffs!' and all I got was a confused look," could very well be me you were shouting it too.

But, to answer the initial post, the best place I've gotten a "Go Buffs" so far was on La Rambla in Barcelona.

When I used to do a lot of business travel, I always wore some Buff gear on airplanes and in and out of airports. So on many of those occasions someone would yell Go Buffs! at me. But the oddest location was on the island of St. Lucia. The wife and I went into a grocery store, and one of the cashiers was wearing a Buffs T-shirt. So I gave her a Go Buffs shout out, and she returned the favor.

I was (slowly) riding my bike on a Tour de France mountain top finish stage in the Pyrenees, several hours ahead of the peloton, with my CU jersey on. Heard at least two Go Buffs from the crowd lining the course. That was so cool, including riding under all the banners as I approached the finish line.

Was in Myrtle Beach at the Marriott Ocean View and a kid sees me with my CU hat and Shirt and comes up and say Go Buffs! He was a junior at CU as an Mechanical Engineering student. Wanted to hear about when I went to CU and to tell me why he loved it. Pretty cool experience

Back