What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Season Thread

it is 1PM eastern and noon central time. That isn't bad at all and especially trading a Monday night game for a Saturday game where you still aren't competing against another game.
As I’ve said, that’s too many marquee games in a row for the casual fan and networks know it. I don’t understand why you think Monday night games suck.

As I’ve said, that’s too many marquee games in a row for the casual fan and networks know it. I don’t understand why you think Monday night games suck.
So marquee games all day on New Years are okay but on divisional weekend it is too much?

Because no one really wants to do anything on Monday night, they just sit and watch it at home. Super Bowl parties are awesome and I wish I could do the same thing for college football since it is by far my favorite sport.

I don't care if it is the national championship game. College football against playoff NFL football is going to be a ratings failure.

So marquee games all day on New Years are okay but on divisional weekend it is too much?

Because no one really wants to do anything on Monday night, they just sit and watch it at home. Super Bowl parties are awesome and I wish I could do the same thing for college football since it is by far my favorite sport.
And NFL Divisional ratings blow the NY Day games out of the water because 1. It’s the nfl, but 2. Because they aren’t stupidly putting them in ****ty time slots, on the same day as other big games. They make them the only thing going on and make it extremely easy for people to watch.

And as you said, everyone is WATCHING the national championship game on Monday Night. There’s your answer.

And NFL Divisional ratings blow the NY Day games out of the water because 1. It’s the nfl, but 2. Because they aren’t stupidly putting them in ****ty time slots, on the same day as other big games. They make them the only thing going on and make it extremely easy for people to watch.

And as you said, everyone is WATCHING the national championship game on Monday Night. There’s your answer.
Okay well I don't think it is a ****ty time slot. The Big-12 championship usually gets a rating around 6, the AAC usually around 2, both of those being at 1 eastern, and the SEC championship usually gets around an 8 starting at 3 eastern. Last years championship drew a 13.9. It doesn't seem that unreasonable to be able to increase your rating for a championship game from 8 to 14 with it being the national championship.

I hate watch parties. I wanna watch game, hear announcers, follow Twitter, follow betting. Will likely have All 22 or Coaches Roundtable on computer tonight while watching Herbie and Chris on TV. I might even post to AllBuffs. Plus I get to drink my Old Fashion the way I like it. Just me.

Okay well I don't think it is a ****ty time slot. The Big-12 championship usually gets a rating around 6, the AAC usually around 2, both of those being at 1 eastern, and the SEC championship usually gets around an 8 starting at 3 eastern. Last years championship drew a 13.9. It doesn't seem that unreasonable to be able to increase your rating for a championship game from 8 to 14 with it being the national championship.

I think it's funny that you don't think they have researched this. Monday nights are clearly the best option. That is why they play the basketball championship on Monday as well.

I think it's funny that you don't think they have researched this. Monday nights are clearly the best option. That is why they play the basketball championship on Monday as well.
They play the basketball on a Monday because they have the final four on a Saturday.

I hate watch parties. I wanna watch game, hear announcers, follow Twitter, follow betting. Will likely have All 22 or Coaches Roundtable on computer tonight while watching Herbie and Chris on TV. I might even post to AllBuffs. Plus I get to drink my Old Fashion the way I like it. Just me.
Word up. I may need to be drunk in order to deal with the stress of a close call.

Why y’all do ML bet, in addition to several spreads? Value?
Yes. Clemson getting +200 in a game where we think they are closer to a super small dog/coin flip (-110 to +110 ML range) is insanity. Can’t pass it up in a world where we have several scenarios when they win going away.

Yes. Clemson getting +200 in a game where we think they are closer to a super small dog/coin flip (-110 to +110 ML range) is insanity. Can’t pass it up in a world where we have several scenarios when they win going away.
I have several months worth of paychecks bet in a game involving these dudes. Glad it’s not for 90s trivia...

Clemson wins; 20 percent
Clemson covers: 40 percent
Clemson loses by 6-10: 20 percent
Clemsons gets thumped by double digits: 20 percent

Just throwing numbers around. That probably deserves a ML pick.

Clemson wins; 20 percent
Clemson covers: 40 percent
Clemson loses by 6-10: 20 percent
Clemsons gets thumped by double digits: 20 percent

Just throwing numbers around. That probably deserves a ML pick.
They were also 6 point dogs last year to Bama. Just sayin...

Back