What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Season Thread

Can’t compete against NFL Playoffs. Neither sport wants that

Play the game at 4pm on a Saturday and try to get the NFL to work with them and put their playoff games at 12:30 and 8. A tripleheader of playoff/championship football would be phenomenal.

Play the game at 4pm on a Saturday and try to get the NFL to work with them and put their playoff games at 12:30 and 8. A tripleheader of playoff/championship football would be phenomenal.
I think you run the risk of people being forced to pick and choose which games they watch in that scenario. Very few people are sitting down for close to 11-12 straight hours

I think you run the risk of people being forced to pick and choose which games they watch in that scenario. Very few people are sitting down for close to 11-12 straight hours

I think the college football national championship game should just play their game at 4pm and go up against a playoff game and maybe this will force the NFL's hand. Even going up against an NFL game I would still think they'd get more viewers for the full 3.5 hours than they do on Monday night.

I think the college football national championship game should just play their game at 4pm and go up against a playoff game and maybe this will force the NFL's hand. Even going up against an NFL game I would still think they'd get more viewers for the full 3.5 hours than they do on Monday night.
Nah. I know you live is college football country but even college football is no match for the NFL man. NFL is king. College doesn’t want that smoke

Nah. I know you live is college football country but even college football is no match for the NFL man. NFL is king. College doesn’t want that smoke

Also to your point, college football probably wants the day all to themselves. Then play it on a Friday night. Although Friday and Saturday nights apparently aren't good TV viewership nights yet those are the nights where I watch the most. Guess I'm just old lol.

Also to your point, college football probably wants the day all to themselves. Then play it on a Friday night. Although Friday and Saturday nights apparently aren't good TV viewership nights yet those are the nights where I watch the most. Guess I'm just old lol.
Ha yeah I think Monday night is actually a great slot for them. I like the current set up

I prefer Monday night actually, I don’t want to sit on my couch all day all weekend, I have things to do. I can go to work and come home and the game starts at a good time

The nfl and networks are geared for about 12 straight hours on super sunday. New years day runs about that as well.

There are people who will do it.

The nfl and networks are geared for about 12 straight hours on super sunday. New years day runs about that as well.

There are people who will do it.
Yeah but not for marquee games for both sports. People make NFL playoffs an event and college isn’t going to just mix their biggest game of the year in between two of those games.

Yeah but not for marquee games for both sports. People make NFL playoffs an event and college isn’t going to just mix their biggest game of the year in between two of those games.

And I'm not sure I'd want a pro-college-pro viewing day, myself. I think are folks out there who would couch-potato a football day like that, regardless of the mix.

Why can't they just do the normal 11am and 2:30 PM NFL games and then have the national championship game at 6:15? Monday night games suck.
Because despite the fact that the NCAA provides the NFL with a free development system for players and coaches the NFL is greedy to the point that they don't want to share the spotlight with anyone, even for one day per year.

When has the NFL ever made a decision that was to the benefit of the colleges or really anyone other than the NFL?

Because despite the fact that the NCAA provides the NFL with a free development system for players and coaches the NFL is greedy to the point that they don't want to share the spotlight with anyone, even for one day per year.

When has the NFL ever made a decision that was to the benefit of the colleges or really anyone other than the NFL?
There are 3 slots on Saturday so even if they are greedy they can pick whichever slots they want.

It is not an NFL decision, it is a network decision. They play the game when they can maximize eyeballs. Let the whiners whine, they whine about most everything else as well (not you MTN).

There are 3 slots on Saturday so even if they are greedy they can pick whichever slots they want.
They want those two Saturdays to be NFL days. They aren't just concerned about having the full attention of the public for the games. They want fans watching the pre-, post-, and between game shows as well. The networks pay them a lot of money for the rights to all of these and they want no competition.

Why can't they just do the normal 11am and 2:30 PM NFL games and then have the national championship game at 6:15? Monday night games suck.
Because these NFL games aren’t Miami vs NY in week 5. They are the marquee games of the entire season to that point. They want prime time slots and 11am MT isn’t it. I’ve also stated that casual football fans aren’t sitting down and watching football for 10+ hours in one day. Networks know what they’re doing.

They want those two Saturdays to be NFL days. They aren't just concerned about having the full attention of the public for the games. They want fans watching the pre-, post-, and between game shows as well. The networks pay them a lot of money for the rights to all of these and they want no competition.
Okay and CFB shouldn't care about that at all. Whichever slot they aren't using should be used for the championship. There is nothing wrong with having the national championship at 1:00pm Eastern on Saturday with the two NFL games after.

Because these NFL games aren’t Miami vs NY in week 5. They are the marquee games of the entire season to that point. They want prime time slots and 11am MT isn’t it. I’ve also stated that casual football fans aren’t sitting down and watching football for 10+ hours in one day. Networks know what they’re doing.
1 PM eastern for a national championship game is fine.

Because it’s 11am? 10am PT... that is anot a prime time slot. This is the dumbest argument I’ve ever heard
it is 1PM eastern and noon central time. That isn't bad at all and especially trading a Monday night game for a Saturday game where you still aren't competing against another game.

Back