What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Since we have more than some slow blinkers around here. I said Vegas is usually right about who is going to WIN. Especially a 10 point favorite. OBVIOUSLY the spread will be closer to 50/50. Also giving a couple examples of where Vegas is wrong when there’s been millions of games played does nothing for your argument. I’ve never seen so many people misquote, partially quote and throw out context of what someone is actually saying as much as this group right here lol. I’m gonna have to start calling you folks the Puff-a-LOTS..:cool:

Puff-a-lots - is that what they call Husker players that walk after being picked up with the devil’s lettuce?

The game tape excuse is obviously overrated as you guys were a bad team last year that beat us when we (and you) had no idea what we were doing. Martinez’s elite improv ability kept us in it. Our O-line was bad for our entire first half of the season. We just so happened to have a pathetic back half of the season and a coach get fired the year before, just like you. We made big gains in the weight room that off-season too, just like you guys this year. There are some glaring similarities.

You guys will probably get better than you’ll do this season. Your ceiling is definitely a big question mark. But your expectations should be greatly humbled with an extremely inexperienced staff (more than ours was) and different schemes. I don’t expect you guys to watch Nebraska games, but it was a pretty obvious upward trajectory not only to husker fans but to most everyone else as well. We looked like a different team toward the end of the season. Considering the circumstances in this year’s game, the odds are literally not in your favor. Smart money goes with the Skers, with a chance that it could get ugly. Adrian balls out. Shenault will get his I’m sure, but our secondary grew up a bit from last year and we have an all-conference receiver of our own going against a worse secondary. Our D-line grew up A LOT and will dominate a sub-par O-line. O line lost some not so talented seniors and has some big time dudes stepping in. I expect them to do well enough providing they’re not too preoccupied with taking Jacob Callier’s head off. HuskersRollllll!!!

Since we have more than some slow blinkers around here. I said Vegas is usually right about who is going to WIN. Especially a 10 point favorite. OBVIOUSLY the spread will be closer to 50/50. Also giving a couple examples of where Vegas is wrong when there’s been millions of games played does nothing for your argument. I’ve never seen so many people misquote, partially quote and throw out context of what someone is actually saying as much as this group right here lol. I’m gonna have to start calling you folks the Puff-a-LOTS..:cool:
Golly gee look at the dumb ass fusker who can’t take facts thrown in their face. You like the rest of Nebraska fans have manure for your brain. Your huskers are going down hard, that is if they are not preoccupied for trying to take out the guy that hit Winfree out of bounds.

Last edited:
The game tape excuse is obviously overrated as you guys were a bad team last year that beat us when we (and you) had no idea what we were doing. Martinez’s elite improv ability kept us in it. Our O-line was bad for our entire first half of the season. We just so happened to have a pathetic back half of the season and a coach get fired the year before, just like you. We made big gains in the weight room that off-season too, just like you guys this year. There are some glaring similarities.

You guys will probably get better than you’ll do this season. Your ceiling is definitely a big question mark. But your expectations should be greatly humbled with an extremely inexperienced staff (more than ours was) and different schemes. I don’t expect you guys to watch Nebraska games, but it was a pretty obvious upward trajectory not only to husker fans but to most everyone else as well. We looked like a different team toward the end of the season. Considering the circumstances in this year’s game, the odds are literally not in your favor. Smart money goes with the Skers, with a chance that it could get ugly. Adrian balls out. Shenault will get his I’m sure, but our secondary grew up a bit from last year and we have an all-conference receiver of our own going against a worse secondary. Our D-line grew up A LOT and will dominate a sub-par O-line. O line lost some not so talented seniors and has some big time dudes stepping in. I expect them to do well enough providing they’re not too preoccupied with taking Jacob Callier’s head off. HuskersRollllll!!!
It's going to be embarrassing if you lose again, huh?

Bored at work, so I'm gonna type out my favorite nebraskuh joke, and I'd love to hear all of yours:

It's graduation day at the University of Nebraska and the big red faithful are excited to watch star football player Bubba Jones graduate after a 4-year playing career. The only problem is that Bubba is spotted in the crowd, not on stage, and without a cap and gown. As the dean reads off all of the graduate's names, the crowd grows restless as they realize Bubba isn't going to be able to graduate. They start chanting "Let Bubba Graduate! Let Bubba Graduate!"

Quickly, the dean steps up to the microphone and quiets the crowd. "Alright, alright. Bubba didn't make the grades this year. He can't graduate"

The crowd boos the dean relentlessly. They start throwing objects at the stage.

The dean, realizing he has to do something about this situation pokes his head up from the podium, "Ok, ok. How about a compromise?"

The dean continues "How about, since Bubba has given so much to this university, by way of the football program, of course, I ask Bubba one math question and if he answers it correctly, I will personally change Bubba's grades and make sure he can graduate, deal?"

The crowd reluctantly quiets as they realize this might be Bubba's best shot at graduating.

The dean turns to Bubba and asks him this question, "Bubba, what is 9 * 9?"

Bubba pauses, thinks it over, scratches out some numbers on the palm of his hand, and finally leans into the microphone and says, "81."

Before the dean can say or do anything, the crowd starts chanting "Give Him Another Chance! Give Him Another Chance!"

.....and we have an all-conference receiver of our own going against a worse secondary.

Well, I'm one of the Buff fans who DVR'd and watched every Nub game and I mostly agree except for a key point I kept above in your quote:

Our secondary isn't going to be worse than last year. We literally played 2 CBs right out of Juco (who both return) and 2 others who couldn't make a dent this year (one transferred out without resistance and the other is trying to make it as a safety). We did lose a couple safeties to graduation, but they really struggled. We replace one with a guy with a bunch of starts at SMU (and who played well there, which is a big jump up over who he replaced) and some guys who were pushing for (and getting) PT last year in Rakestraw and Maddox. I remember Rakestraw making a play late in Lincoln in fact. He's still a backup. We had two guys transfer out after Spring who played big roles vs NU last year, and they transferred as they weren't going to see the field much. You might also note that Callier probably isn't going to see a lot of PT, again a sign of improved top line talent.

Our DB depth can be questioned (as it was in '18), but I don't think there's any question that we start this season ahead of '18 at the DB position. While it continues to be a concern, calling it a "worse secondary" is setting yourself up for disappointment. We will be improved there.

Lets take this guys claims one at a time.

1. Inexperience of the CU staff. The offensive coordinator has been an o coordinator before, so has the WR coach, so has the o line coach. The head coach has been a head coach in the NFL before....enough of the CU has inexperienced staff crap. Just not true.

2. Nebraska was on an upward trajectory last year - Can't deny this. They clearly improved late in the year from how they looked in the middle of the year.

3. Smart money on the 'Skers' - No, actually smart money will bring the line down down down as the game gets closer. Vegas set the line fully intending to take advantage of Mr. Dopey skewers fans. Every Vegas bookie knows that skewered fan is vulnerable to pre-season hype and they will take advantage of this. The smart money will cause the line to drop. Expect the biggest drop the Monday after week 1.

4. Adrian balls out - Don't get me wrong Mr. glass legs is a talented QB. However, CU stopped him when they had no film on him showing his abilities. You can bet that CU will do even better now that they have film to watch. Glass legs will still get his because he is talented, but he won't do as well as last year.

5. CU has a sub-par o-line - Without question, the last two years, CU had a horrible offensive line. However, thanks to attitude, experience and an OkieState grad transfer this offensive line will be better. To be honest, CU's o line lost the battle to the Nebraska d line last year and CU still won. This year the best Nebraska can hope for is a draw in this battle. Which spells doom for the skewered secondary.

6. Nebraska o line lost seniors but will be better - The part about losing experienced seniors is factual. It was these same seniors that played so much better at the end of last year that allowed the skewers to get better as a football team. Young or mostly new o-lines always spell trouble in college football, particularly the first handful of games of the year. CU's d-line starters will win this battle handily. If CU played the skewers late in the year, things would be different. The skewer crew would have gained experience and CU's depth issues would show up...but second game of the year means there will be corn for the Buffs to feed on.

7. Nebraska d backs grew up a lot - I am sure they did...but just like they've grown, so have the Buffs. This will be compounded by the fact that CU's QB will have time to throw the ball. Skewered dbacks get burned to a crisp and by far more players this year than last. Lucky for the skewers that they won't see a WR group this good the remainder of the season.

8. CU has a worse secondary than last year - Anyone who watched CU last year knows this is almost impossible. CU's secondary was as bad as it could get last year. Yet the vaunted skewered WR group didn't take advantage of it. This year CU has MANY changes. Because of those changes we can expect the skewers to get some yards on the CU secondary, but not because CU's secondary is worse. Also, plan on Abrams shutting down the skewered 'all conference' WR. Its the other skewered guys that will make some hay. However, thanks to the CU d line and outside backers bringing the pressure on glass legs, the skewer WR group won't get the yards that they could.

9. Nebraska o-line takes Callier's head off- Callier isn't a starter for the Buffs but he will get time....time when the young skewered o line is getting tired...and because of this, you can expect to see him make a couple perfect twisting form tackle sacks of glass legs again.

Bottom line is that you can expect a lot of points this year in Boulder. Don't be too shocked when the Buffs hang another 63 points on the skewered crew.

You don't realize how bad CU has been on the road as a member of the Pac-12 save for 2016. Here are the facts:

Since CU joined the Pac-12, the Buffs have won four games on the road save for 2016 where the Buffs won three road games in conference play. Eight road wins since 2011. Out of 42 road games for a 0.19 winning percentage.

CU, an 0.19 team on the road found a way to win in Lincoln without game tape of Nebraska's players. This year with a new coaching staff, CU will be coming off its first game along with Nebraska and both will have game tapes of each other.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect CU to win this game.

1. Inexperience of the CU staff. The offensive coordinator has been an o coordinator before, so has the WR coach, so has the o line coach. The head coach has been a head coach in the NFL before[insert punctuation here].enough of the CU has inexperienced staff crap. Just not true.

2. Nebraska was on an upward trajectory last year - Can't deny this. They clearly improved late in the year from how they looked in the middle of the year.

3. Smart money on the 'Skers' - No, actually smart money will bring the line down down down as the game gets closer. Vegas set the line fully intending to take advantage of Mr. Dopey skewers fans. Every Vegas bookie knows that skewered fan is vulnerable to pre-season hype and they will take advantage of this. The smart money will cause the line to drop. Expect the biggest drop the Monday after week 1.

4. Adrian balls out - Don't get me wrong Mr. glass legs is a talented QB. However, CU stopped him when they had no film on him showing his abilities. You can bet that CU will do even better now that they have film to watch. Glass legs will still get his because he is talented, but he won't do as well as last year.

5. CU has a sub-par o-line - Without question, the last two years, CU had a horrible offensive line. However, thanks to attitude, experience and an OkieState grad transfer this offensive line will be better. To be honest, CU's o line lost the battle to the Nebraska d line last year and CU still won. This year the best Nebraska can hope for is a draw in this battle. Which spells doom for the skewered secondary.

6. Nebraska o line lost seniors but will be better - The part about losing experienced seniors is factual. It was these same seniors that played so much better at the end of last year that allowed the skewers to get better as a football team. Young or mostly new o-lines always spell trouble in college football, particularly the first handful of games of the year. CU's d-line starters will win this battle handily. If CU played the skewers late in the year, things would be different. The skewer crew would have gained experience and CU's depth issues would show up[insert punctuation here]but second game of the year means there will be corn for the Buffs to feed on.

7. Nebraska d backs grew up a lot - I am sure they did[insert punctuation here]but just like they've grown, so have the Buffs. This will be compounded by the fact that CU's QB will have time to throw the ball. Skewered dbacks get burned to a crisp and by far more players this year than last. Lucky for the skewers that they won't see a WR group this good the remainder of the season.

8. CU has a worse secondary than last year - Anyone who watched CU last year knows this is almost impossible. CU's secondary was as bad as it could get last year. Yet the vaunted skewered WR group didn't take advantage of it. This year CU has MANY changes. Because of those changes we can expect the skewers to get some yards on the CU secondary, but not because CU's secondary is worse. Also, plan on Abrams shutting down the skewered 'all conference' WR. Its the other skewered guys that will make some hay. However, thanks to the CU d line and outside backers bringing the pressure on glass legs, the skewer WR group won't get the yards that they could.

9. Nebraska o-line takes Callier's head off- Callier isn't a starter for the Buffs but he will get time[insert punctuation here].time when the young skewered o line is getting tired[insert punctuation here]and because of this, you can expect to see him make a couple perfect twisting form tackle sacks of glass legs again.

Bottom line is that you can expect a lot of points this year in Boulder. Don't be too shocked when the Buffs hang another 63 points on the skewered crew.

Bingo! Well said!
The fact of the matter is the fusker is scared of losing to us again or they wouldn’t be here running their mouths before the game. They are just trying to make themselves feel good when they are nervous. It’s just a psychological fact.

1. Inexperience of the CU staff. The offensive coordinator has been an o coordinator before, so has the WR coach, so has the o line coach. The head coach has been a head coach in the NFL before[insert punctuation here].enough of the CU has inexperienced staff crap. Just not true.

6. Nebraska o line lost seniors but will be better - The part about losing experienced seniors is factual. It was these same seniors that played so much better at the end of last year that allowed the skewers to get better as a football team. Young or mostly new o-lines always spell trouble in college football, particularly the first handful of games of the year. CU's d-line starters will win this battle handily. If CU played the skewers late in the year, things would be different. The skewer crew would have gained experience and CU's depth issues would show up[insert punctuation here]but second game of the year means there will be corn for the Buffs to feed on.

7. Nebraska d backs grew up a lot - I am sure they did[insert punctuation here]but just like they've grown, so have the Buffs. This will be compounded by the fact that CU's QB will have time to throw the ball. Skewered dbacks get burned to a crisp and by far more players this year than last. Lucky for the skewers that they won't see a WR group this good the remainder of the season.

9. Nebraska o-line takes Callier's head off- Callier isn't a starter for the Buffs but he will get time[insert punctuation here].time when the young skewered o line is getting tired[insert punctuation here]and because of this, you can expect to see him make a couple perfect twisting form tackle sacks of glass legs again.

I went back and watched the highlights of that game, from both sides. Martinez made some plays, no doubt, but most of his plays were scrambling, after the play broke down. He had a long TD run to tie the game in the first half that was just terrible edge contain by our DE. If we have some time and renewed focus on keeping him contained, I suspect he will look a lot different.

I went back and watched the highlights of that game, from both sides. Martinez made some plays, no doubt, but most of his plays were scrambling, after the play broke down. He had a long TD run to tie the game in the first half that was just terrible edge contain by our DE. If we have some time and renewed focus on keeping him contained, I suspect he will look a lot different.
After playing AFA, they may be ready for that.

Upward trajectory? Let's talk about the teams you beat-Minnesota (5-7), Bethune Cookman (FCS), Illinois (trash), and Michigan State (you somehow beat them without scoring a touchdown-I don't remember the last time we did that). You're the only team in the AP preseason poll who had a losing record last year. Let's talk about our staff for a second-Mel Tucker has been an NFL head coach, and he's worked for the greatest coach (at least everybody outside of the ****hole you live in thinks this) in the history of this sport at three different stops. He's also got experience gameplanning for QBs (and he won't be a surprise this year) like Martinez given they've gone up against Paul Johnson's GT teams the last three years. Jay Johnson has nearly a decade of experience as an offensive coordinator, and he gets one of the best WR groups in the country and three year starter at QB. Our defense might not be great, but I know for a fact our offense will light it up.

We're going to beat you again, and I'm sure @Buffsrock85 has a piss balloon with your name on it.

Stefanou had an injury, which caused him to miss field goals totaling six points. So, if he is healthy, Buffs still win.

Freshmeat QB still goes down, since he was injured before kneegate...Buffs still win

Nubs play first week, Buffs get game film. FHCMM and staff are better prepared (?)...Buffs still win.

Reality is Montez to Viska late in Q4. 33-28 Fight CU serenades the players off of the field...Buffs win.

I actually do watch as many NU games as I can. I agree that you DID get a lot better as the season rolled on, but you weren't world beaters, that's for certain.
This year I expect a closer game, but there's no way NU goes out of Folsom with a victory. You guys are looking for blood, but that won't be enough. Mel Tucker >>> Scott Frost at game prep, and I don't see Montez losing any sleep over your secondary. Martinez is a good qb, but still very young and untested.

I'm looking forward to a great football game.

Sorry for confusion. Your secondary I meant will be worse than the Huskers secondary, not worse than last year. We are pretty experienced there and our two corners both led the big 10 in pass breakups.

I think Montez will handle the coaching change well, provided they don’t switch EVERYTHING up but Jay Johnson was probably the most un-eventful play caller in the Big 10 at Minnesota.

Comparing last year’s game to this is mostly apples to oranges. Martinez’s first game since his junior year of high school, thrown directly into the fire that is division 1 football is not comparable in any way to where he is now. He will easily have more passing yards and probably less rushing yards and less turnovers.

Sorry for confusion. Your secondary I meant will be worse than the Huskers secondary, not worse than last year. We are pretty experienced there and our two corners both led the big 10 in pass breakups.

I think Montez will handle the coaching change well, provided they don’t switch EVERYTHING up but Jay Johnson was probably the most un-eventful play caller in the Big 10 at Minnesota.

Comparing last year’s game to this is mostly apples to oranges. Martinez’s first game since his junior year of high school, thrown directly into the fire that is division 1 football is not comparable in any way to where he is now. He will easily have more passing yards and probably less rushing yards and less turnovers.

You make it sound as if we are going up against Bama.

Go tell it to South Alabama. I know you especially savored that rent-a-win over Bethune Cookman, who shares a Daytona Municipal stadium with the Mainland Bucs and the Seabreeze Sandcrabs. Quite the feather in your cap.

Upward trajectory? Let's talk about the teams you beat-Minnesota (5-7), Bethune Cookman (FCS), Illinois (trash), and Michigan State (you somehow beat them without scoring a touchdown-I don't remember the last time we did that). You're the only team in the AP preseason poll who had a losing record last year. Let's talk about our staff for a second-Mel Tucker has been an NFL head coach, and he's worked for the greatest coach (at least everybody outside of the ****hole you live in thinks this) in the history of this sport at three different stops. He's also got experience gameplanning for QBs (and he won't be a surprise this year) like Martinez given they've gone up against Paul Johnson's GT teams the last three years. Jay Johnson has nearly a decade of experience as an offensive coordinator, and he gets one of the best WR groups in the country and three year starter at QB. Our defense might not be great, but I know for a fact our offense will light it up.

We're going to beat you again, and I'm sure @Buffsrock85 has a piss balloon with your name on it.

Yep, I’ve got piss balloons to share.

You looked like you had no idea what the hell you were doing for most of last year.

Isn’t it more useful to compare one unit to the unit it will play against? Like secondary v. receivers? I’m trying to understand your rationale in comparing the secondaries of two teams. The relative comparison holds no value that I can see.

Back