What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

**** most all of you. Glad I could add to the post count of this thread with my spelling error. I too am a bit skeptical of the AD hire. Time will tell.
On a serious note at this point is there any AD hire they could make that would fix things?

Every year that passes takes them further away from the glory years and further into mediocrity.

We have plenty of reason to laugh at Coach Frosty but what is wrong with fusker football isn't going to be fixed by an athletic director or a coach.

On a serious note at this point is there any AD hire they could make that would fix things?

Every year that passes takes them further away from the glory years and further into mediocrity.

We have plenty of reason to laugh at Coach Frosty but what is wrong with ****er football isn't going to be fixed by an athletic director or a coach.
The further away from the "glory years" the better. Then the program can begin to live in the present and work towards building a better future. Too much of that time spent looking back is a waste of time and wastes resources to improve.

We have plenty of reason to laugh at Coach Frosty but what is wrong with ****er football isn't going to be fixed by an athletic director or a coach.

I dunno-maybe they could Frankenstein Bob Devaney and put him in charge?

The further away from the "glory years" the better. Then the program can begin to live in the present and work towards building a better future. Too much of that time spent looking back is a waste of time and wastes resources to improve.
Serious question: how does hiring Frost and Alberts enable that transition to living in the present?

Does anyone else worry that the corn are extremely well positioned to take advantage of the NIL legislation?

Does any else worry that we are not?

I hope someone can convince me that I’m wrong.

Does anyone else worry that the corn are extremely well positioned to take advantage of the NIL legislation?

I worry that we are not.

I don't worry about the corn.

Are they going to outspend tOSU, Michigan, Pedo State, MSU, even Minnesota or Iowa?

And they still have to convince players to come to the middle of nowhere for four years.

With Trev Alberts as AD? I’m not worried about Nebraska doing anything of consequence for the foreseeable future.

Too soon to say IMO. Those Husker fans will probably happily support their players NIL endeavors.

I’d like to be pleasantly surprised about those NIL deals for CU fans but I’m not going to get my hopes up in that case.

Elaborate. Are you worried Runza is going to do some sort of mass endorsement deal with every Nebraska athlete?

I think the vast majority of athletes who are marketable will wind up doing what Brenden Rice did and starting a Cameo page.

Elaborate. Are you worried Runza is going to do some sort of mass endorsement deal with every ****braska athlete?

I think the vast majority of athletes who are marketable will wind up doing what Brenden Rice did and starting a Cameo page.
I wouldn't expect public companies to do more than what would be smart and effective use of their marketing dollars.

Many of the bigger donors are private farmers with vast land holdings. They live for football. They are spending their money on fertilizer, insect killers, F150s, seeds, and various equipment. Expect the dealers for those products to spend big to impress their farmer customers. I don't see anything close to that happening in Colorado. We have more people but most everyone doesn't really know that there's a CFB team in town. So until we start getting people excited like during the BillyMac years, I don't see the dollars being spent here.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect public companies to do more than what would be smart and effective use of their marketing dollars.

Many of the bigger donors are private farmers with vast land holdings. They live for football. They are spending their money on fertilizer, insect killers, F150s, seeds, and various equipment. Expect the dealers for those products to spend big to impress their farmer customers. I don't see anything close to that happening in Colorado. We have more people but most everyone doesn't really know that there's a CFB team in town. So until we start getting people excited like during the BillyMac years, I don't see the dollars being spent here.
I think you are right.

In Cornland supporting the fuskers is seen as a part of being a citizen. It is not only an obsession it is integrated into their lives like a religion.

Many of those businesses that rely of the farmers and ranchers won't risk losing their customers so they will sponsor. It will be treated as a marketing expense.

That same marketing money in Colorado doesn't go the direction of college football including the Buffs. Instead it goes the direction of the Broncos and Broncos players. Think about all those businesses that are the "official ____________ of the Broncos." In Nebraska those will go to the fuskers.

Fortunately for those of us who love watching the polyester crowd endure more losses it won't matter. As I've stated before they will still not generate the dollars that their conference mates do and for the kind of guys they need they won't have enough money to convince them to go live in Stinkoln.

I was being a little ridiculous with that example-but your point is well taken. NU is so unique (insert Fusker joke here) because they're the state's pro team essentially.

CU's so different because this is obviously a Bronco-centric market. I think the Avalanche are probably 2nd. Anything CU does is on the same level as the Rockies or Nuggets-when we're good (see 2016), people took notice. That's why these next couple years are so big-so many opportunities for wins that will make people take notice. We've got a shot to do that given how we've scheduled-but when I'm seeing articles about how Minnesota coming here in September is "manageable"......we've got work to do.

I worry that we are not.

I don't worry about the corn.

Are they going to outspend tOSU, Michigan, Pedo State, MSU, even Minnesota or Iowa?

And they still have to convince players to come to the middle of nowhere for four years.
How does this statement play into anything?

Saw a cornshucker truck and travel trailer broken down in Wyoming last week. Go Big Red and obnoxious N stickers all over it. Looked like his camper had at least two flat tires. He had a sign on a card board box like a hobo. Please Help. We just cruised on by.

Saw a cornshucker truck and travel trailer broken down in Wyoming last week. Go Big Red and obnoxious N stickers all over it. Looked like his camper had at least two flat tires. He had a sign on a card board box like a hobo. Please Help. We just cruised on by.

Smart thing to do. They might realize that even Wyoming is a significant upgrade over the state they came from and would opt to stay there.

ESPN+ paywall article. Everything that is wrong with the Cornheads probably have been said in this legendary thread. Basically it is instability at the top namely the AD and then you have those football coaches coming and going. Volleyball & baseball have done just fine while football is in the dumps.

That instability is probably what led the Cornheads to hiring Trev as the new AD because who would want him anyway?

Looking forward to the 20th anniversary of 62-36 this year.

Typical husker. When the obvious solution to their woes stares them right in the face, they are blinded by your red goggles.

Just like not seeing that they need to fire Frost and realize they are no longer bigtime, they can't see that they should remove the bad tires and haul them in the pickup to get new ones or get them repaired.

I think you meant to post this in best places to yell “Go Buffs!” thread.

Back