What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

What’s Colorado’s excuse?
Well, it isn’t that the school sucks, or the campus being unattractive, or the co-eds being fat and ugly. Or the gray skies and horrible climate. It’s not the delusional self indulgent fan base or the conference we play in. Or the facilities. Oh, wait... we just won our division in 2016. We don’t need excuses.

Reactions: Jay
Well, it isn’t that the school sucks, or the campus being unattractive, or the co-eds being fat and ugly. Or the gray skies and horrible climate. It’s not the delusional self indulgent fan base or the conference we play in. Or the facilities. Oh, wait... we just won our division in 2016. We don’t need excuses.

Followed by another losing season. One winning season in the last 10. Congrats!

Grey skies and horrible climate? You’re not California.

A lot of the disdain for the bug eaters comes from them worshipping at the alter of the corn, and moving to Colorado, anyway.

Followed by another losing season. One winning season in the last 10. Congrats!

Grey skies and horrible climate? You’re not California.
No, that’s another thing we don’t have to apologize for. Thanks!

What was the nubs record again last year? Help me out. I’m struggling here. Well, not struggling as much as Nebraska did against Northern illinois or Northwestern, but struggling just the same.

No, that’s another thing we don’t have to apologize for. Thanks!

What was the nubs record again last year? Help me out. I’m struggling here. Well, not struggling as much as Nebraska did against Northern illinois or Northwestern, but struggling just the same.

9 losing seasons out of 10 including last year and you want to have a record debate?

What’s Colorado’s excuse?
Over the 100+ years of the program, very inconsistent values in the push/pull of athletics and academics. You'd think the compromise would have been the blueprints of places like the Universities of Michigan, Washington and Texas. Instead, it's alway a delicate balance because there's a lot of sensitivity to the faction that believes that the University of Chicago got it right when they became a purely academic institution. We're always one minor scandal away from them having enough power to make it hard to compete due to new restrictions. We're always one major scandal away from them taking charge again.

Other than that, besides not having great recruiting grounds locally or within a 500 mile radius of Boulder, CU has everything else going for it to be a national power in whatever it commits to be great at.

Nebraska%2BWelcome.JPG

8e8d7cd063ae785355f684fd5cdc0b3a.jpg

mcrib-mcdonalds-sandwich.jpg

ced0a074-425a-4385-bb2c-7053f6c8fd0d.jpg

gatesign.jpg

teeth21.jpg

sombrerotorso.png

image670079x.jpg

0414-lawrence-phillips-getty-01-1200x630.jpg

Man, I think I gotta call this debate in favor of Jay at this point. It will be harder for Nebraska to get back on top when they have to get through Wisconson, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State every year. Harder than going through OU and Texas and very occasionally CU. Oklahoma and Texas was good recruiting grounds for them so not playing there has to hurt. But I do think Frost is a good coach. If he becomes a great coach then they could be back in business.

And I like McRibs. Never tried a Runza, but gotta say...looks like a hot dog bun with sloppy Joe stuff inside. If that’s accurate I think I’d like them.

Love Colorado but all the beautiful stuff to do here is exactly part of the handicap that we face that loses the crazy fandom that Nebraska doesn’t have, that helps create the crazy fandom.

I don’t hate them. I want to beat them, just like I want to beat every team we play. Outside of that I don’t care much.

Helps I have NU relatives and work freinds that help me know that NU fans are just people. I know plenty of jackass CU fans too.

Still glad I get to look at the CU campus and Flatirons when we have games though.

Man, I think I gotta call this debate in favor of Jay at this point. It will be harder for Nebraska to get back on top when they have to get through Wisconson, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State every year. Harder than going through OU and Texas and very occasionally CU. Oklahoma and Texas was good recruiting grounds for them so not playing there has to hurt. But I do think Frost is a good coach. If he becomes a great coach then they could be back in business.
knu does not play in the Big10 East they play in the west. They play Wiscy, Iowa, Northwestern, Minnesota, Purdue, and Iowa. That is a cakewalk. The Big 10 East is a gauntlet and far more difficult.

And I like McRibs. Never tried a Runza, but gotta say...looks like a hot dog bun with sloppy Joe stuff inside. If that’s accurate I think I’d like them.

Love Colorado but all the beautiful stuff to do here is exactly part of the handicap that we face that loses the crazy fandom that Nebraska doesn’t have, that helps create the crazy fandom.

I don’t hate them. I want to beat them, just like I want to beat every team we play. Outside of that I don’t care much.

Helps I have NU relatives and work freinds that help me know that NU fans are just people. I know plenty of jackass CU fans too.

Still glad I get to look at the CU campus and Flatirons when we have games though.
Did you mean to submit this to the editor of the Economist?

This is college football. It runs on hate as much as it does blind devotion. It's not a rational pursuit. Can't you just hate the huskers, not think about it, and feel good about it? C'mon man!

Over the 100+ years of the program, very inconsistent values in the push/pull of athletics and academics. You'd think the compromise would have been the blueprints of places like the Universities of Michigan, Washington and Texas. Instead, it's alway a delicate balance because there's a lot of sensitivity to the faction that believes that the University of Chicago got it right when they became a purely academic institution. We're always one minor scandal away from them having enough power to make it hard to compete due to new restrictions. We're always one major scandal away from them taking charge again.

Other than that, besides not having great recruiting grounds locally or within a 500 mile radius of Boulder, CU has everything else going for it to be a national power in whatever it commits to be great at.
Take away football from CU and you have a world class public university with multiple Nobel Laureates and astronauts. A top research institution, law school and medical school.

Take away football from Nebraska and what exactly is left? A glorified junior college?

You seem like quite a reasonable, forgiving chap. What's you're response to: "Sal is dead, Go Big Red!"?

If it's not to start filling piss balloons and practicing granny tossing, you're doing it wrong.

Orr has it right.

As much as I tell myself knu is just another big 10 school, albeit without AAU status because their academics suck, and that I don't care, I still smile every time they lose - especially when they lose at home, and to directional schools.

I love the fact that no matter where I live, there's always hundreds thousands of places in that **** hole state that are worse. Whenever anyone tells me how bad someplace is, I can always cheer them up with "at least it's not Nebraska."

Yes, it's irrational. Irrational hatred based on something as silly serious as college football is a good hate to fill your primitive need to hate something. It's far better than basing your hate on something truly destructive to society like race or religion.

knu does not play in the Big10 East they play in the west. They play Wiscy, Iowa, Northwestern, Minnesota, Purdue, and Iowa. That is a cakewalk. The Big 10 East is a gauntlet and far more difficult.

True. Except next year also includes @ Ohio St. @ Michigan and Michigan St.

Back