What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

That used to only be 1 quarter of the spring game penalty. WTF?
when officials where tasting sounds after being in an unventilated lab with this urine specimen, the program had no choice but to bring down a harsher punishment. Frosty is on his honor (or lack there of) at this point in his time at Lincoln.

Nebraska: where offensive linemen are treated like cattle.

Diabetes Insulin GIF by diababelife

The “it’s not for everybody” ad campaign has to be one of the weirdest things I’ve ever witnessed.
There is another ad campaign that has been around for about 10 years that says “Nebraska: We don’t coast!” Because obviously Nebraska is a land-locked state, and believe in hard work… I suppose “The Good Life” was just causing an influx of people from all around to move to Nebraska?

Maybe Colorado should take Nebraska’s cue and self-shame the people away? “Colorado: you already have the t-shirt, why come back?”

I don't understand what the marketing campagin is trying to achieve.

tourism? then I would think focus on specific landmarks and attractions needs to happen. a general campaign touting the state is not swaying anyone's vacation planning
relocation? then I think focus on job opportunities, low cost of living, etc... is going to be more effective
luring businesses? then focus on available workforce, infrastructure, tax benefits, etc... is going to be more effective

Mental health.

Trying to keep them from collapsing under the realization that they live in a state with no outstanding features other than manure piles, meth labs, and a second rate university with a football program that can't keep any of the recruits they have bought to stay more than a year or two.

tourism? then I would think focus on specific landmarks and attractions needs to happen. a general campaign touting the state is not swaying anyone's vacation planning
relocation? then I think focus on job opportunities, low cost of living, etc... is going to be more effective
luring businesses? then focus on available workforce, infrastructure, tax benefits, etc... is going to be more effective
Watch the official Nebraska state tourism video. They mention carhenge. The state’s loan tourism spot.

Watch the official Nebraska state tourism video. They mention carhenge. The state’s loan tourism spot.
Hey now! The zoo in Omaha is supposed to be top-shelf…and don’t you go about forgetting the College World Series.

the zoo is fun, but forget about finding parking if you come after 9 AM, and that’s on a weekday. I’m not crazy enough to go on a weekend.

I haven’t been to a CWS game since 1998. Things started getting out of hand around 1996 for me. There is a stadium north of the Downtown area that sits empty for 49 weeks of the year. Then the other three weeks that place and the surrounding area becomes the Flori-Bama shore for those following their team, and for the desperate locals…it’s a 15-day weekend.

Don’t let these things fool you. The low cost of living thing is a myth. Property taxes have been high, given the values for as far back as I can remember. The last few years, it has become an issue where people have sold their homes to rent (which has also become ridiculous, for Omaha), or leave all together. As far as prices for entertainment, food, etc. Omaha is right up there with other places I’ve been to lately, a little less for some things. A good amount of fine print BS expenses, which is probably true for every city. It is just doesn’t have much in the way of things to do in every season.

as far as work opportunities, I feel like there is potential. Not a lot of younger people have stayed, especially if they left the area for college. There was a migration during the recession of 2008-2010 due to the available jobs and perceived low cost living. I’m sure many of those people have left by now. I’m also expecting a good amount of openings in the coming years once the young end of the boomer generation and older Gen-X retires.

I think the "big bang" was the final whistle when the scoreboard read 62-36.

That game could actually be the focus of a great 30 for 30. A look at Nebraska football before it, what they thought they were, the role it played in the culture of the state, the events leading to the game, and everything that happened following the game to both programs.

I think the "big bang" was the final whistle when the scoreboard read 62-36.

That game could actually be the focus of a great 30 for 30. A look at Nebraska football before it, what they thought they were, the role it played in the culture of the state, the events leading to the game, and everything that happened following the game to both programs.
CU fans over estimating the long term impact of that game. But if it makes them feels.

CU fans over estimating the long term impact of that game. But if it makes them feels.
Yeah I mean I'd argue us ending your stupid ****ing bowl streak in your ****hole of a stadium three years later hurt you more, but you do you.

Speaking of bowl streaks......aren't you guys at 6 straight years without one? Getting closer to Kansas by the day!

Back