What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Everyone knew this was coming.

I don't know how Nub fans can have any trust in Trev Alberts, though.

Why didn't he fire Frost after last season?

Instead, he caused a lost year for their football program to assuage some fans & boosters who still hadn't given up on Frost. He justified it with a re-negotiated contract that would save NU $7.5M in monies owed if Frost was fired after October 1. OK, weak, but at least there was a plan even if it was a bad plan. But then you don't wait until October to fire him.

So now they flushed a season, flushed all the NIL dollars their boosters paid to get players in for this season, and probably flushed the money they paid for coordinators who are under contract through next year at over $800k each.

Why, if he wasn't going to fire after last season, did he not wait another few weeks since it wouldn't have changed anything at this point?

Last edited:
Mickey Joseph?! Another former (albeit JAG) Nub QB?! Related to a former coach that celebrated good practices in press conferences?!

He's an interim. I'm guessing they're going to swing for the fences with this next hire since they're going to be a) flush with cash soon and b) competing with SC annually soon. We can only hope they strike out again.

Also, not sure Nubs paid the full $15M buyout when it was set to drop to $7.5M on Oct 1.
Frost was so miserable and all Alberts had to say to him is that it's over. You are not coming back. You can have $10M today or $7.5M in 3 weeks (or something similar). Frost had a number under $15M he'd accept to end the pain and embarrassment.

So what's KD's number?

Everyone knew this was coming.

I don't know how Nub fans can have any trust in Trev Alberts, though.

Why didn't he fire Frost after last season?

Instead, he caused a lost year for their football program to assuage some fans & boosters who still hadn't given up on Frost. He justified it with a re-negotiated contract that would save NU $7.5M in monies owed if Frost was fired after October 1. OK, weak, but at least there was a plan even if it was a bad plan. But then you don't wait until October to fire him.

So now they flushed a season, flushed all the NIL dollars their boosters paid to get players in for this season, and probably flushed the money they paid for coordinators who are under contract through next year at over $800k each.

Why, if he wasn't going to fire after last season, did he not wait another few weeks since it wouldn't have changed anything at this point?
Nub gonna nub?

He isn’t the worst coach in the country
I choose to ignore our own situation when considering things like this.

Part of the benefit of doing the other games posting I get a chance to look at the misery that exist among other schools in the country.

Acknowledging our own putrid situation is best left to Nik in his S***ty preview thread each week. :cry:

I choose to ignore our own situation when considering things like this.

Part of the benefit of doing the other games posting I get a chance to look at the misery that exist among other schools in the country.

Acknowledging our own putrid situation is best left to Nik in his S***ty preview thread each week. :cry:
As sad as it is, I would take Frost over Dorrell in a heartbeat.

As sad as it is, I would take Frost over Dorrell in a heartbeat.
Don't want either one but at least Frost tries to coach a football team, poorly but he tries.

Dorrell is like the guy who is coming up on retirement and while collecting checks makes no attempt to actually get anything done knowing that he's at a point that iven if he is fired he gets his money.

Don't want either one but at least Frost tries to coach a football team, poorly but he tries.

Dorrell is like the guy who is coming up on retirement and while collecting checks makes no attempt to actually get anything done knowing that he's at a point that iven if he is fired he gets his money.
And Frost shows some level of emotion on the sidelines.

CU's Athletic Department (and donors) appear not to seriously view the program as a big business that they want and should need to succeed.

Differences between NU and CU - Lincoln embraces the university, Boulder likes to pretend it doesn't exist. Omaha is all about the Huskers, Denver is a pro sports town. NU alumni care about Husker athletics, the majority of CU alumni don't care about CU athletics (I don't even know if they care about the school at all). NU has boosters that aren't even alumni, CU has none that I know of. The people of the state of Nebraska love their flagship university, most Coloradans could care less, and a sizeable amount hate CU. NU has a good sized NIL group, CU's AD has been fighting NIL the whole time. I don't know what the UNL's overall leadership is like, but CU Boulder is a cluster**** overall, too.

That's not even getting into conference revenues and things of that nature.

Which is not to say that you guys don't have your own stumbling blocks in the modern CFB landscape, but compared to CU it's night and day.

Still, **** you guys.

Differences between NU and CU - Lincoln embraces the university, Boulder likes to pretend it doesn't exist. Omaha is all about the Huskers, Denver is a pro sports town. NU alumni care about Husker athletics, the majority of CU alumni don't care about CU athletics (I don't even know if they care about the school at all). NU has boosters that aren't even alumni, CU has none that I know of. The people of the state of Nebraska love their flagship university, most Coloradans could care less, and a sizeable amount hate CU. NU has a good sized NIL group, CU's AD has been fighting NIL the whole time. I don't know what the UNL's overall leadership is like, but CU Boulder is a cluster**** overall, too.

Which is not to say that you guys don't have your own stumbling blocks in the modern CFB landscape, but compared to CU it's night and day.

Still, **** you guys.
Although I mostly agree with what you have written. One of our largest donors is a csu alumn, Kelli Brooks.

Still, **** you guys.
This is all true but why?

Colorado has mountains, hiking, skiing, a cosmopolitan capital city, cultural institutions, mostly nice weather, professional sports, and much more.

Nebraska has cows, corn, and the Huskers and what else?

How many people all over the country think Colorado would be a great place to live? Unless it is for a job you NEVER hear that about Nebraska except for from people with family in Nebraska.

CU has a student population from all over the country, and most of those students aren't there to watch football games. How many HS kids in California, Texas, Illinois think going to Nebraska would be a cool place to spend their college years?

A lot of these same things apply to other college football powers. Is Tuscaloosa a destination city? How about Ann Arbor? Clemson? Norman?

These schools are the identity of their communities and of their states. They provide a common bond, something positive (hopefully) that everyone can share.

In Colorado for those who are sports fans the Broncos are the focus. CU could win the national championship next season and the headlines would be about what candy Russell Wilson gives out for Halloween.

Although I mostly agree with what you have written. One of our largest donors is a csu alumn, Kelli Brooks.

I was going to day that she was the exception that proved the role, but seeing as she's the most visible booster, I guess I'll just concede the point.

So what's KD's number?
Every last nickel. Frost believes, and is probably right, he will work again. He might even rehab his way back to a P5 gig. HCKD knows nobody is hiring him, just like the situation was when CU stupidly hired him and paid him a fully guaranteed contract. He is taking the ship down, and he's getting every nickel while he does it.

Every last nickel. Frost believes, and is probably right, he will work again. He might even rehab his way back to a P5 gig. HCKD knows nobody is hiring him, just like the situation was when CU stupidly hired him and paid him a fully guaranteed contract. He is taking the ship down, and he's getting every nickel while he does it.
As long as we don't have to cut him a check for the full buyout within a month or whatever like A&M did Sumlin.

Wow…I was sure disconnected from CFB the rest of the day after watching USAFA run over the Buffs and watched some Kent State-Oklahoma football. Didn’t find out the Huskers lost to GATA until seeing the ESPN website saying Frosty was fired.

Im bummed about this since I wanted one more CU shot at Frosty next year.

Wow…I was sure disconnected from CFB the rest of the day after watching USAFA run over the Buffs and watched some Kent State-Oklahoma football. Didn’t find out the Huskers lost to GATA until seeing the ESPN website saying Frosty was fired.

Im bummed about this since I wanted one more CU shot at Frosty next year.
Huskers will hire another former Husker.
Huskers will once again try to go back to "husker football"
Huskers will once again believe that the future means going back to the past.
Huskers will once again overpay for someone they end up firing.

Huskers will hire another former Husker.
Huskers will once again try to go back to "husker football"
Huskers will once again believe that the future means going back to the past.
Huskers will once again overpay for someone they end up firing.

Insanity in Nub-land!

Back