What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Per ESPN “Frost will receive his full $15 million buyout, Alberts told reporters at a news conference”
They will make up the difference between the $15 million and the $7.5 million in revenue from ticket sales, clothing sales, donor contributions and game day business revenue and such without a problem.

Years ago (pre Gary Branett days) I sat next to a loyal GBR dude. He went on and on and on about the greatness of NU football. I told him, " You've had back to back Hall of Fame coaches. Wait until you get a couple of duds." "Can't happen, not at Nebraska." After Solich ( good, not great), Callahan ( dud # 1), Pellini ( Mr. "9 wins"), Riley ( dud # 2), Frost ( dud # 3 - and let's be honest, the way this played out he's good for dud # 4 and dud # 5 ), I wonder how my "friend" feels. I imagine that, like us, he'd kill for 9 wins.

NU should've given Frosty another 5 years. I mean he is eternally 'on the cusp' of turning things around. And the 'BEST 3-9 team EVER' is worthy of being discussed forever. AND the new ND coach that almost everyone on this board went crazy over sucks too. Obvious as the fact we breathe air at the time ... but verboten to even consider in Boulder/Berkeley - think... Anyway yes NU sucks. And KD sucks. And the PAC12 sucks. And CFB as a 'power 2' sucks. A national game no more. Pick your favorite B1G or SEC team or enjoy irrelevance in the '2nd tier' at best. Maybe CU will beat Utah once every 15 years? Or NOT! Wyoming Cowboys have more fan support than CU. Pathetic.

This is all true but why?

Colorado has mountains, hiking, skiing, a cosmopolitan capital city, cultural institutions, mostly nice weather, professional sports, and much more.

Nebraska has cows, corn, and the Huskers and what else?

How many people all over the country think Colorado would be a great place to live? Unless it is for a job you NEVER hear that about Nebraska except for from people with family in Nebraska.

CU has a student population from all over the country, and most of those students aren't there to watch football games. How many HS kids in California, Texas, Illinois think going to Nebraska would be a cool place to spend their college years?

A lot of these same things apply to other college football powers. Is Tuscaloosa a destination city? How about Ann Arbor? Clemson? Norman?

These schools are the identity of their communities and of their states. They provide a common bond, something positive (hopefully) that everyone can share.

In Colorado for those who are sports fans the Broncos are the focus. CU could win the national championship next season and the headlines would be about what candy Russell Wilson gives out for Halloween.
In Colorado for those who are sports fans the Broncos are the focus. CU could win the national championship next season and the headlines would be about what candy Russell Wilson gives out for Halloween.

This is why I hate the Broncos

This is why I hate the Broncos
Counterpoint: the Broncos might play some football worth spending a couple of hours watching.

It's perplexing to me how Surveyor has the balls to come in here strutting around like the Cock of the County when his team just lost at home to a Sunbelt team, and they fired a coach that they should have fired 2 seasons ago. Without a hint of awareness that they're gonna **** up the next hire too.

Counterpoint: the Broncos might play some football worth spending a couple of hours watching.

Agreed.

I've always actually thought the best description of Denver was a front-runner town. The Broncos owned the town when they were the only game in town, sure, but they've also been consistently successful with just a couple of hiccups for almost 40 years.

We've seen the city become huge Avs fans for a hot minute, then when they were mediocre for 15 years or so, people stopped caring. Now of course they'll care again. The Nuggets sell tickets (though not as well as the Avs when both are playing at the same level), but the Nuggets have been awful more than they've been good throughout their history. Then there's the Rockies. They are the epitome of this. The Rockies were the darlings of the city a few times in the last 30 years, but right now, Coors Field is just a glorified LoDo bar.

To mix the Buffs in, back in the late 80s and 90s (granted before the Avs and when the Rockies only started toward the end), CU was just as big as anything else in town, save the Broncos, and even then it was close during the Wade Phillips era, when the Broncos were as bad as they ever were with Elway and the Buffs were regularly I'm the top 10.

BUT, I would definitely point out that population of the city and state has changed dramatically, and in my experience at least, the sports fans among the newcomers have brought their sports fandom with them. People coming from TX bring their UT/A&M/whatever else fandom with them. Same with people from WI/MN/IA/MI (ie, half of Longmont). Nobody comes to CO and becomes a CU fan. Partly because we suck, but mostly because they don't have to. They can follow their team, watch all the games, meet up with fellow fans at local bars for watch parties, etc.

I guess what I'm saying is that the reasons CU is ignored are actually varied and complex. Would they be improved by having a winning team? Absolutely. The front runner town thing is real. But at the same time I feel like the population growth has hurt us, too.

It's perplexing to me how Surveyor has the balls to come in here strutting around like the Cock of the County when his team just lost at home to a Sunbelt team, and they fired a coach that they should have fired 2 seasons ago. Without a hint of awareness that they're gonna **** up the next hire too.
Why you tryin' to B_walk the next nub hire?

Where I think he is least self aware, and it’s a crowded race to be sure, is that this thread exists regardless of whether they are good or bad. They could hire Nick Saban and win the NC and I hate them. They could hire Larry the Cable Guy, make Frost look like Knute Rockne, and go winless for the next 4 years, and I will still hate them. I’m still perplexed about why he spends any time here at all, without funding a way to add value. I’ve never once been to a Nebraska board and have no interest in doing so. And finally, because he’s reading this, SCOREBOARD, BITCH!

Where I think he is least self aware, and it’s a crowded race to be sure, is that this thread exists regardless of whether they are good or bad. They could hire Nick Saban and win the NC and I hate them. They could hire Larry the Cable Guy, make Frost look like Knute Rockne, and go winless for the next 4 years, and I will still hate them. I’m still perplexed about why he spends any time here at all, without funding a way to add value. I’ve never once been to a Nebraska board and have no interest in doing so. And finally, because he’s reading this, SCOREBOARD, BITCH!
“In psychology, imprinting is defined as "a remarkable phenomenon … [in which a] newborn creature bonds to the type of animals it meets at birth." It can profoundly impact how babies are raised, both in humans and in other animals. While it may immediately bring up images of ducklings running after the human they first saw upon hatching, the phenomenon can extend to many other areas of life.”

The only reasonable explanation is that a trucker in a CU hat (or some other type of attire but let’s be honest, it was probably a hat) railed Surveyor’s mom in his presence when he was a wee lad. Interestingly, it’s not a full blown case of imprinting because otherwise he would be a lot lizard banging trucker who wears a CU hat himself. I’m not a psychology major but this appears to be a case of incomplete imprinting where he was influenced at such a young age and as he has grown up in such a toxic environment like Nebraska, that the imprinting was mostly undone. He now had fallen victim to the cult influence that is the drooling red hoard. But deep down in his psyche remains the trauma of his youth. He can’t come to terms with it or quit it so he comes back here time after time, searching for some sort of meaning in his confused and broken Fusker life.

Dunking on that 7 foot hoop never gets old.

@J.R. Ewing

Back