What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Thanks for mentioning me Nub troll. I think we're going to kick your asses next weekend. Trivia question for the entire board after Laviska Shenault went off the other night: The NCAA record for most receiving yards in a game was on August 29,1998 by Troy Edwards of Louisiana Tech at 405. Who did Louisiana Tech play that day? No googling.
Samaje Perine from Oklahoma holds the record for most rushing yards in a game when he ran for 427 yards against Kansas in 2014. That broke the previous record set just one week earlier when Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon ran for 408 in just 3 quarters against, you guessed it...Nebraska.

Nebraska has given up the most receiving yards in a game and the 2nd most rushing yards in a game ever. Black shirts my ass.

Samaje Perine from Oklahoma holds the record for most rushing yards in a game when he ran for 427 yards against Kansas in 2014. That broke the previous record set just one week earlier when Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon ran for 408 in just 3 quarters against, you guessed it...Nebraska.

Nebraska has given up the most receiving yards in a game and the 2nd most rushing yards in a game ever. Black shirts my ass.

Lol I didn’t even realize this. That’s amazing! Where’s that other nub troll? @Waylon Van Smack

You’re known for records against too!

Don’t forget Nebraska has allowed 50+ points in a game 7 times the last 3 seasons and they just hired a coach who had a couple 50’s thrown on him as well

Nebraska now has the biggest case of football blue balls in history. Gonna be a painful week for them, especially after Buffs get done with them.
I found it pretty funny when they went through all of hype of covering the new coach walking the team under the newly installed disco balls hung in Cell Block 99 of the Gulag only to have to wimper back to their cells 5 minutes later.

I would have liked to see how motivated they were to go back on the field after a long layoff.

Well, the only positives for NU yesterday is nobody got hurt and CU has no film on NU. Buffs looked very impressive, should be fun.

I wonder if Nebraska is going to let Martinez run the ball often given the depth at QB. Could Nebraska just play to survive this game so they have a chance with that brutal Big Ten schedule?

If CU gets off to a fast start in this one, this game could be over quickly.

Edit: I looked at Surveyor's home forum and there appears to be some concern among the Husker fanbase about the QB depth chart...they are even talking about who would be the fourth string QB and Maryland had to go through four QBs last season. Like one of the posters there said, just pop a tums and drink some kool-aid.

Last edited:
I’m getting married in Breck today. You wanna come??

Congratulations! We got married in April at the Champions Center - it was fantastic!

Anyway, damn - you people hate Nebraska. Having dated/married my way into Buff Fanhood, I wasn't around much for the Big XII games. Since we are going to Nebraska next weekend, I'll get to see everything up close and personal.

Worthington.jpg

Six more days!

Congratulations! We got married in April at the Champions Center - it was fantastic!

Anyway, damn - you people hate Nebraska. Having dated/married my way into Buff Fanhood, I wasn't around much for the Big XII games. Since we are going to Nebraska next weekend, I'll get to see everything up close and personal.
Big XII?! ****, you should've been around for the Big H8!

I wonder if Nebraska is going to let Martinez run the ball often given the depth at QB. Could Nebraska just play to survive this game so they have a chance with that brutal Big Ten schedule?

If CU gets off to a fast start in this one, this game could be over quickly.

Edit: I looked at Surveyor's home forum and there appears to be some concern among the Husker fanbase about the QB depth chart...they are even talking about who would be the fourth string QB and Maryland had to go through four QBs last season. Like one of the posters there said, just pop a tums and drink some kool-aid.

They only have four QBs on the roster, two sophs and two freshmen. At least one, probably two are walk-ons and aren't ideal for Frost system. If they lose Martinez they will also have to start making adjustments to the system.

They may not want to run the QB as much but they could be forced to. If I'm a coach starting a true freshman QB who is more of a runner than a passer the last thing I want to be doing is trying to beat Mike MacIntyre's defensive backs. CSU had a fifth year senior who's strength was as a passer and he was having trouble finding places to throw the ball.

Them getting cancelled only helps us.......Saturday is going to be FUN lol. They're still delusional, as you'll see below:

View attachment 26842

I’m looking forward to Saturday. We have seats on the upper level, but between the 30 and 40 yard line.

Mother Nature decided to keep the fuskers fresh for a Buffalo beat down.

Husker Jesus will be humbled, and in true fashion, fusker fans will be calling out for his job. Same old song and bull****!

That place is going to be crazy loud initially. If the Buffs can handle, or even feed off of it, they should be fine. Hope MM and Chev especially have them mentally prepared for the noise.

They only have four QBs on the roster, two sophs and two freshmen. At least one, probably two are walk-ons and aren't ideal for Frost system. If they lose Martinez they will also have to start making adjustments to the system.

They may not want to run the QB as much but they could be forced to. If I'm a coach starting a true freshman QB who is more of a runner than a passer the last thing I want to be doing is trying to beat Mike MacIntyre's defensive backs. CSU had a fifth year senior who's strength was as a passer and he was having trouble finding places to throw the ball.

I think the key here is going to be how they handle the speed we have offensively. They're gonna be somewhat conservative with what they do offensively I think-given that Saturday is going to be Martinez's first collegiate start. As with last week, jumping on NU is going to be just as big as jumping on CSU was.

Hope we get the ball first. Martinez may be a pretty good dual threat, but he's not going to want to be putting it in the air 50 times.

I think the key here is going to be how they handle the speed we have offensively. They're gonna be somewhat conservative with what they do offensively I think-given that Saturday is going to be Martinez's first collegiate start. As with last week, jumping on NU is going to be just as big as jumping on CSU was.

Another big factor is going to be our run defense early.

CSU does not have Nebraska talent but they looked at the OL as a strength of their team and intended to emphasize the running game.

Their average gain was under 2 yards per carry until late when it didn't matter any more. If we can consistently keep them to short gains on first and second down then they will be forced to do what they don't want to do.

This will also feed into getting our offense back on the field quicker which is not what they want to see.

Back