What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

the most reverend warden tom osborne, hider of felony evidence and voter of petty rage, might somehow avoid paying a body-bad=g school the money that said body-bag school needs to operate their program? no.****ing.way.

i am shocked.

these sanctimonious pricks needs to be put down on saturday. Coach Mac is always right-- better dead than red.

The self-portrait Nebraska's AD had comissioned for his office:
scrooge.jpg

THE Coach Mac’s interview was awesome. He still hates red. I know he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s a couple of years ago. But he still seems pretty sharp to me.

Good luck on their next contract with a small school. I’d venture to guess the terms will look a little different and have a little more teeth. And getting interest from those schools may prove to be more difficult.

So they aren’t issuing refunds to fans, thereby keeping all game revenue, but don’t want to pay Akron.
They don't want to pay Akron because that's the way the game contract was written and Akron refused to play Sunday even after we offered to cover their expenses. I'm indifferent towards the ticket refunds I didn't pay for mine they are season tickets. I guess the rumor is that the game will be played if either team needs a game for bowl eligibility in December? I also heard that StubHub/Ticketmaster tickets are offering refunds but don't know if that's true.

They don't want to pay Akron because that's the way the game contract was written and Akron refused to play Sunday even after we offered to cover their expenses. I'm indifferent towards the ticket refunds I didn't pay for mine they are season tickets. I guess the rumor is that the game will be played if either team needs a game for bowl eligibility in December? I also heard that StubHub/Ticketmaster tickets are offering refunds but don't know if that's true.

You're going to pay them. It may not be the full $1.1M, but it'll be something on top of travel expenses-One, you guys are so brilliant that you protected yourselves from Hurricanes (never seen one of those hit Nebraska), terrorism (how very Cold War of you), or the government taking over Memorial Stadium (for a Trump rally maybe?).........but there's nothing in that contract about tornadoes or thunderstorms. Two, the game started. Three, this makes you look really, really bad in the eyes of smaller schools. We all know you like to play two or three of those games a year-and a smaller school's AD is looking at this thinking "Well, they're trying to get out of paying Akron after that game kicked, whats to say they wouldn't do the same if we agreed to play them and the same thing happened? We'll go play Alabama or Texas instead." That's why Florida cut Northern Colorado their guarantee last year for a game that was cancelled before UNC got on a plane. That's why Iowa State paid South Dakota State for another game that the same weather system caused to be cancelled-you never, ever want to burn bridges with the Group of 5 and FCS schools in an era where records mean a lot more than SOS does.

Last edited:
From now on, I will refer to Scott Frost only as "Scooter". He looks like a pre-pubescent half wit, so Scooter seems fitting. Hopefully some of my fellow ABers will join me in this, and he will be the 'holer version of Sparkles.

Why the 'holers think that their team, which last year was pathetic, will be turned into the Big 10 version of Alabama overnight is a mystery to me. No way they will break even this year. Too young, and very little game experience. Wait till they leave the comfortable confines of their crib with their delusional idiotic fan base support, and then the fun will begin. Oh the lamentations coming from the east will be welcome. And I hope the score gets run up Saturday after all the "Sal is dead, go Big Red" crap that has been on twitter. They need to have their 'holer dreams, and 'holer aspirations crushed. I hope Hagan and company will not let MM let off the throttle.

Welcome home and FU Scooter.

We cant lose to this guy......Wasnt he in Weekend at Bernies? Someone put that in the look a like thread....

upload_2018-9-5_12-0-37.png

Did he produce the paperwork? You know how rowdy hippies who don’t care that much for football, and can’t fill a mid-sized stadium can get.
No. He never showed the receipts.

Here's all I have to say about him:
0QQQhJqQ_400x400.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-5_15-11-6.png
    upload_2018-9-5_15-11-6.png
    392.5 KB · Views: 13
From this thread on HuskerMax:
I'm the right age and attended every NU vs. CU game in Lincoln and Boulder from 1989 through the 2001 debacle. I made my first trip to Boulder as an NU freshman in 1989. I went to tailgates and fraternity parties wearing all red and even sat right in the middle of the CU student section. The CU fans were fine - a few "eff Nebraska" shout outs, but also a lot offers for food and beer.
Husker fans love to play the victim in this ruckus - the humble and hard working "greatest fans" vs. Boulder's detestable bowl-smoking elitists. But that narrative isn't the truth. The truth is that while Bill McCartney started the fire, NU fans threw napalm on it with the Sal Aunese stuff.
I don't know if the billboard was a myth or reality, but I can 100% confirm that there was a sign in Memorial Stadium in 1990 that said "Sal is Dead, Go Big Red." I can also confirm that there were chants of the same sentiment in the stadium that day. A kid died of stomach cancer, and we had some fans mocking him for sport. It was way beyond the pale - easily the worst fan behavior I've seen in Lincoln. I can kinda see how we got left off the Christmas card list after that.
Starting in 1991, trips to Boulder got more and more contentious. I witnessed plenty of crappy Buff fan behavior - beers and batteries being chucked and constant smack talk that crossed the line from fan banter to just mean. Ditto on the mean-spirited chatter coming from NU fans at the games in Lincoln.
During the short time it was a rivalry, NU fans did just as much to light that candle as CU fans did. I'd like to see NU win by 5 TD's on Saturday, but that's just a fact.
The Big Red Lebowski, Yesterday at 1:39 PM

Somebody butted in on a friendly banter of kNU vs CU between a neighbor buddy of mine and myself on FB, with a vague proclamation of kNU’s historic storied program. All I want to do is mention Byron “whizzer” White and say “how many former nub players sat on the bench of the SCOTUSA?”

Somebody butted in on a friendly banter of kNU vs CU between a neighbor buddy of mine and myself on FB, with a vague proclamation of kNU’s historic storied program. All I want to do is mention Byron “whizzer” White and say “how many former nub players sat on the bench of the SCOTUSA?”
I’m sure lots of them...on a tour. In front of while being procesuted, almost certainly. Lol

How many sat on a bench in front of judge Whizzer before he was on the supreme court?

Edit: dammit, Flatirons beat me to it by seconds.

After they wiped it down with their diploma? Could have been a few pusskers that worked custodial duties over the years he sat on the bench. Hard to say.

You're going to pay them. It may not be the full $1.1M, but it'll be something on top of travel expenses-One, you guys are so brilliant that you protected yourselves from Hurricanes (never seen one of those hit Nebraska), terrorism (how very Cold War of you), or the government taking over Memorial Stadium (for a Trump rally maybe?).........but there's nothing in that contract about tornadoes or thunderstorms. Two, the game started. Three, this makes you look really, really bad in the eyes of smaller schools. We all know you like to play two or three of those games a year-and a smaller school's AD is looking at this thinking "Well, they're trying to get out of paying Akron after that game kicked, whats to say they wouldn't do the same if we agreed to play them and the same thing happened? We'll go play Alabama or Texas instead." That's why Florida cut Northern Colorado their guarantee last year for a game that was cancelled before UNC got on a plane. That's why Iowa State paid South Dakota State for another game that the same weather system caused to be cancelled-you never, ever want to burn bridges with the Group of 5 and FCS schools in an era where records mean a lot more than SOS does.
Right. Part 10 of of the contract covers a party that defaults not covered under that terrible force majeure blurb. They refused to play even though we had a kickoff. They would then be in breach of contract as they failed to produce a team to finish the game and Nebraska could technically be owed money if they wanted to press the issue. Now will Nebraska pay or not I'm not sure. But legally Nebraska has the upper hand in that fight. And it isn't going to affect **** from future smaller schools. Money talks and something like this is incredibly rare.

Back