What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

All I know is when you put on your stadium you are the best fans on planet earth, it MUST be true!

https://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/index.ssf/2018/09/akron_and_nebraska_at_odds_of.html

https://saturdaytradition.com/nebra...accommodations-nebraska-sleep-dorms-michigan/

"Nebraska, according to Williams, is suggesting Akron backed out of the deal because the Zips could not find adequate accommodations on short notice for the team, would not accept sleeping in Nebraska dorm rooms and would not agree to play the game at 10:30 a.m. the following morning, effectively on less than six hours of rest for the players."

No. The only thing you can fault Akron for is checking out of their hotel too early. You asked them to play on Sunday at 10:30am (less than 6 hours of rest), and offered them empty dorm rooms to sleep in? Lol. Hard legal argument to win when even Husker Jesus himself said he would have done the same thing had he been in Terry Bowden's shoes and Iowa State went through the same thing and paid South Dakota State their guarantee.

A couple more things-This is incredibly rare? Iowa State had to cancel their game Saturday (they were in the middle of the first quarter), and they paid South Dakota State the guarantee under the contract. Florida lost a game last year because of Hurricane Irma, and they paid Northern Colorado for it. We lost a game five years ago with Fresno, got it rescheduled for a future year, and got another FCS team to play during a bye week. IIRC, the NCAA was willing to give us a waiver to go bowling at 5-6 had we gotten there or allow us to play a second FCS opponent and count that toward 6 wins. What's incredibly rare is your dip**** AD playing games with this because you guys are butthurt that Akron didn't want to sleep in your ****ty dorms for a night. What you don't see because you won't take off your red glasses is you look bad as a fanbase making an issue of this.

1. 6 hours? Check your math
2. Contracts are contracts. I've never said we wouldn't pay I said they didn't legally have to. NU officals have never said they wouldn't pay or anything resembling that. Talking heads in the media have said that. The deadline for payment is in March and our AD has already stated that and that it will be settled after they officially figure out what they're going to do.
3. Yes it is rare. We haven't cancelled a game since 1943. Has it happened for other teams? Sure. But it's rare. "Hurrr durr we had to cancel a game half a decade ago". My point exactly. We've already come out and said language will now be included to cover such occurrences in the future.
4. Yes ISU is going to pay. Our contract is nearly 4 times that so I imagine that would factor.
5. The dorm rooms thing was us trying to make a ****ty situation work. But you're right we were just being terrible we should have just told them to gtfo and go home. /s

You aren't even countering arguments you're bringing up separate issues.

The Nubs are just mad because their proverbial bait dog was seized by the cops before they could set their new pitbull loose on it. There is no way in hell that Nebraska would have agreed to those conditions if the shoe were on the other foot. Let’s stop pretending like Moos and Co were trying to act in everyone’s best interest. It was a selfish scramble by kNU so that they could still be able to buy their win and the Fusker faithful could orgasm in unison at the return of Fusker Jesus.

The Nubs are just mad because their proverbial bait dog was seized by the cops before they could set their new pitbull loose on it. There is no way in hell that Nebraska would have agreed to those conditions if the shoe were on the other foot. Let’s stop pretending like Moos and Co were trying to act in everyone’s best interest. It was a selfish scramble by kNU so that they could still be able to buy their win and the Fusker faithful could orgasm in unison at the return of Fusker Jesus.

These threads are doing nothing other than making the inevitable W we're going to get in Lincoln that much sweeter.

Oh I totally agree we wouldn't have agreed to it if we were in their shoes. Never said we would.

I have almost 20 years in Contracts Management and acquisitions. I'm not talking completely out my ass. Just partially.
reaction-gif-tommy-lee-jones-i-dont-care-fugitive-13639955737.gif

I watched the first hour of the CU-NU 1990 game this morning. On NU's second series of the game, their crowd booed when they ran an ISO play on first down from their own 3 yard line.

Yep, the GREATEST fans in the nation. No doubt.

I watched the first hour of the CU-NU 1990 game this morning. On NU's second series of the game, their crowd booed when they ran an ISO play on first down from their own 3 yard line.

Yep, the GREATEST fans in the nation. No doubt.
They were saying "SUHHHHHH"
Stop your false information.

They were saying "SUHHHHHH"
Stop your false information.
I'm open to being corrected. You are going to have to help me with what that could possibly mean. The only reference I can come up with is Ndamukong Suh, and that doesn't even come close to fitting the situation.

I'm open to being corrected. You are going to have to help me with what that could possibly mean. The only reference I can come up with is Ndamukong Suh, and that doesn't even come close to fitting the situation.
No.

"SUHHHHHH" as in "SUH DUDE"

Just being friendly.

Back