What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

giphy.gif

This has been in the works for a while, dating back to last November. Their fans, writers, and coaches have tried to frame it as a JD problem, but it’s clearly more than that as he always gave 100% whenever I watched them play.

He made (since deleted) tweets about hearing everything the coaches say back when Frost was throwing Riley and Riley players under the bus after every loss. Makes sense that a Riley player wouldn’t appreciate that. Frost also pissed off the whole team when a player needed time to think about possibly transferring, sat out half of fall camp, then came back and immediately had his starting job back.

I’m starting to think Scott Frost is killing the program on purpose. I applaud him in his efforts and wish him all the success in the world.
I’m starting to think that Scott Frost is completely incompetent as a head coach.

Actually, I’ve been thinking that for a long time.

Frost should never have left UCF, where it’s easy to recruit and win. Nebraska is a perennial basement dweller program in a boring part of the country with questionable academics. Not sure why any recruit would want to go there.

I’m starting to think Scott Frost is killing the program on purpose. I applaud him in his efforts and wish him all the success in the world.
Scott Frost believes in his heart that this is 1997.

He believes that kNU has more talent than the teams they play.
He believes that the best talent in the country wants to wear red simply because they are Nebraska.
He believes that they still have 4* guys on the bench just waiting for a chance.
He believes that their system is still cutting edge and opponents can't defend it.
He believes that he can win multiple games per year just on intimidation.

The problem with believing all this stuff is that in addition to it simply being not true it gets in the way of him, the athletic department, and the fans admitting that this is a different time and needs different solutions.

As it stands it's hard to see them ever getting back. The best HS players from warm weather states no longer see any value in moving to the land of cow pies and communist architecture. They aren't getting a lot of guys drafted, they aren't playing in major (or any) bowls. With a B1G schedule they rarely if ever are going to be playing in front of those kids parents and friends in Texas, California, Florida, etc.

They are far enough behind in talent that they are going to continue to take their yearly beatings from the likes of Wisconsin, Iowa, and even Minnesota. When they cross into the other division things get worse for them with PSU, MSU, Michigan, and of course NC contender tOSU hanging 50s and 60s on them.

kNU expected much better out of Frosting but they are stuck with him because he would cost a boatload of cash to fire and they are starting to figure out that quality coaching candidates aren't exactly standing in line to take over that program.

He could be coaching in Tallahassee right now if he had just waited.

That is what his wife was begging for, cause losing in warm weather is a lot better!

Watch for Spielman to go to Minnesota and be able to stay home with his family for support.

That is what his wife was begging for, cause losing in warm weather is a lot better!

Watch for Spielman to go to Minnesota and be able to stay home with his family for support.

Those FSU fans don't take losing nicely just like the Corncob fans.

African Americans now clearly have decided that MAGA means White Supremacy. I don't think that is debatable. That is their interpretation.

Nebraska is ground zero for MAGA.

I would love to recruit against them right now.

Of course, if they get the option to pay their players, even the walkons will be getting $10k a month to sell something on local tv.

African Americans now clearly have decided that MAGA means White Supremacy. I don't think that is debatable. That is their interpretation.

****braska is ground zero for MAGA.

Of course, if they get the option to pay their players, even the walkons will be getting $10k a month to sell something on local tv.

I remember Nebraska basically paying the players back in the 90's via a local Car Dealer. Supposedly players were "working" at the Dealership, blah, blah, blah, so the Likeness thing is obviously going to make that comeback.

****braska is ground zero for MAGA.

Husker fans already label any CU fan with far left wing politics so I have no problem with that but going the white supremacy route will backfire on CU fans due to CU's perceived lack of diversity for many years. Also it's best to keep racism out of sports too.

****er fans already label any CU fan with far left wing politics so I have no problem with that but going the white supremacy route will backfire on CU fans due to CU's perceived lack of diversity for many years. Also it's best to keep racism out of sports too.
I think a lot of recruits, and rightly so, think about how they will fit into the place they are going to go to school and yes race makes a huge difference some places.

CU has an issue to overcome with recruits who visit Boulder, visit campus, and outside of the athletic complex see very few non-white faces. The counter to that is if the staff can show them how many players, especially minority players, become so comfortable that they stay and make Colorado their residence after their playing days are over.

Keeping race out of sports would be the ideal but the reality says the kid is going to be living someplace away from home for multiple years. Until our society figures things out it is a factor that has to be considered.

My kid has had the mistaken impression as of late that the TV has been his sole dominion. So to put the little bastard in his place, I've been finding old football games on Youtube and putting them on the TV. Plus, he might come to legit conclusion that football is awesome and the ****ing Power Rangers aren't.

Anyway, yesterday was November 23rd, 2001's turn. I don't believe I have ever enjoyed a finer 20 minutes of football the way I enjoyed the way CU came out and lit the Nubs up. 35-3, and a bull**** holding call on Lucier was the only reason it wasn't 42-3, with a TD on every Buffs possession.

Lost in the joy of 62-36 is the fact that the Buffs fell asleep for the next 30 minutes of football and let the Nubs make it interesting for a fleeting moment, before Chris Brown took over.

You have to wonder though - if CU doesn't foolishly put it on cruise control, letting the Nubs have false hope before stepping on their throats, do we get crying Nebraska kid?

I’m not sure Nebraska will ever truly be exposed for what they are because they excel at always promoting the brand no matter what. I’ll never forget back in 2016, 3 Huskers knelt during the anthem and received as nasty of backlash as you’d expect. And not just in the “maybe they’re making it up!” way, but visible nastiness over twitter and other social media including words like lynching. Despite Nebraska being in the news for the racist threats, regents demanded the 3 players be kicked off the team. They received virtually no backlash for this.

One of the 3 players, Daishon Neal, tweeted a few days ago that kneeling ruined his career. Not only did they eviscerate him on 247, saying things like “BLM is being used as an excuse to push personal agendas and make excuses for why things didn’t go your way in life,” but they, of course, made sure to tweet their feelings at him as well. Meanwhile, they are all tap dancing that Iowa is having to deal with some systemic racial issues. It’s a cult. And it gives me flashbacks to the Callier BS where even the “good” Nebraska fans were saying things like, “well I don’t approve of using the N word, but if he didn’t try to injure Martinez then he wouldn’t have been called that.”

And they have a thread on 247 about how they can best exploit this scenario to show Lincoln welcomes all cultures and get the recruits coming in droves. And as hilarious as this is, I would bet multiple paychecks that the staff and administration has already thought of things like this.

2kT9i3B.jpg

But Frost added a detail Monday that he hadn’t before about Martinez’s play in 2019, and why it’ll be different in 2020. He has more competition from redshirt freshman quarterback Luke McCaffrey, and he’s preparing this year like he did when he was a true freshman in 2018.

“It’s his mindset and his approach,” Frost said. “He came in his first year and had to compete for that spot, and he looked like a competitor every single day in practice. Year two, I think because of the situation, he was able to put it in cruise control a little, and I think that showed up on the field a little more. That’s not to put everything on him ... but I don’t think he’ll be lax in his preparation ever again.”

I don’t think this makes Frost seem as blameless as he thinks it does. Took one spring practice to throw coach Walters under the bus too, the man lives for it.

But Frost added a detail Monday that he hadn’t before about Martinez’s play in 2019, and why it’ll be different in 2020. He has more competition from redshirt freshman quarterback Luke McCaffrey, and he’s preparing this year like he did when he was a true freshman in 2018.

“It’s his mindset and his approach,” Frost said. “He came in his first year and had to compete for that spot, and he looked like a competitor every single day in practice. Year two, I think because of the situation, he was able to put it in cruise control a little, and I think that showed up on the field a little more. That’s not to put everything on him ... but I don’t think he’ll be lax in his preparation ever again.”

I don’t think this makes Frost seem as blameless as he thinks it does. Took one spring practice to throw coach Walters under the bus too, the man lives for it.
Weird, because they won one more game in 2019 than they did in 2018. Maybe they should have out Martinez on cruise control sooner.
And LMFAO at the idea that Luke McCafferey is somehow going to resurrect that program.

Weird, because they won one more game in 2019 than they did in 2018. Maybe they should have out Martinez on cruise control sooner.
And LMFAO at the idea that Luke McCafferey is somehow going to resurrect that program.
They shouldn't call it recruiting, they should call it searching for a miracle.

They have devolved into the yearly search for the savior be it a coach or a quarterback.

As they figure out that this one isn't it they just move on to the next.

Only Nebraska fans absolve Frost of Martinez’s poor performances after that quote. The rest of the world understands the concept of a Head Coaches’ accountability.

Back