What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Looks like I have another favorite Big Ten West team in addition to Iowa. What's even better is that their AD has kept the Nebraska style of football going while Nebraska is trying to restart that under Coach Frosty.

At least ****braska was one to lead the way in the Big Ten to get the talks going and find solutions to get the season going. It may not work out for the B1G.

All I see from CU is their team screwing off and taking team hikes while their leadership sits around taking a paycheck for nothing. Except the coaches are putting together a mediocre 2021 recruiting class. Nothing to be proud of for sure.

Yep! I know what's coming next: "Scoreboard dip****!"

The Big Ten wouldn't shed any tears over losing their only non-AAU school. I don't think Nebraska was in any leadership capacity and weren't they in the Legends division? The glory Cornhusker years are becoming more urban legend each passing season in the Big Ten and Little Four.

I'd worry more about getting those recruits to stay in Stinklon before worrying about a former rival's recruiting rankings if I were you. Aren't you a Buff fan in Cornhusker fan skin?

You will know how seriously the Nub administration takes their football when they extend Scott Frost's contract after losing two more games to CU in the coming years. And then we will laugh at Cornhusker fans having to accept the fact that their school & fanbase isn't much different from CU's fanbase.

Ohio State got a favorable schedule, imagine that. Hey, gotta credit the B1G though, they knew that tOSU had a CFP caliber team.
They’re clearly the best team and it likely wouldn’t matter, but they’d be crazy to make it harder for them than it needs to be, especially when they already play PSU and UM

The Nubs had winnable non-divison games in the original 2020 schedule replaced with OSU and PSU.

There's no way that was unintentional. The BIG is putting them in their place. Another losing season in Lincoln.
They are getting slapped back down.

They were going to have another losing season anyways though.

Just because those games looked "winnable" doesn't meant that they would actually win them, they have been losing a lot of games recently that they didn't expect to.

Snowflakes gonna snowflake:

Nebraska publicly talked about how it wanted fall football more than any other Big Ten school. On Wednesday, the Big Ten said fall football would happen on Oct. 24.

Nebraska is still not happy.

The conference unveiled its schedule on Saturday and its existence gave Nebraska another chance to complain. The Huskers open at Big Ten favorite Ohio State on Oct. 24 before Big Ten West favorite Wisconsin travels to Lincoln for Week 2.

“For obvious reasons, I was hoping we could dissemble the schedule because of unique circumstances and rebuild it to be fair for each school in the conference,” athletic director Bill Moos told the Omaha World-Herald on Saturday. “I was outspoken on that, to the point where they heard it from me every day. The rationale was there, I didn’t think we needed to follow it. Nebraska is playing five AP preseason top 25 teams. Ohio State is playing two.”

“I’m sure my friend [Ohio State athletic director] Gene Smith is smiling today. His friend Bill Moos is not. I’ve got a good football team with a great football coach that deserves a break here or there to start getting back on track to being a contender in the Big Ten West.”

Weaker teams play tougher schedules because their opponents are better. And when you’re ranked like Ohio State was in August, there are fewer ranked teams in your conference that you can play. It’s simple math. Ohio State’s schedule was already set to be easier than Nebraska’s.

The Big Ten’s logic in building the schedule was also simple. Nebraska was scheduled to play Ohio State and Penn State and Rutgers before the pandemic hit as part of its nine-game schedule. Ohio State was its protected crossover opponent, and Penn State was scheduled to visit Lincoln while Rutgers was one of five originally-scheduled road games. That math left the Rutgers game on the chopping block as the Big Ten sought to make sure each team had four home games and four road games in 2020.

Yet here we are with a Nebraska that ended up getting its way still finding something to gripe about. Nebraska’s tantrum when the Big Ten initially postponed the football season to the spring was childish and hilarious. Yeah, it’s one of just two schools in the Big Ten that doesn’t have a pro sports team in the same state. But Nebraska is also the only show in town because it’s in a state with five electoral votes, the fewest of any Big Ten state.

If Nebraska wants a break, it needs to start setting itself up for those breaks on the football field. The once-proud Big Eight team has fallen flat on its face lately in the Big Ten. This is a Nebraska team that lost to Northern Illinois at home in 2017, to Troy at home in 2018 and had a four-game losing streak in 2019 to fall out of bowl contention. You can’t complain about logical scheduling when you’ve won 13 games over the past three years.

- Nick Bromberg

Last edited:
“For obvious reasons, I was hoping we could dissemble the schedule because of unique circumstances and rebuild it to be fair for each school in the conference,” athletic director Bill Moos told the Omaha World-Herald on Saturday.

His (k)Nebraska education checks out.
dissemble
verb
1: to hide under a false appearance
dissembling the facts

2: to put on the appearance of : SIMULATE
She lay down and dissembled sleep.

Actually, on second thought, he may have been using the word correctly and the huskers merely want to simulate playing Ohio State.

Ohio State avoids Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota from the West. I’m sure that was on accident.

Wisconsin avoids tOSU, PSU, and to a lesser extent MSU, from the East.

That’s your B1G CG, per usual.

Well they can't make their desire OSU-Wisconsin championship that obvious can they? I don't see how you can pick Nassar State over anybody but Maryland and Rutgers in that division.

Back