What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Wisconsin also seems conspicuously absent (I guess UW lists their official colors as "Cardinal and white" which may explain it)
Garnet. Not red.
Pedanticly speaking:
Oklahoma - Crimson and cream
Iowa State - Cardinal and Gold
Alabama - Crimson (obviously) and white
Ohio State - Scarlet and white…and silver……and black
USC - Scarlet and Gold
Arkansas - Scarlet and white
Indiana - Crimson and cream

Nebraska - scarlet and cream

ONLY Georgia from those pictured actually lists RED as an official color. So yeah, they just straight up didn’t want to add Nebraska. It wasn’t a technicality.

Pedanticly speaking:
Oklahoma - Crimson and cream
Iowa State - Cardinal and Gold
Alabama - Crimson (obviously) and white
Ohio State - Scarlet and white…and silver……and black
USC - Scarlet and Gold
Arkansas - Scarlet and white
Indiana - Crimson and cream

****braska - scarlet and cream

ONLY Georgia from those pictured actually lists RED as an official color. So yeah, they just straight up didn’t want to add ****braska. It wasn’t a technicality.
Simple.

They kept it to schools that matter.

Yeah - Indiana is on there but no Wisconsin? Stanford? ****braska? Wut?

Honestly, red is ****braska’s identity. I’d would be like if they asked which team wears black best and left us off but put Purdue and Vanderbilt on there.
Doesn’t nub red “burn brighter”. I remember seeing that slogan during the 2018 game and thought they really left themselves wide open for interpretation on that. I chuckled out loud when I saw it plastered on the side of a bus, when I was in Stincoln a couple weeks ago. Then used the slogan to take a pot shot at a buddy/nub fan complaining about Frosty. Reality is setting in, but I’m sure once late July/August comes around…the Kool-aid cups will be empty and baseless arrogance will be high.

We need a gofundme for you to come out to Folsom to hang out with us for a weekend. I feel bad for you living in that corn-infested ****hole to the east.

while not Folsom, I will be making my way to Manitou in late July/August. Second time in about nine months. I wanted to get my daughter out for one last trip before kindergarten starts. The original plan was to stay in Denver at the Oxford for an extended weekend for her birthday, but wasn’t sure what school would be like during mid-October. I was hoping the Buffs would be at home during that weekend, but those plans were squashed before I could check the schedule.

So, It’ll be a great birthday present for me, driving westbound on I-80, seeing all these ****ty Nebraska towns (they get ****tier and ****tier with each pass), until I get across the state line. I don’t even mind paying the E-470 tolls to loop around I-25 until I absolutely have to!

Seems that Nub fans want to deny that NU tried to back out of the OU game this fall, but OU AD now confirms it according to Berry Tramel, a 60-year-old columnist for The Oklahoman according to Nub Homer
"To be blunt about it, it ignited a lot of talk about how far Nebraska football has fallen, and what a state of affairs that it must be for them to consider that decision," Tramel said.
Same Homer (Sipple) seems ticked that Draftkings picks NU to win 6 games. I can seriously see them winning 3. When they are destroyed by Oklahoma, I think the Scott Frost era will end. They will beat Fordham (they have a football team?) and likely Buffalo, but it will be close. Then either Purdue or Northwestern at home, but unlikely both. However, if the score is really bad at OU, they could actually go winless from there.

Last edited:
That same article talks about how in Frost's 4th season, he finally has the talent..... Huh? This team is not more talented then 4 years ago. Look at the QB depth chart. This is an awful QB room. Adrian Martinez is nothing if not inconsistent followed by a 2nd year RS frosh that was unheralded out of High School, another True Frosh and a walk-on. None have taken a college snap. This says disaster all over it.

Time to get my DraftKing account fired up. They aren't winning 6 games.

That same article talks about how in Frost's 4th season, he finally has the talent..... Huh? This team is not more talented then 4 years ago. Look at the QB depth chart. This is an awful QB room. Adrian Martinez is nothing if not inconsistent followed by a 2nd year RS frosh that was unheralded out of High School, another True Frosh and a walk-on. None have taken a college snap. This says disaster all over it.

Time to get my DraftKing account fired up. They aren't winning 6 games.
Adrian Martinez would have been an excellent QB for them. . . . 25 years ago. He was talented when they recruited him but his style of play combined with the deterioration of the level of talent around him meant that he was doomed to failure from the start.

Not only did 62-36 end the Nubs as a national power but even prior to that CU had a part in ending their system as a legitimate way to contend.

People talk about Coach Mac as a motivator and a recruiter and his transitioning to the Buff Bone but people forget that he was at heart a defensive coach. When he started defending the edges with guy like Williams and McGee and Woofork and Brown who could fight off the blocks and defend the option to the sideline the era of the offense Martinez is suited for was on it's way to being over.

Without the ability to dominate with their interior OL the burden of the offense was forced on to Martinez and with the athleticism of today's defenders it is only a matter of time each year until he gets hurt.

And it isn't just Martinez. Had they stuck with a guy like McCaffrey as their next option he would have faced the same reality.

My semi-insider friend says it’s gonna push, and he’s generally one win too optimistic. PFF says 5 wins and that seems like a safe assumption to me. I certainly wouldn’t bet the over.

There’s a bunch of drama behind the scenes. The secret that no insider wants to talk about is that DC Chinander is more of a head coach than Frost is. The players love him and play hard for him while the offense consistently has players wondering wtf is going on. WanDale Robinson, the FOCAL POINT of the offense, transferring away is all you really need to know lol. Luke transferring away to be a #2 somewhere else is also a bad sign. Their homers would tell you that Frost tried to convince Luke to switch to WanDale’s role but that’s hilarious BS. The #3 (now #2) QB is even less of a passer than Luke is and is clearly not ready. My friend says they legitimately would consider playing the walk-on QB if anything happens to Martinez.

Speaking of Martinez, he’s a big source of the drama. The players, especially the defense but really everyone, feel like there is no accountability for him. The rumor going around is that this:

Was largely due to Martinez not wanting to go to a bowl game and the defense was LIVID. By all accounts, the defense spent all of spring ball humiliating the offense and taking out frustration on Martinez was a big reason why. They feel he’s a walking TO. Expecting some more attrition on offense too.

The defense managed to bring back every single draft eligible defender so they’re hoping it’s at worst a top 25 defense that can carry them to a bowl game. We will see.

My semi-insider friend says it’s gonna push, and he’s generally one win too optimistic. PFF says 5 wins and that seems like a safe assumption to me. I certainly wouldn’t bet the over.

There’s a bunch of drama behind the scenes. The secret that no insider wants to talk about is that DC Chinander is more of a head coach than Frost is. The players love him and play hard for him while the offense consistently has players wondering wtf is going on. WanDale Robinson, the FOCAL POINT of the offense, transferring away is all you really need to know lol. Luke transferring away to be a #2 somewhere else is also a bad sign. Their homers would tell you that Frost tried to convince Luke to switch to WanDale’s role but that’s hilarious BS. The #3 (now #2) QB is even less of a passer than Luke is and is clearly not ready. My friend says they legitimately would consider playing the walk-on QB if anything happens to Martinez.

Speaking of Martinez, he’s a big source of the drama. The players, especially the defense but really everyone, feel like there is no accountability for him. The rumor going around is that this:

Was largely due to Martinez not wanting to go to a bowl game and the defense was LIVID. By all accounts, the defense spent all of spring ball humiliating the offense and taking out frustration on Martinez was a big reason why. They feel he’s a walking TO. Expecting some more attrition on offense too.

The defense managed to bring back every single draft eligible defender so they’re hoping it’s at worst a top 25 defense that can carry them to a bowl game. We will see.

All hatred for the corn aside that defense isn't a top 25 defense in the country.

They have some NFL talent there but they also have some gaps and almost no depth.

It is going to get ugly for them when the offense can't control the ball and is constantly putting the D in ugly positions.

After getting beat by Illinois in their opener any illusions they had for a breakout season will be gone. They then likely split the two "easy" games before getting destroyed by an Oklahoma team that will be looking for a big number. At that point they will already be playing out the string (and Martinez will already be out injured.)

Michigan State will be looking to put a hurt on them then the fun begins with only Purdue not being a big favorite over them.

Five wins would be a fantastic season for them, three is most likely and two wouldn't be a shock. That might be enough to get Frosty on his way out of the program like so many of his recruits.

Chinanders defenses are a terrible fit in the Big 10! His UCF defense was an all-or-nothing deal, as they went for the kill and turnover all the time, rather than actually stopping people. He is not a qualified big-time DC in a conference like the B10.

The trip west from Iowa City is a shorter one after a loss to the Hawkeyes than when the Husker fans had to drive East from Boulder after that L.

If those Cornheads return in 2023 with similar numbers of fans, that would be the definition of insanity.

We need to have a series with the Hawkeyes again though.

Adrian Martinez would have been an excellent QB for them. . . . 25 years ago. He was talented when they recruited him but his style of play combined with the deterioration of the level of talent around him meant that he was doomed to failure from the start.

Not only did 62-36 end the Nubs as a national power but even prior to that CU had a part in ending their system as a legitimate way to contend.

People talk about Coach Mac as a motivator and a recruiter and his transitioning to the Buff Bone but people forget that he was at heart a defensive coach. When he started defending the edges with guy like Williams and McGee and Woofork and Brown who could fight off the blocks and defend the option to the sideline the era of the offense Martinez is suited for was on it's way to being over.

Without the ability to dominate with their interior OL the burden of the offense was forced on to Martinez and with the athleticism of today's defenders it is only a matter of time each year until he gets hurt.

And it isn't just Martinez. Had they stuck with a guy like McCaffrey as their next option he would have faced the same reality.
:ROFLMAO:Osborne only won 3 national championships against those defenses. The Big 12 killed the fuskers with the end of non-qualifiers and a reduction in partial qualifiers.

I think their schedule is tough enough to where this season could go seriously off the rails if they're not careful-

@Illinois-Illinois went into Lincoln LY and beat them by 3 scores. Can't chalk that up as a gimme.
Fordham-They play football? W.
Buffalo-One of the better G5 teams. Let's give them this one too.
@Oklahoma-Only question is does OU cover?
@Michigan State-This is on the road. Probably a pick 'em.
Northwestern-They won the B1G West last year.
Michigan-I'm not sure what Big Blue has coming back, but they weren't good last year. If NU gets a "we're back" kind of win, its gotta come here doesn't it?
@Minnesota-PJ Fleck took a team to Lincoln that was barely above the number needed to play last year because of COVID and got a win. You can't pick NU to beat him on the road.
Purdue-Must win game for them.
Ohio State-Again, the only question is does OSU cover?
@Wisconsin-They're not winning in Madison.
Iowa-The nubs haven't been Iowa since 2014. How can you pick NU here?

I've already decided I'm gonna take the under on them-and the idea that they go 2-10 isn't that far-fetched to at least me. A bowl bid probably takes a win or two over somebody they're not supposed to beat, and they've never done that under Frost.

I think their schedule is tough enough to where this season could go seriously off the rails if they're not careful-

@Illinois-Illinois went into Lincoln LY and beat them by 3 scores. Can't chalk that up as a gimme.
Michigan-I'm not sure what Big Blue has coming back, but they weren't good last year. If NU gets a "we're back" kind of win, its gotta come here doesn't it?
@Minnesota-PJ Fleck took a team to Lincoln that was barely above the number needed to play last year because of COVID and got a win. You can't pick NU to beat him on the road.

I've already decided I'm gonna take the under on them-and the idea that they go 2-10 isn't that far-fetched to at least me. A bowl bid probably takes a win or two over somebody they're not supposed to beat, and they've never done that under Frost.
That is a 3-9 schedule right there for the Nubs.

Illinois is getting better, fuskers aren't, that's a loss.
Buffalo is the kind of team they have been losing to since Frosty got there, wouldn't put my money on the fuskers in this one.
Mel is feeling the heat, home game for them against a beatable opponent, another loss for the corn.
Harbaugh feeling heat in Michigan, needs wins and he has better talent. Another loss for Frosty and likely to be a couple of scores.
Purdue is a chance for the fuskers to get a win in the middle of a bunch of beatings but will they even still care at this point. Martinez and a number of other key players will be out with injuries by now and they don't have depth.
The rest aren't even worth discussing because they are no hopers.

Might be though that with some big margin losses Moos may try to save his job by firing Frost. In this case they might get a one or two game boost with the interim HC.

Back