What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Arizona Game Thread

I’m not sold on Tucker as a good X’s and O’s guy on defense...
giphy.gif

We need TDs instead of FGs to have a chance to win. A couple of no excuse misses, Arias' drop and 1st down inside the 5 in the 4th quarter. But then Tate would have just gone for a TD in 5-6 plays again at the end.

It's always terrible play calling when the plays don't work. What we don't know is what was missed by the players.

I actually thought our coaches did a good job of keeping us in this game. We got nothing at RG, our defense was a MASH unit, and the situations our offense kept failing at are the very ones that Viska wins for us.

Still feel like we could have won and maybe should have won, but UA was better positioned to win today based on our Buffs not being anywhere close to full strength. Our margin for being able to win is slim.
Absolutely not on the coaches. Defense was triage and our QB let down the offense... again.

Defense is the problem. You have to hold somebody, anybody, to less than 30 ppg. Likewise, you have to hold somebody to less than 439 yds/gm.

This D is nearly giving up a quarter mile in yardage a game.

It isn't like they have played murderer's row. Two mtn. weenie div. teams, a middling B1G Integer team and two middling P12 teams. Atrocious.

Last edited:
Heh.

I like Tucker, but his defensive staff is weak. Changes are needed in the worst way.
And no excuses about money. RG needs to figure it out.
Agreed. But that’s a separate argument from Tucker not understanding the Xs and Os on defense. His career would scream otherwise.
Tucker definitely knows his **** from an X’s and Os standpoint. Every Head Coach at this level does. I also think he is a great leader and will ultimately be a really good HC, but he needs to prove he is going to be different than the last guy and make sure he has the best possible staff each and every year.

Tucker definitely knows his **** from an X’s and Os standpoint. Every Head Coach at this level does. I also think he is a great leader and will ultimately be a really good HC, but he needs to prove he is going to be different than the last guy and make sure he has the best possible staff each and every year.
and recruit his balls off.

Again, as I said to Duff and will repeat here- I am not making an argument about the staff. You two brought that part up.

Folks
We were playing our 3rd and 4th string Safeties. Safeties getting burned on deep throws was the issue.
KD was not in the last few series?
Mustafa would have made plays!
Played a true freshman corner all day (Trujillo actually played well)
Agreed that the D has to stop people, but damn they got no experienced bodies. Arizona out schemed us today taking advantage of no corners or safeties.
I love Tucker, and I trust him to fix everything.
Arizona not having any penalties needs an FBI Investigation, that was BS

The only silver lining is that Trujillo seemed to play OK, at least I didn’t notice anything, which is usually a good sign for a CB.

Thought Rakestraw was decent outside of his horrible angle on their first long play.

Abrams was pretty good.

Back