What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Kansas State Score Prediction Thread

I have a good feeling about this game, same feeling I had before UCF.
CU 34
KSU 20
Our WR depth is too much for their defensive backfield and we get ahead by 2 scores. KSU can’t muster a passing attack, and we hold on for a win.

K-State doesn't get a ton of pressure on the QB and the DBs are pretty meh. If Darien Mensah can put up 342 and 2, SS2 should be fine. I expect they will have some big plays, but not enough. I see a game very similar to the NDSU game in terms of flow - tight throughout, but we outlast them.

CU - 31
K-State 27

If Shurmur and Shedeur don't screw things up by play calling and too much 10P and not enough run plays to get KSU out of 3-5-3 defense where they drop 8 like Nebraska did, .
CU rolls. My prediction is Colorado 38 KState 14
If K-State runs a 3-5-3 defense, CU will win by 50

If K-State runs a 3-5-3 defense, CU will win by 50
1728675991559.png

All Day Disney GIF by Marvel Studios

I assume what was meant was "3-3-5"?

That's a pretty common base defense (nickel look from a 3-4).
3-3-5 has given 2 the most trouble this season. But it could just be coincidence that the teams running it were better overall defenses.

Have made it this far in my life without having a single idea (or giving a single ****) what EMAW means. Don't you mother ****ers ruin it for me. At any rate, Buffs 35, Kansas Junior College of Manhattan 28. **** Darren Sproles and Bill Snyder (who I assume is still the coach).
He's still alive.....believe it or not.

I'm sure he'll be on the sidelines in that 2006 Cotton Bowl jacket (or whatever year it was) that he coached in for four seasons straight or whatever it was.

KSU does run a 3-3-5 and figured that's what you meant, but there is a 3-5-3 defense and would be a disaster against a team like CU
Got done looking at some of the all 22 film available (pay wall buffed in prime on patreon)..
For D.. CU would benefit from playing zone, both to protect pass and run, especially pass attempts in the middle of the field. the KState QB locks in on his receiver early and if defender can see and react, we could see a few pics. Take away his middle routes and wheel routes.. and he is going to struggle and when in zone, easier to see if guard pulls to set up QB runs and to keep an eye on Johnson to stop and contain his run attempts.
Only solid defenders for KState imo are #8,32, and 56.

On offense for CU.. just need to commit to run whenever KState is likely to drop 8, which they often do when the run 3-3-5 showing 3-5 with corners outside in box or close to it.
and K State D can be attacked with pass medium deep middle, almost at will when they are not dropping 8, so that is why one of keys for CU is to penalize them for doing that with a strong run game. Dallan and other RB's should easily average almost a minimum average 5 plus per carry running whenever they drop 8. With Dallan's running style best suited to get most out of it. So hopefully CU will not force difficult pass attempts against 7 or 8 dropped in coverage and run, run, run.. when KState gives them the run. Would love to see more play action and motion, not sure we will, but it would help O. imo. Nuff said and nuff edited.. ;-)

Last edited:
Got done looking at some of the all 22 film available..
For D.. CU would benefit from playing zone, especially in the middle of the field. the KState QB locks in on his receiver early and if defender can see and react, we could see a few pics. Take away his middle routes and wheel routes.. and he is going to struggle and when in zone, easier to see if guard pulls to set up QB runs and to keep an eye on Johnson to stop and contain his run attempts.
Only solid defenders for KState imo are #8,32, and 56.
On offense for CU.. just need to commit to run whenever KState is likely to drop 8.
and their d can be attacked with pass medium deep middle, almost at will when not dropping 8 and Dallan and other RB's should easily almost a minimum average 5 plus per carry running whenever they drop 8. So hopefully CU will not force difficult pass attempts against 7 or 8 dropped in coverage and run, run, run.. Would love to see more play action and motion, not sure we will, but it would help O. imo.
Where do you find all 22 film?

Where do you find all 22 film?
The buffedinprime guys make it available on patreon for level two and up.. so it costs a few bucks behind a pay wall. For games covered by ESPN or made available to ESPN, it can be available if you can get the ESPN app, which features the All-22 camera, showing all 22 players on the field at once.

Last edited:
Back