What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Kansas State Score Prediction Thread

I predict that this place goes total nuclear meltdown even before the kickoff. we will be confronted with late breaking facts that will convince us doom awaits.

CU will win by 30+.

the dude your opinion GIF

Exciting game. Playing NDSU football under former BISON head coach Chris Klieman, Kansas State pulled out the road win. We got in early, the Monday of the bye week and paid $110 for 5.5 pts and Kansas State. Our net was $90 and we are now up $570 mining this Co gold. We will be checking things out concerning this upcoming AZ game. It would be nice to be close to a thousand for the FCS playoffs but if no more opportunities present themselves the $570 we have will have to do. Don’t forget to pay yourself and play on house money. Our GAM - Game Analyzer Mechanism - system has never had a losing season. Remember, it’s not the spread it’s the odds. KISS is the name of the game. Keep It Simple Stupid. Don’t let them take advantage of you.

Got done looking at some of the all 22 film available (pay wall buffed in prime on patreon)..
For D.. CU would benefit from playing zone, both to protect pass and run, especially pass attempts in the middle of the field. the KState QB locks in on his receiver early and if defender can see and react, we could see a few pics. Take away his middle routes and wheel routes.. and he is going to struggle and when in zone, easier to see if guard pulls to set up QB runs and to keep an eye on Johnson to stop and contain his run attempts.
Only solid defenders for KState imo are #8,32, and 56.

On offense for CU.. just need to commit to run whenever KState is likely to drop 8, which they often do when the run 3-3-5 showing 3-5 with corners outside in box or close to it.
and K State D can be attacked with pass medium deep middle, almost at will when they are not dropping 8, so that is why one of keys for CU is to penalize them for doing that with a strong run game. Dallan and other RB's should easily average almost a minimum average 5 plus per carry running whenever they drop 8. With Dallan's running style best suited to get most out of it. So hopefully CU will not force difficult pass attempts against 7 or 8 dropped in coverage and run, run, run.. when KState gives them the run. Would love to see more play action and motion, not sure we will, but it would help O. imo. Nuff said and nuff edited.. ;-)
Most post game folks believe strongly that Isaiah Augustave is by far our best RB, and I agree
Sounds like he does not fully practice at 110%, so he loses out on touches
I agree with everything else you are saying and we did not follow any of it last night
So painful

Most post game folks believe strongly that Isaiah Augustave is by far our best RB, and I agree
Sounds like he does not fully practice at 110%, so he loses out on touches
I agree with everything else you are saying and we did not follow any of it last night
So painful
I wonder if this will evolve during the Prime Era (assuming it's for some length).

With the heavy roster churn in the first two years, it's necessary to reward the guys who positively define the culture that you're trying to instill in your guys. I know Prime doesn't like to talk about "culture", but he talks a lot about doing things the right way.

As the right way becomes ingrained, maybe there's a little more leeway to starting the talent that does enough of the right things at practice, but maybe aren't superstars in terms of effort, hours of video review, etc.

Back