What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Utah Game Thread

The only real thing I took away from this game is that while we have been dicking around with ****ty coaches, Utah has successfully planted themselves in the top tier of the Pac-12.

Whittingham is so much better than Embree and MM, it's laughable. Now that we have a real coach, hopefully we can start closing that gap.

Well, bye Montez. I hope you have a valuable degree.

I still miss Sefo.
I miss Sefo as well but it's amazing how he has become an all-American in three years. People forget about his terrible pick six's thrown in the flats and the short zones. People forget about him running right into a tackler when a move to one side or the other would have gotten the first down. People forget about him launching the ball ten yards past a wide open deep PRich multiple times.

Sefo was a much more likeable than Montez but honestly was not a night and day better QB.

I wish that Montez had been more serious about being a leader and a mental QB. I wish that Montez had made better decisions and been more aggressive as a runner.

I am not going to wish him ill will, instead I wish him well. He went out there every week. He took some brutal hits and got up to keep playing. He played on some lousy teams with lousy coaching and for the most part stayed positive.

Rip on him if you want. Let him be your scapegoat. I'll pass on all that and give him credit for being a Buff. Far from a perfect Buff but he has been a Buff.

Is this a joke or do we actually have three players wearing #1 this year?

Montez last snap was a perfect example of his play post 2016. Not saying it wasn't blocked well but he basically fell into the fetal position. I don't remember him maybe ever stepping up to deliver a throw and taking a shot
Clearly Montez didn’t like getting his body pummeled. Which raises the question, why the **** would he want to play in the NFL? The pummelers are bigger, faster, more vicious -

Of course it’s $$ and if he got really lucky, he could make a team and sit on the bench, thus rarely having to encounter those mean monsters.

Best news of the night... last snap we have to watch of Montez shriveling while running for a first or doing the fatman shuffle jogging on and off the field.

We’ll never be a bowl contender or 8 win team or better as long as we keep employing subpar bcs caliber QBs like Montez and others.

Congrats to Utah. They curb stomped the Buffaloes tonight pretty much as expected.

I myself hope they do the same to the Ducks.

The Buffs are in the same position as ****braska. Both coaches were trying to build something from nothing this season. And they will be working hard in the offseason to fill gaping holes in their rosters.

Oh yea. I know, "scoreboard."
Iowa just kicked another FG.

New time poster here.. proud of the direction of this program and am a Buff fan for life! Lived in Salt Lake City for 2 years a few blocks from Rice Eccles and was never remotely interested in anything Utah Football. I’ve always complained about how massively underwhelming Utah is as a state and got out of there as soon as possible. It can look as pretty as Colorado, but Mormons aside it just lacks the X factor. Now that Mel’s recruiting at a high level we will usurp Utah as the most physical team in the PAC 12. Why pick Utah over Colorado? Only thing Whittingham’s got is the Polys.

Even though I’m not 35 yet, I thought joining this forum would be a good idea considering I’ve lurked allbuffs hard for 6 years. Cheers to the season. Sko buffs and lets top out this recruiting class to a consensus top 25!

Well, hats off to TuckerNuts. He only came up 1 win short. I thought it would be more after the UCLA debacle. He upped his game.

He seems to be recruiting well. That's good because recruiting superior talent is 99% of the CFB game. The other 1% is coaching and/or luck. That 1% can still cause issues though as we saw with the AFA and AZ games.

I look forward to the post-season in 2021.

The only real thing I took away from this game is that while we have been dicking around with ****ty coaches, Utah has successfully planted themselves in the top tier of the Pac-12.

Whittingham is so much better than Embree and MM, it's laughable. Now that we have a real coach, hopefully we can start closing that gap.

My one fear coming into tonight was we'd make some catastrophic mistake (see Stanley's goofy play on the punt early on) that they'd make us pay for-which would lead to the floodgates opening. That didn't happen, and they still beat us by 30. I'm sure the stuff about KW being a d-bag is true-but the guy can flat coach. They deserve that 4th spot.

I miss Sefo as well but it's amazing how he has become an all-American in three years. People forget about his terrible pick six's thrown in the flats and the short zones. People forget about him running right into a tackler when a move to one side or the other would have gotten the first down. People forget about him launching the ball ten yards past a wide open deep PRich multiple times.

Sefo was a much more likeable than Montez but honestly was not a night and day better QB.

I wish that Montez had been more serious about being a leader and a mental QB. I wish that Montez had made better decisions and been more aggressive as a runner.

I am not going to wish him ill will, instead I wish him well. He went out there every week. He took some brutal hits and got up to keep playing. He played on some lousy teams with lousy coaching and for the most part stayed positive.

Rip on him if you want. Let him be your scapegoat. I'll pass on all that and give him credit for being a Buff. Far from a perfect Buff but he has been a Buff.
I was going to post something like this, but you said it well. The Montez haters on here are kinda sad. Yes, he wasn’t a consistently good QB, and probably lost a few games all by himself with horrible overthrows of wide open guys and the inability to read defenses.

But the dude made some incredible NFL-caliber touch passes into the corner over the last 4 years that Sefo (or anybody since maybe Detmer) never made. He gave us some great moments. And he played behind arguably the worst lines over 4 years in the Pac 12. And for multiple sub-par OCs. And knowing teams were gonna tee off on him cuz we were always behind.

So yeah, I’m anxious to move on too cuz I want to see what Tucker can do with this chosen guys. I’m optimistic moving forward. But Montez was a good Buff and I appreciate what he did and wish him luck.

Early on I was a big Montez supporter. Then I turned into a Montez apologist. Tonight was a great example why my support waned, and I always wondered about his teammates support too. Last game as a Buff..... Maybe hoping to impress scouts at the next level.... knowing it would take an extraordinary game to beat Utah... and he slides. HE ****ING SLIDES instead of going after it. What was he saving himself for? What kind of "senior leadership" did it show?

That all said, I'll never ever forget that Oregon game. A once in a lifetime performance.

Onward and upward to whomever HCMT decides to run with. Kool-aid is in the future!

Congrats to Utah. They curb stomped the Buffaloes tonight pretty much as expected.

I myself hope they do the same to the Ducks.

The Buffs are in the same position as ****braska. Both coaches were trying to build something from nothing this season. And they will be working hard in the offseason to fill gaping holes in their rosters.

Oh yea. I know, "scoreboard."

You know what getting cut stomped is. At least we were in it for 3 quarters of the game against a playoff team unlike the huskers who were out of it by the 1st quarter.
There is actually a big big difference between the trajectories of CU and NU right now. It’s not even close really.

You think a brand new HC, not only to CU but also in position, is going to come in and have free reign, especially on a player that has set school records?
I read through this thread after the game. Among all the scorching hot and ice cold takes, this one takes the cake for the dumbest post of the evening. Might even be a contender for dumbest of the year. What coach would come to a school without getting free reign over his roster? Especially one with the resumé that Tucker had coming in.

These are some fair points. I don't dislike Montez, either (which is why I said what I said: I don't think he has a future in football so I hope he is successful elsewhere! I really wasn't being sarcastic!).

Sefo was not perfect by any means, but I miss his leadership and his heart. Montez never had that. Sefo had that; Phillip Lindsay had that. I hope we have a future (or current player that steps up) that has that the way those guys did.

Edited to add: Maybe HCMT will become the "heart" of the team, as opposed to relying on a player, like it should be!

Take away the kick return TD, the FG at the end of the first half after the ****ty punt and the TD on a short field after the failed on side kick and we were right in this thing!!

Yeah I know, pops is from Denver and went to college at Creighton and meet my mom. I did have a good natural sense to me, better dead than red ****ing amen

Ha! I’m in Omaha, too. I just never drank the Kool-aid put in front of me from age 8 on. Even through the excitement of the 90’s, I knew that I could never be a fan.

I was excited for this game. I was pissed about missing the first half. I got excited to see that the Buffs were still in it, when I got home. Then I got frustrated to see them go off of the rails.

Now that Tucker has had a full season to really gauge where this team is at, I think we’ll see some changes for the 2020 season. The roots of the culture will go deeper and stronger. The incoming players are ready, some of the current team is ready. Most of the fans are ready. I expect the 2020 Buffs to come out stomping the opposition in the ****ing mouth!

I had the sense that CU played better than a 30 pt beat down. With the exception of a few plays, I didn't get the feeling that CU was 'bad' last night. Utah is clearly a more talented team and made CU pay for almost every mistake they made.

I think Mel Tucker is the right guy to get CU back. I hope we see a huge difference the next time CU and Utah are sharing a field.

I had the sense that CU played better than a 30 pt beat down. With the exception of a few plays, I didn't get the feeling that CU was 'bad' last night. Utah is clearly a more talented team and made CU pay for almost every mistake they made.

I think Mel Tucker is the right guy to get CU back. I hope we see a huge difference the next time CU and Utah are sharing a field.

Agreed. Sometimes you are a no show against a good team (Oregon), sometimes you lay an egg (UCLA, Arizona, Air Force) and sometimes you play well and the other team is flat better. Utah was just better last night.

The results on the field and on the recruiting trail this month have me feeling like Coach Tucker is 100x better than the last 3 jokers we've had this past decade plus, but we have some catching up to do.

Ha! I’m in Omaha, too. I just never drank the Kool-aid put in front of me from age 8 on. Even through the excitement of the 90’s, I knew that I could never be a fan.

I was excited for this game. I was pissed about missing the first half. I got excited to see that the Buffs were still in it, when I got home. Then I got frustrated to see them go off of the rails.

Now that Tucker has had a full season to really gauge where this team is at, I think we’ll see some changes for the 2020 season. The roots of the culture will go deeper and stronger. The incoming players are ready, some of the current team is ready. Most of the fans are ready. I expect the 2020 Buffs to come out stomping the opposition in the ****ing mouth!

Back