What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Cal @ CU Thread - 10/28 @ 12 PM MT Pac-12 Network

Definitely a must win. I also feel wsu is a must win.

just do not see us beating usc or utah this season and asu (this game scares me) is playing really well with an experienced QB and semi stacked roster.

Definitely a must win. I also feel wsu is a must win.

just do not see us beating usc or utah this season and asu (this game scares me) is playing really well with an experienced QB and semi stacked roster.

ASU is a bigger game than WSU. I think a lot of people on here watched the ASU-UW game and are freaking out because ASU pulled the upset. Reality is its an anomaly. Several things with that game-One, ASU rarely ever blitzed like we're used to seeing from Todd Graham coached teams. I saw a lot of 3 or 4 man rushes and a lot of guys back in coverage. Don't expect that to continue. Two, Washington was incompetent offensively-they had 230 yards of total offense (Arizona State gives up more than double that) and (UW averages 38 points and 403 yards). Here's another thing-As of right now, Taz is 5th in the NCAA in rushing at 995 yards. They've seen Bryce Love-he went for 301 on them and Rashad Penny-he went for 216. He's going to have a day that night. Here's my point-It will be a tough game, but let's not talk about ASU like they're a top 10 caliber team. They're .500, and they very well could be 3-5 when we go down there. We've got a shot to get a W there.

Last edited:
ASU is a bigger game than WSU. I think a lot of people on here watched the ASU-UW game and are freaking out because ASU pulled the upset. Reality is its an anomaly. Several things with that game-One, ASU rarely ever blitzed like we're used to seeing from Todd Graham coached teams. I saw a lot of 3 or 4 man rushes and a lot of guys back in coverage. Don't expect that to continue. Two, Washington was incompetent offensively-they had 230 yards of total offense (Arizona State gives up more than double that) and (UW averages 38 points and 403 yards). Here's another thing-As of right now, Taz is 5th in the NCAA in rushing at 995 yards. They've seen Bryce Love-he went for 301 on them and Rashad Penny-he went for 216. He's going to have a day that night. Here's my point-It will be a tough game, but let's not talk about ASU like they're a top 10 caliber team. They're .500, and they very well could be 3-5 when we go down there. We've got a shot to get a W there.

I would agree, but seeing this defense let teams score on them nearly every drive, its difficult to be hopeful. But, some good points nonetheless. ...

I would agree, but seeing this defense let teams score on them nearly every drive, its difficult to be hopeful. But, some good points nonetheless. ...

Javier Edwards should be back this week....right? He's a work in progress......but if you're a 3-4 and you're missing your starting NT (especially one who is as large as Edwards is), you're bound to look bad. He's so big that he's gotta occupy a double, which makes the rest of the front seven's lives easier

Last edited:
Javier Edwards should be back this week....right? He's a work in progress......but if you're a 3-4 and you're missing your starting NT (especially one who is as large as Edwards is), you're bound to look bad. He's so big that he's gotta occupy a double, which makes the rest of the front seven's lives easier

Sure, if he's not getting stood up and drilled to the ground 90% of the game.

Gonna be in Boulder for this one with the whole family and counting it as a college visit for the twins.
Hoping this one will be as exciting and as much as a clincher for them as my visit in 1989 was when CU beat the fuskers 26-21.
Unfortunately, no men's volleyball at CU, so that may be a down check. :cry:

Gonna be in Boulder for this one with the whole family and counting it as a college visit for the twins.
Hoping this one will be as exciting and as much as a clincher for them as my visit in 1989 was when CU beat the fuskers 26-21.
Unfortunately, no men's volleyball at CU, so that may be a down check. :cry:
Making the trip as well. See you there!

Educated guesses are saying that he is north of 380lbs. At that size he is being handled one on one by the center.

When I saw his JC film I was impressed by a big guy who managed to get off the ball quickly, was fairly athletic, and was able to cover multiple inside gaps.

The coaches may think completely differently but I think he needs to lose about 60lbs. With the extra weight he is slow getting out of his stance, by the time he is up to engage the center has already gotten into him and is moving him. As the play develops he is not able to move effectively to meet it.

The kickoff time is annoying. Not sure what to do for the tailgate. Grrrrr.

OTOH, I really enjoy day games. So I’ll suck it up.

Educated guesses are saying that he is north of 380lbs. At that size he is being handled one on one by the center.

When I saw his JC film I was impressed by a big guy who managed to get off the ball quickly, was fairly athletic, and was able to cover multiple inside gaps.

The coaches may think completely differently but I think he needs to lose about 60lbs. With the extra weight he is slow getting out of his stance, by the time he is up to engage the center has already gotten into him and is moving him. As the play develops he is not able to move effectively to meet it.

Agree completely. He needs to lose weight and work on his lower body strength at the same time.

Of course, coaching him to launch himself at a lower angle at the snap would help, but I was thinking about that - if he's really overweight, his situation might be that he either goes way too high off the snap or literally falls flat on his face.

His off-season should consist on losing a **** ton of weight, lower body strengthening, agility drills, and a whole lot of technique work.

Will be a tough game. I'll be there.

Cal plays smart. Game plan is usually perfect. Have gotten beaten by pure skill (UW) and by skill combined with lack of experience from a young QB (USC). They're still young enough that playing on the road vs home can make a huge difference. Hope this one swings in our favor.

Happy to see that it's a day game. Should be relatively nice up there at noon.

After beating WSU - CAL believes they can make a bowl game.and see that they need 2 wins from the Arizona, Colorado, and Oregon State. Game worries me as CAL appears to be on the rise under Wilcox.

After beating WSU - CAL believes they can make a bowl game.and see that they need 2 wins from the Arizona, Colorado, and Oregon State. Game worries me as CAL appears to be on the rise under Wilcox.
Most Cal fans feel that a win against UCLA is also possible. Most of us are expecting 6-7 wins at this point. I'll be in Boulder for the one game of the year where I don't root for the Bears.

So weird to see people bitching so much about Edwards. If he is occupying two lineman (which he typically does) he is doing his job. I honestly don't care where he ends up, whether it be the backfield or on his ass.

So weird to see people bitching so much about Edwards. If he is occupying two lineman (which he typically does) he is doing his job. I honestly don't care where he ends up, whether it be the backfield or on his ass.

Problem is that he isn't occupying two blockers, on a lot of plays he is losing the one on one with the center. Secondly in our 3-4 his job is to make sure that the LOS doesn't get moved. Far to often, especially in the first quarter of games he is getting pushed well back of the LOS, frequently 4-6 yards which means that the RB is getting that kind of yardage consistently leaving the offense in favorable down and distance.

Edwards is not occupying two lineman. He is consistently being pushed back off the LOS several yards by the center. Happened all game against Arizona.

I had posted earlier in this thread (last week) about it being a must win...well, it is most definitely a must win now for, sure if we want any kind of postseason game.

Back