What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Cal @ CU Thread - 10/28 @ 12 PM MT Pac-12 Network

Absolutely a must win. Will be an incredibly tough game. Cal plays very smart, with a lot of effort, is very creative at attacking another team's weakness, and almost always chooses risk over safety in potential game-changing situations.

Absolutely a must win. Will be an incredibly tough game. Cal plays very smart, with a lot of effort, is very creative at attacking another team's weakness, and almost always chooses risk over safety in potential game-changing situations.

They haven't been very good on the road, other than a close win against a terrible UNC team. They lost by three touchdowns to a bad UO team and got crushed by UW.

This is a pivotal game for both schools. The result will pretty much dictate how the rest of the season goes. Also, glad to see that liverflukes is still alive. He’s turned into the Howard Hughes of Cal alums.

This is a pivotal game for both schools. The result will pretty much dictate how the rest of the season goes. Also, glad to see that liverflukes is still alive. He’s turned into the Howard Hughes of Cal alums.

Liverflukes sighting. First on the left.

200w.gif

Honestly, Arizona is still the only game CU has lost that most people predicted they would win in order to get to 7-8+ wins. With that said, Cal at home is definitely a must win, with ASU and Utah on the road.

Honestly, Arizona is still the only game CU has lost that most people predicted they would win in order to get to 7-8+ wins. With that said, Cal at home is definitely a must win, with ASU and Utah on the road.

Actually predictions were all over the place but with people predicting 8 or 9 wins had UCLA as a W and also WSU.

Here is an example prediction:

CSU: W
Texas State: W
UNC: W
Washington: L
@UCLA: W
Arizona: W
@Oregon State: W
@Washington State: L
Cal: W
@Arizona State: W
USC: L
@Utah: W

Does it look familiar.

Actually predictions were all over the place but with people predicting 8 or 9 wins had UCLA as a W and also WSU.

Here is an example prediction:

CSU: W
Texas State: W
UNC: W
Washington: L
@UCLA: W
Arizona: W
@Oregon State: W
@Washington State: L
Cal: W
@Arizona State: W
USC: L
@Utah: W

Does it look familiar.
I'm sure that was mine. So they are 2 games back on my prediction for 9 wins... Had you told me to predict a season in which the Buffs only win 6 games, I probably would have said...

Ws: CSU, TSU, UNC, Arizona, Oregon State and Cal

So far, I'd be 4/5, and I bet most people would have said the same. I still think Cal and ASU are winnable games, and I'm not sold on Utah being special, in which we have a Bye week before. Yes, the expectations have changed after watching this team perform to this point, but how many times have we heard people say that conference games are week-to-week propositions and every conference game is "hard"? This team hasn't put together even close to a complete game yet this year, but have shown flashes from both sides at one time or another. I'm hopeful that they can find enough against Cal, so that they are playing for their bowl lives in the final three.

I will be looking for how the team comes out and plays against CAL. I know many are frustrated but to me I do not see the energy in the team that I would like to see. I think it is caused by a lack of confidence. I believe CAL is going to come in with a lot of energy because Wilcox knows this game is a key to getting to a Bowl game.

Bowers is a young QB who will make mistakes but CU needs to get a pass rush on him.

I will be looking for how the team comes out and plays against CAL. I know many are frustrated but to me I do not see the energy in the team that I would like to see. I think it is caused by a lack of confidence. I believe CAL is going to come in with a lot of energy because Wilcox knows this game is a key to getting to a Bowl game.

Bowers is a young QB who will make mistakes but CU needs to get a pass rush on him.
I agree with much of this. My concern is we haven’t generated much of any pass rush all season - really weird.

I'm sure that was mine. So they are 2 games back on my prediction for 9 wins... Had you told me to predict a season in which the Buffs only win 6 games, I probably would have said...

Ws: CSU, TSU, UNC, Arizona, Oregon State and Cal

So far, I'd be 4/5, and I bet most people would have said the same. I still think Cal and ASU are winnable games, and I'm not sold on Utah being special, in which we have a Bye week before. Yes, the expectations have changed after watching this team perform to this point, but how many times have we heard people say that conference games are week-to-week propositions and every conference game is "hard"? This team hasn't put together even close to a complete game yet this year, but have shown flashes from both sides at one time or another. I'm hopeful that they can find enough against Cal, so that they are playing for their bowl lives in the final three.
Good post, and I love the optimism, but....you aren't giving ASU the credit they deserve. They played Stanford well and beat Washington. CU isn't going to beat ASU this year. They have a better shot against Utah....I don't think many of us would have predicted that at the start of the year.

I don't give a damn how it looks or anything. Just have more points at the end. This is a must for CU.

They haven't been very good on the road, other than a close win against a terrible UNC team. They lost by three touchdowns to a bad UO team and got crushed by UW.
Correct. We can only hope that trend continues. They're a young-ish team and the home vs road dynamic seems to still impact them quite a bit.

Lack of leadership, not confidence.

If anything, this team had too much confidence, then didn't have the leadership to hold them together once they found out they weren't as good as they were told they were pre-season.

Keys to winning, quite a few. Gotta run it of course, plus hit some damn pass plays for once. Zero turnovers for CU, they can't play through them. We've gotta force some turnovers though. Also a pass rush wouldn't hurt. One thing I really wanna see is a big play in the return game. Either kickoff or punt, doesn't matter, momentum plays are huge in college football. Limit the stupid ass penalties. I also wouldn't mind blocking a kick or punt. Alot of things, I know. If we can do a few of them, we'll be in it late.

If Noyer starts against Cal it can be dicey - I know that Montez is not playing well but an inexperienced QB does not inspire confidence for me. Plus who is getting the snaps in practice - if they are splitting snaps it means there will not be enough focusing on game planning for the Cal defense. Wilcox and Deruyter are both pretty good defensive minds and I have to believe they are focusing on this game to get them over the hump. Cal beat WSU with their defense and the Cougars have a better offense than CU does.

The Cal game does not set up well, IMO. CU is looking for a QB and Cal is looking for a bowl game.

I'd say who wins the weeks practice should get the nod. If Montez wants his job, he needs to step up and take it. I couldn't say, with a straight face, he's done that. The staff hasn't done him any favors either.

HCMM on whether his emotions ever get the better of him on game day: "No."

This is getting weird.

HCMM on whether his emotions ever get the better of him on game day: "No."

This is getting weird.

And when asked what had him so upset, he wouldn't comment. Very strange. Not a good look at all. Can't imagine his boss is happy with either the sideline antics or the (lack of) response here.

And when asked what had him so upset, he wouldn't comment. Very strange. Not a good look at all. Can't imagine his boss is happy with either the sideline antics or the (lack of) response here.

I'm sure his boss is delighted that he did not say why he was upset. We all know why he was upset. Blasting the refs in a press conference three days after the game would be the bad look.

Back