What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CFB Playoff discussion thread

I agree-chances of it happening are low, but still. My guess is 12-1 OSU actually goes and Wisconsin would go to the Rose Bowl. They'd have wins over Wisky, Penn State, and Michigan. Hard to pass that up for Oklahoma IMO-Land Thief resume if they won out is a sweep over Baylor.
I could see it with a loss to Michigan and a championship victory. But, a loss to a very flawed Wisconsin in the title game at the very end may be too big of a hurdle for the committee.

OU is out unless there’s a really bizarre set of results in the P12. Baylor twice being OU’s best wins is not great; the committee doesn’t seem to respect Baylor given that they’ve had them parked in the “nice season, but no” area of the low teens behind two loss teams.

Week 3. Top 7 the same. Big note: USC enters at #23. Great news for Oregon and Utah-Utah's loss to USC is now that much better, and Oregon's resume got a huge boost with the W over them. Gotta think they both move ahead of Alabama next week with wins over the Arizona schools Saturday. Really want one of our teams back in this year.
I think they move ahead, but not next week.

I could see it with a loss to Michigan and a championship victory. But, a loss to a very flawed Wisconsin in the title game at the very end may be too big of a hurdle for the committee.

OU is out unless there’s a really bizarre set of results in the P12. Baylor twice being OU’s best wins is not great; the committee doesn’t seem to respect Baylor given that they’ve had them parked in the “nice season, but no” area of the low teens behind two loss teams.

Yeah. Its LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, and the Pac 12 champ barring a major upset.

Is a P12 title enough for Utah to jump Alabama or will Alabama - again - get the benefit of the doubt over a conference champion?

Is a P12 title enough for Utah to jump Alabama or will Alabama - again - get the benefit of the doubt over a conference champion?

Nope. Oregon dropping out of the top ten ****ed them. Overrating ****bailer, however, gives the committee cover to put OU in.

Here's the only way I see Alabama getting into the CFP:
1) They've gotta win the Iron Bowl and look great (think Ohio State in the 2014 Big 10 championship game great here) doing it. 24-21 with a FG at the horn ain't going to do it.
2) LSU has to beat Georgia for the SEC title.
3) Anything can happen in the Big 10 but this: Minnesota and Ohio State both win Saturday and then Minnesota wins the Big 10 championship
4) At least two of Oklahoma, Utah, and Clemson need to lose.

Last edited:
Nope. Oregon dropping out of the top ten ****ed them. Overrating ****bailer, however, gives the committee cover to put OU in.
I really think if Utah wins out, they are in. The only way that happens is if LSU, Georgia, and Utah all lose, then I could see Alabama moving in. Alabama's schedule is killing them right now and they value the lose of Tua immensely.

I really think if Utah wins out, they are in. The only way that happens is if LSU, Georgia, and Utah all lose, then I could see Alabama moving in. Alabama's schedule is killing them right now and they value the lose of Tua immensely.

Assuming chalk, it will come down to 12-1 Utah vs 12-1 OU. Would not be shocked to see the committee go with OU.

Assuming chalk, it will come down to 12-1 Utah vs 12-1 OU. Would not be shocked to see the committee go with OU.

Resume wise-OU and Utah are pretty close. Utah's got the more attractive loss because USC is ranked and KjSU isn't. Oklahoma has two wins over teams ranked in this week's poll (Iowa State and Baylor) and they're playing another ranked team on the road this week in Oklahoma State. Utah's got five wins over teams with winning records, though (BYU, Washington, Arizona State, Cal, and Washington State). Oklahoma fatigue could also be a real thing-They've been in the semifinals three of the last four years.....and they've been soundly beaten in two of those three games.

Last edited:
and they've been soundly beaten in two of those three games

Not sure a Utah/tOSU matchup would be all that pretty either.

Honestly, even if UU was to go 12-1, it might be better for conference rep for them to get left out and face a winnable matchup in the Rose Bowl than go to the CFP as the 4 seed and get drubbed by either tOSU or LSU.

Honestly, even if UU was to go 12-1, it might be better for conference rep for them to get left out and face a winnable matchup in the Rose Bowl than go to the CFP as the 4 seed and get drubbed by either tOSU or LSU.
Drubbed? Neither team has played a legit defense like Utah’s. Seriously. Utah probably has the best defense in the country. Those teams will have fits with the wreckage Utah’s DL can do. This is why I am very nervous about Saturday.

Drubbed? Neither team has played a legit defense like Utah’s. Seriously. Utah probably has the best defense in the country. Those teams will have fits with the wreckage Utah’s DL can do. This is why I am very nervous about Saturday.

Dude - we can get annihilated Saturday and it would mean nothing about Utah's place among the national elites.

You talk about tOSU and LSU facing a defense like Utah's, but the only time Utah faced offensive talent anywhere near the level they'd face against those teams, some dude named Matt Fink from USC threw for 350 yards on them. Imagine what Fields or Burrows could do.

Now Utah could score points against LSU, their defense is questionable. Ohio State, otoh, would be tough sledding, while Fields would likely light them up.

Dude - we can get annihilated Saturday and it would mean nothing about Utah's place among the national elites.

You talk about tOSU and LSU facing a defense like Utah's, but the only time Utah faced offensive talent anywhere near the level they'd face against those teams, some dude named Matt Fink from USC threw for 350 yards on them. Imagine what Fields or Burrows could do.

Now Utah could score points against LSU, their defense is questionable. Ohio State, otoh, would be tough sledding, while Fields would likely light them up.
I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. The Air Raid does put up big numbers. Utah had a bad game. That doesn’t mean that the other two offenses will light up Utah, especially since their offenses are predicated on establishing the run game.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. The Air Raid does put up big numbers. Utah had a bad game. That doesn’t mean that the other two offenses will light up Utah, especially since their offenses are predicated on establishing the run game.

Fair enough.

What I'm sure we agree upon is a desire for our Buffs to make such a question academic.

Just give me Ohio State/LSU on Jan 13 and I'm happy

Don't you think they'd get the benefit of the doubt due to their body of work the last few years and as a defending national champion?

They definitely could still get in having won their last 7 by 31 or more but it depends on what happens elsewhere. If Georgia and tOSU win there's 3 spots tied up and the last one would come down to Clemson/Utah/OU-Baylor winner. And if OU/Baylor or Utah win impressively next week Clemson could be in trouble.

And of course OU still needs to win tonight in Bedlam

Back