What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs Minnesota game Thread

Weird. Real gambling where one wants to make money over time requires a lot of dispassionate research. I could see a gambler being confident of his take on a program he follows closely because his research is already done--I question the dispassionate part, though. In any case, someday manhattan will take the over based on what he thinks about the team--will that make him a good fan?
No, because he will once again be thinking wallet first. All it will mean is that the Buffs have a better team than they do now.

Also, I don't think my opinion is all that weird. You're attempting to reframe Manhattan's bet as common among fans, when I don't believe it is. We could setup an easy poll and ask AllBuff fans, "Would you bet against the Buffs?". I'd be very surprised if "no" didn't win out by a large margin.

No, because he will once again be thinking wallet first. All it will mean is that the Buffs have a better team than they do now.

Also, I don't think my opinion is all that weird. You're attempting to reframe Manhattan's bet as common among fans, when I don't believe it is. We could setup an easy poll and ask AllBuff fans, "Would you bet against the Buffs?". I'd be very surprised if "no" didn't win out by a large margin.

You misunderstood me. It's common among people who gamble for a living.

Fan police!

Ah Ah Ah Singing GIF by Four Rest Films

He needs to get his **** together. He has a very good chance to play on Sundays if he doesn't **** it up.

Take a look at the bolded in his first post. Yeah, it frustrates me that every Saturday when you and I cheering on the Buffs and hanging on every snap of the ball that Manhattan has a financial interest in the Buffs not winning the game. He is incentivized to actually root against the Buffs. I think that is bull**** and to me would take any joy in being a fan of a team completely out of the equation and reduce every game you would watch to just about cash.
That’s on you. Not him.

I bet Shenailt never plays another down fur CU.

Oooooops, I guess I’m betting against the Buffs.

Minnesota beat Miami OH by just five points...if CU loses this one, I'm on the fire HCKD wagon...or is that #FireChev?

I'm undefeated following manhattan's betting advice and like seeing it.
I have no issue with anyone giving out betting advice or talking gambling. My point was for people who are looking for that to use the dedicated gambling thread, as a courtesy to those who don’t care about gambling and don’t want to read the back and forth in the game thread.

Back