What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Cal Pregame/Game Thread

106 yards of offense against a 1-5 team.

How can an offensive staff be this bad?

I don't even know where to start because I can't imagine how it's possible to be this bad at your job.

The entire offensive staff needs to be fired. You can't be associated with this year's CU offense and remain part of the profession.

I don't even know where to start because I can't imagine how it's possible to be this bad at your job.

The entire offensive staff needs to be fired. You can't be associated with this year's CU offense and remain part of the profession.
I went into the game thinking Cal had a good D because they traditionally do, but they showed stats where they are actually last in the conference in yards per game and 11th in points. Even in their 1 previous win this year ****ing Sac St scored 30.

Our starting QB has fewer than 100 yards passing in four out of seven starts this season (and another game with only 104 yards). Having one of those games in a season is bad, but 4-5 is awful.

What can we as fans do to make a difference. Make it known that this can't continue? Not buy season tickets next year? Show up to the OSU game with bags over our heads? Flood the AD with emails?

Somebody tried to tell Sebastabear we were bad, he didn't believe it. Suck it. :LOL:
I will admit I was wrong. Your ****ty offense was worse than our ****ty offense. To be fair though, and as a neutral observer, you have some players. Broussard was legitimately scary to watch (as a Cal fan). He seemed to moving at just a different level of speed than everyone else on the field. If he could get a hole he’d clearly be gone. Not exactly a hot take, but no offensive player would look good with the struggles on the oline. I’m not sure what was going on with your right guard. Was he playing hurt? We have been begging for (and unable to) get meaningful pressure on the opposing QB all season. It’s been horrible to watch. But our guys were in your backfield all game. No one (including your your young QB) could succeed with that kind of pressure.

Other highlights included your CB (Gonzalez?). outstanding player. Wouldn‘t want to line up against him as an opposing QB.

Anyway Buffs, all I can say is Cal is a very, very senior heavy team. Your team is much, much younger. I definitely saw some good players for you out there - ones who could start for any team in the conference. I suspect if your coaches can fix some of the obvious problems they’d be able to make some noise.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

What can we as fans do to make a difference. Make it known that this can't continue? Not buy season tickets next year? Show up to the OSU game with bags over our heads? Flood the AD with emails?
Don’t give them money.

I will admit I was wrong. Your ****ty offense was worse than our ****ty offense. To be fair though, and as a neutral observer, you have some players. Broussard was legitimately scary to watch (as a Cal fan). He seemed to moving at just a different level of speed than everyone else on the field. If he could get a hole he’d clearly be gone. Not exactly a hot take, but no offensive player would look good with the struggles on the oline. I’m not sure what was going on with your right guard. Was he playing hurt? We have been begging for (and unable to) get meaningful pressure on the opposing QB all season. It’s been horrible to watch. But our guys were in your backfield all game. No one (including your your young QB) could succeed with that kind of pressure.

Other highlights included your CB (Gonzalez?). outstanding player. Wouldn‘t want to line up against him as an opposing QB.

Anyway Buffs, all I can say is Cal is a very, very senior heavy team. Your team is much, much younger. I definitely saw some good players for you out there - ones who could start for any team in the conference. I suspect if your coaches can fix some of the obvious problems they’d be able to make some noise.

Our coaches can’t coach. At all. We are doomed.

I kid you not, but our OL coach was coaching high school and selling a blocking sled technique video. We hired him for a P5 job. I wish I was joking.

I kid you not, but our OL coach was coaching high school and selling a blocking sled technique video. We hired him for a P5 job. I wish I was joking.
Yeah that’s . . . “Not good”. Always felt that oline was one of those positions where coaching matters the most and recruiting matters the least. Our best oline coaches took 2* players and made them NFL pro bowlers. Our worst ones were recruiters first. But nothing on offense works without a quality oline coach. Nothing. Definitely feel your pain there.

Very similar conversation to the one that's being had with the Broncos. Stop going. RG has no incentive to do anything if he's seeing near sellout crowds at Folsom right now.

Didn’t watch the game but looking at the stat line seems Buffs had an Embree-like performance and were lucky to lose with the margin they did.

The really unfortunate thing is that because of Dorell’s insane contract this is the likely state of Buff football for another season, if not longer. Any higher-ups that give a **** about not only football but the entire athletic dept would see the gross misconduct and financial harm of RG’s guaranteed mega-deal to an unproven and now embarrassingly bad coach and have RG fired yesterday.

CU is now forced to ride this ****show out sending the program to a new low which is frankly unbelievable considering what the last 15 years have been. I genuinely think this goes the way of Arizona or Kansas before another attempt can be made at righting the ship.

Spent a lot of money and time on the Buffs. Still fun to go hang out at Folsom in the autumn. But complete apathy from the university and glaring incompetence from the AD down to the coaches is driving away many of the most ardent fans, self included. I’ll probably continue to tune in when convenient to support the players but can’t say I’ll be financially supporting this garbage for the foreseeable future. Embarrassing.

Hiding from criticism is almost worse than going up there and throwing the players under that bus. This is not an isolated incident. He's done this multiple times going back to the Texas bowl game loss:

Next week, I'm not gonna rush home from my horseback riding lesson to catch the game, even if it's on at like 8:30.

My COVID booster is scheduled for Friday night so I may be sleeping all day, anyway. Against Oregon, I expect the game to be a boat race.

A troll who is hard to hate!

What a dog **** game. Right from the first offensive snap, you could tell it wasn’t going to be a shoot from the hip (of sorts) kind of performance, like AZ was. The combo of ****ty (coached) blocking and play call predictability kept the Cal defense front…or like 2-3 guys…in our backfield.

The defense has been exposed. Tie Landman up in coverage, and let the QB beat the rest of the defense with their legs, or just keep hitting a wide open receiver in the shallow middle of the field. How many times were (Quinn) Perry and (Mark) Perry out of position (Mark), after (Quinn) had his doors completely blown off in coverage? Obviously the slower guy in coverage is going to need the most help from a safety. Gamboa might have been slow, but I do recall that he made an interception a time or two.

Landman has too much heart to even let up on the go button. He’ll hurt himself just to get a positive tick in team performance. The rest of the team, save Gonzo, and Wells, seem to go with the flow of the game. Is it me, or is Mustafa Johnson completely invisible since coming back?

this coaching staff is terrible - PERIOD. Absolutely no adjustments made, CU is not good enough to impose their will upon anyone…even a UNC team with a new coaching staff, and playing their first game in like two years. So, if stuff isn’t working- adjust your play calling and personnel to have a fighting chance.

as far as players, The Buffs have done more with less talent. This is all coaching. The defense is buckling because they are on the field too much, because the Offense can’t get anything going since the play calling is woefully predictable, and the Oline is coached by a ****ing HS coach.

Did the staff just leave the 2019 playbook in place for last year? Then let the players call plays? This seems like a more logical explanation of last year’s success enough to sniff a bowl game. Sadly, as soon as Landman went down, the good ship sank.

Those tweets from Dorrel are ****. If you don’t know what’s wrong by now, then the ****ing problem is YOU! You don’t know why things aren’t being executed in a game as they are in practice, then the ****ing problem is The OC, the DC, and YOU! The players are only as good as the coaching and game plan. There is some talent on this team, but a sports car isn’t much good on a road with ice and packed up snow on top of it. So, planning is key.

getting LaVontae back isn’t going to mean dick, when the QB is too far in his head with the wonderful coaching, and the oline is getting blasted by a three-man front, because they’re coached by a ****ing HS coach…so no time to get a pass off to a receiver…even when the play is salvaged by the feet of what was presumably the most athletic QB CU has had in XX amount of years.

Dorrel is not the answer. The elegant coach of 2020 turned into a pumpkin for this staff late in the first half of the aTm game. It sounds like the admin from RG to whomever, that are enabling this, are not the answer either. The only ones that truly get the long end of a ****-dipped stick are the players, and ultimately, the brand that is CU Football…which could be a cash cow for the athletic department and the University as a whole…

I didn't even bother to watch the game

then just now youtube suggested I watch the "Highlights" of the game

I got like 5 minutes in, CU looked hilariously bad, I stopped watching. I really have no desire to really watch CU play football anymore this season 🤷‍♂️

I didn't even bother to watch the game

then just now youtube suggested I watch the "Highlights" of the game

I got like 5 minutes in, CU looked hilariously bad, I stopped watching. I really have no desire to really watch CU play football anymore this season 🤷‍♂️
And those were the highlights!

You should watch next week. We have a new O-line coach. Things will be much better.
Plus they had a GREAT practice Monday and ALREADY noticed the difference! It was that easy of a fix!

Plus they had a GREAT practice Monday and ALREADY noticed the difference! It was that easy of a fix!

If that difference is noticeable, wait until KD and Chiv are gone…
Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

Back