What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

I still like Ricky Rahne, but he is not coaching strong right now, so I will keep him in my top 3
Tom Herman would likely keep most of the players we need to keep, especially Owen on the team, while likely getting more transfers than unknown guys, so he can also be in my top 3. I will work on another one.

Hopefully this isn’t the mentality RG is taking this time arou d

While it sucks to be a stepping stone, it assumes the guy ****ing WINS to step stones. Therefore, it is what it is. Maybe if we get a top tier guy, fundraise to pay him accordingly?! Or, big brain idea, make the buyout decent enough so that we at least are winning the coaching game long term

For me, Herman is the dream hire. Grimes would be solid. I'm sure Bronco would do well. but he just doesn't do it for me for some reason. He's super corny and the horse thing is kinda weird. Haha! Not that it matters, but I think we need a bigger personality. Someone who can generate some buzz with recruits, fans, media, etc.

While it sucks to be a stepping stone, it assumes the guy ****ing WINS to step stones. Therefore, it is what it is. Maybe if we get a top tier guy, fundraise to pay him accordingly?! Or, big brain idea, make the buyout decent enough so that we at least are winning the coaching game long term
When Notre Dame and Oklahoma’s coaches get poached, maybe everyone should be OK if a bigger program swallows up a CU HC when he’s successful.

OK, my top three is set
1. Tom Herman
2. Bronco Mendenhall
3. Ricky Rahne

Herman and Bronco can assemble the best staff, retain players, and find transfers. Rahne is the most risk/reward

Long list of darts getting thrown by athlon here
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Reading some of the names on that list - we have options

For me, Herman is the dream hire. Grimes would be solid. I'm sure Bronco would do well. but he just doesn't do it for me for some reason. He's super corny and the horse thing is kinda weird. Haha! Not that it matters, but I think we need a bigger personality. Someone who can generate some buzz with recruits, fans, media, etc.
No on Herman, dude had major issues at Texas and U of H.

1. Tom Herman
2. Bronco Mendenhall
3. Ricky Rahne

Herman and Bronco can assemble the best staff, retain players, and find transfers. Rahne is the most risk/reward
I like #1 and #2; honestly don’t know enough about Rahne. I’d put Mullen on my list for #3, but frankly there are so many good choices

I agree with this but a lot of lists are still probably aiming too high for what we’re able to do. Like…
OK, my top three is set
Herman is probably the least realistic of any name consistently being thrown around here, but I don’t think Mendenhall or Grimes are pipe dreams.

In fact, if there is a shift in mindset and support from Saliman, I don’t see why CU can’t be in the conversation for a great candidate like they were with Tucker and Ryan Day.

Back