What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

Watching Buff fans get their hopes up....

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Not to poo poo on the prime train, but this reddit thread is showing alot of potential pitfalls with Sanders being the pick. CU is very anti drama as of late and the rap sheet detailed within is an interesting and alarming read.

When his name first came up, this is the main reason I thought it will never happen.

The other reservation I had was that I didn't believe that CU would get its sh!t together on transfer admissions or NIL, causing Prime to tell us no even if CU didn't puss out based on the Prime Academy nothingburger.

On the first consideration, it appears that CU was able to realize that Sanders was simply trying to do something to help kids, putting his time and money toward building something to give opportunity while coaching for nothing when he could have been making a fortune in other pursuits. On "Prime Academy" all he's guilty of is picking the wrong partners to handle the academic and financial sides of things.

On the second consideration, I think that's in play and assurances being made into real commitments is the part of things that get us to the finish line on him agreeing to become CU HC.

Such as???
Such as whatever people bitch about academically at CU that let’s better athletes play at other schools.

Such as whatever allows every other school in the country to admit high quality transfers that CU doesn’t allow.

Such as being the the most prominent personality at the university.

Such as being the most prominent personality in the town/community.

Such as being the most prominent personality in the conference.

If people think the powers that be would let that fly at CU or in the Pac-12, you’re all nuts. But thanks for all the thumbs downs

Such as whatever people bitch about academically at CU that let’s better athletes play at other schools.

Such as whatever allows every other school in the country to admit high quality transfers that CU doesn’t allow.

If people think the powers that be would let that fly at CU or in the Pac-12, you’re all nuts. But thanks for all the thumbs downs
These seem to be a lot of reaches for "problems" here

When his name first came up, this is the main reason I thought it will never happen.

The other reservation I had was that I didn't believe that CU would get its sh!t together on transfer admissions or NIL, causing Prime to tell us no even if CU didn't puss out based on the Prime Academy nothingburger.

On the first consideration, it appears that CU was able to realize that Sanders was simply trying to do something to help kids, putting his time and money toward building something to give opportunity while coaching for nothing when he could have been making a fortune in other pursuits. On "Prime Academy" all he's guilty of is picking the wrong partners to handle the academic and financial sides of things.

On the second consideration, I think that's in play and assurances being made into real commitments is the part of things that get us to the finish line on him agreeing to become CU HC.
What kind of assurances do you think both sides would be offering to get them both to make it happen?

Hopefully he takes the job and we find out that you were wrong but I am worried about the same things. I am quite sure that he will face unforeseen headwinds from the academics elitists at CU.

Everything you just listed is actually what you need your coach to be to have a successful football program 🤷

You should pay more attention

I haven’t much considered Deion an actual candidate until now. I’m pretty high on names like Bronco, Walters, Choate, and Grimes. Deion is clearly the number one though just based on the positive national attention we would receive.

The offer itself is also a really good sign. RG made the comments to Howell today about the transfer requirements hopefully changing this year. I’m not sure that happens without a serious pursuit of Primetime and even if a deal with him falls through, at least those changes quickly happening along with whatever other promises made will more easily be available to our backup option.

However, as a CU fan, I fully expect none of that to be true and for us to announce Sanford on Monday after seven touchdown loss to Utah.

From Andy Staples this morning:

Colorado
The rumor mill has heated up with talk of Boulder as a potential landing spot for Coach Prime. This is a more difficult job than Arizona State because of location, but it’s still probably an easier job than Jackson State. If Deion wound up at Colorado, the folks in Tempe might get an annual reminder of what they could have sought.
If those rumors are just smoke, who would work at Colorado? Former BYU and Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall knows how to build a roster in that part of the country, and he could bring a style that could make Colorado a tough out in the same way that Jonathan Smith has made Oregon State a tough out.

What kind of assurances do you think both sides would be offering to get them both to make it happen?
I don't think they would have gotten this far if they hadn't satisfied these things.

My biggest concern right now is that Prime will not work with Nike after their falling out and CU's Nike contract goes through 2024-25.

Back