What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Oregon Pregame/Game Thread

I’m just baffled you still think people don’t care about the players because they are getting a tiny bit of criticism about their play. I don’t know what boards you are reading, but I don’t recall a single post here celebrating, joking, or being insensitive about any player injury.

I’m really glad the team is putting up good GPA’s, that’s fantastic. But you have to be delusional if you think that’s good enough for a scholarship football player. The school isn’t awarding full scholarships, building football stadiums and facilities, paying coaches millions of dollars and signing lucrative television and sponsorship deals with the goal of delivering a healthy team GPA. I feel like you’re not really seeing college football for what it is.
Willful ignorance and we all know exactly why, but saying it directly will probably give Berger an aneurism

The day I buy a ticket to watch a kid take a math test is the day I will start giving a damn about his GPA. That’s his business and I hope he does well, but it really doesn’t make any difference to me, personally. I don’t understand why that should be important to anybody other than himself and maybe his family.

It’s a game, bro. You wanna talk real world, let’s talk GPA of the student athletes. Let’s talk the record high GPA CU’s football team put up this spring semester. Bet you don’t care about that because you don’t care about the kids.
Why do I continue with you guys? You don’t care about the players. Nate getting hurt doesn’t bother you except we lose a star player. Try sitting next to Max Ray’s dad when he was knocked unconscious on the field and maybe you’ll realize these aren’t pawns out there for your pleasure.
I’m done.
I'm going to regret this but I'll bite.

The simple fact is that players in FBS (and P5 in particular) are pawns out there for our pleasure. They are the modern day gladiators sacrificing their bodies in the arena for the throngs of barbarians in the stands and watching on TV while many are making millions around them. Every single one of these players and their parents signed up for this knowing that was the case.

It’s going to be tough. #60 is gonna have his hands full. He’s definitely going to be seeing his toughest matchup yet. Hopefully the OC can set a formation that gives him some help with Thibodeaux. I haven’t watched a ton of Oregon football this year, but I bet most teams double team a player like him.
Hopefully we can establish a run game like we did against A&M (god forbid I say Texas before some goofball thinks I’m talking about last year when Wiley wasn’t playing) and stay in the game and surprise them with a win. Sko Buffs.
Y’all need to spend some time in the friends and family section at a CU game. It’s not that hard to talk football without taking shots at players.
I don't have anything bad to say about any of the players, but you're about as soft as fresh dog sh*t.

Like others have said, we need to be called out when our criticism of played goes over the line. And I think we are. But it’s clear that our friend Berger’s outrage was not really about that.

I’m not outraged. I’m more shocked at the amount of people who don’t give a crap about the players and their families.
No, no you're not. If you were, you would be able to reference the offending post(s), as I suggested and we would have a conversation. You are probably the fan of another team, doing your thing. I can only hope there are belly laughs in the control room.

I couldn’t delete my original post and edited to these kids are doing their best. Then the comments kept pouring in about how their best isn’t good enough for the keyboard quarterbacks. I probably should have let it go that the forum is just filled with a$$holes, but stubborn ol me decided to play along. Screw it. Y’all keep being jerks and cheering for a team that hasn’t done squat in over 20 years.
I feel like the the bolded is misaligned with your other messaging. Oh yeah, you're a troll.

Regarding the y'all, I don't know what to say about my biases Hokie, but it seems like everybody who uses the word is a ****ing idot and or asshole. I'm seeking other possibilities, but they're not presenting themselves.

I’ll keep supporting the players and being proud of watching them succeed in life, even if they lose a game none of us are playing. Haters gonna hate.
I hate you.

No, no you're not. If you were, you would be able to reference the offending post(s), as I suggested and we would have a conversation. You are probably the fan of another team, doing your thing. I can only hope there are belly laughs in the control room.

I feel like the the bolded is misaligned with your other messaging. Oh yeah, you're a troll.

Regarding the y'all, I don't know what to say about my biases Hokie, but it seems like everybody who uses the word is a ****ing idot and or asshole. I'm seeking other possibilities, but they're not presenting themselves.

I hate you.
I love using y'all.

"Y'all" is not an accent. It's a choice that people make (in written form) that I suspect is an attempt to make them appear folksy. But taking the time to write out "y'all" to create an appearance comes with the risk that the appearance they're creating is looking illiterate.
Since English doesn't have a plural "you", (like the Spanish word "vosotros") my theory is that "Y'all" developed in speech as an attempt to create a plural "you".
The Spranos, fictionally, had "youse guys", some southerners have "Y'all".

I’m not outraged. I’m more shocked at the amount of people who don’t give a crap about the players and their families. I couldn’t delete my original post and edited to these kids are doing their best. Then the comments kept pouring in about how their best isn’t good enough for the keyboard quarterbacks. I probably should have let it go that the forum is just filled with a$$holes, but stubborn ol me decided to play along. Screw it. Y’all keep being jerks and cheering for a team that hasn’t done squat in over 20 years. I’ll keep supporting the players and being proud of watching them succeed in life, even if they lose a game none of us are playing. Haters gonna hate.
And Threadjackers gonna Threadjack.........
Adios bro.

Since English doesn't have a plural "you", (like the Spanish word "vosotros") my theory is that "Y'all" developed in speech as an attempt to create a plural "you".
That's fine. But many Southerners do like to make a point of it, in my observation.

I really want to embrace it as charming, the way Blaze Foley does in Clay Pigeons, but I'm not convinced that's how it's often used - especially in its written form.

Last edited:
wait. my understanding is that:
  • in English, "you" is both singular and plural
  • in American-Southern, "y'all" is singular "you", or used to refer to a small group
  • in American-Southern, "all-a-y'all" is the plural "you"

wait. my understanding is that:
  • in English, "you" is both singular and plural
  • in American-Southern, "y'all" is singular "you", or used to refer to a small group
  • in American-Southern, "all-a-y'all" is the plural "you"
Excellent point. I do like "All Y'all" and heard it a lot when we lived in Texas. Seems a little redundant though.

Back