What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Oregon Pregame/Game Thread

Between two teams.

And I just got you to bash the entire team. If you're trolling, you suck at it.
I’m just trying to let y’all know that some of the comments you make are hurtful to some people and maybe just reel it back a little. Because, like all of you, these families have an interest in the team and when a bunch of keyboard quarterbacks take potshots at their kids, it’s tough to read. If that makes me a troll, so be it. I’d rather be a troll than an a$$hole.

Just to clarify for @hawg1 and others, I was the one with the offending post. I was going to let it go and move on, but since it is grist for the mill, and Berger seems comfortable telling his side of the exchange in public, I no longer feel constrained to keep quiet, as I was out of deference to Berger. There was no mod intervention, Berger expressed his/her displeasure in response to my post, I saw it and DM'ed Berger. I said I agreed it was thoughtless to say what I said, I removed it and requested the quote of my post be deleted if Berger were so inclined. Berger graciously did so. I resolved to try and be more considerate of the circumstances and leave personal comment out of it. I had hoped that would be the end of it. Apparently not.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled **** show.
Apparently, nothing berger would rather boast his holier than thou attitude rather than accept an apology and move on. Not very forgiving of him.

I’m just trying to let y’all know that some of the comments you make are hurtful to some people and maybe just reel it back a little. Because, like all of you, these families have an interest in the team and when a bunch of keyboard quarterbacks take potshots at their kids, it’s tough to read. If that makes me a troll, so be it. I’d rather be a troll than an a$$hole.
You have said that it was one comment. Said poster acknowledged that he was wrong. Yet you keep accusing every body here of getting personal with their posts. Move on dude.

Just to clarify for @hawg1 and others, I was the one with the offending post. I was going to let it go and move on, but since it is grist for the mill, and Berger seems comfortable telling his side of the exchange in public, I no longer feel constrained to keep quiet, as I was out of deference to Berger. There was no mod intervention, Berger expressed his/her displeasure in response to my post, I saw it and DM'ed Berger. I said I agreed it was thoughtless to say what I said, I removed it and requested the quote of my post be deleted if Berger were so inclined. Berger graciously did so. I resolved to try and be more considerate of the circumstances and leave personal comment out of it. I had hoped that would be the end of it. Apparently not.

"grist for the mill" -- new one to me, but I like it!

Which is my evidence that Berger is nothing but a troll. His concern was addressed, but his continued insistence that as a group we are engaged in routine player bashing is unfounded but he continues his narrative nonetheless. His posting is not in good faith.

Are you new to the internet?

I would have let it go as well until someone decided that these kids doing their best wasn’t good enough for them. The best was the guy saying he pays a lot of money for the right to talk **** about the players. That’s a solid fan right there.

I would have let it go as well until someone decided that these kids doing their best wasn’t good enough for them. The best was the guy saying he pays a lot of money for the right to talk **** about the players. That’s a solid fan right there.
Can you use the quote (or even reply) function to show us the offending post, or maybe give us a post number if you're not able to do that?

Your outrage around this feels really manufactured to me. There was no evidence that you were ever willing to "let it go".

Thanks in advance.

Well, if we're being honest, no, the adult players doing their best hasn't been good enough and isn't good enough for this program going forward. It's not their fault and it's not personal, but we are fans of the Colorado Football program and want it to be successful. Sorry that you're offended by that.

Let’s make one thing clear: these kids “doing their best” is most definitely NOT good enough.

If you’re referring to me, then say so. Show me where I talked **** about the players.

A University is a great place to begin to learn what life in the real world is all about, and like it or not the real world doesn’t reward or celebrate “doing your best” when the results are terrible. That’s a pretty valuable life lesson that people should learn earlier in life.

Can you use the quote (or even reply) function to show us the offending post, or maybe give us a post number if you're not able to do that?

Your outrage around this feels really manufactured to me. There was no evidence that you were ever willing to "let it go".

Thanks in advance.
I’m not outraged. I’m more shocked at the amount of people who don’t give a crap about the players and their families. I couldn’t delete my original post and edited to these kids are doing their best. Then the comments kept pouring in about how their best isn’t good enough for the keyboard quarterbacks. I probably should have let it go that the forum is just filled with a$$holes, but stubborn ol me decided to play along. Screw it. Y’all keep being jerks and cheering for a team that hasn’t done squat in over 20 years. I’ll keep supporting the players and being proud of watching them succeed in life, even if they lose a game none of us are playing. Haters gonna hate.

I would recommend Berger go find a high school team to support. Those kids try real hard and nobody really cares if they play well or not.

Or maybe CSU. Nobody cares there, either. I’m sure they try real hard up there.

discover dwayne johnson GIF

If you’re referring to me, then say so. Show me where I talked **** about the players.

A University is a great place to begin to learn what life in the real world is all about, and like it or not the real world doesn’t reward or celebrate “doing your best” when the results are terrible. That’s a pretty valuable life lesson that people should learn earlier in life.
It’s a game, bro. You wanna talk real world, let’s talk GPA of the student athletes. Let’s talk the record high GPA CU’s football team put up this spring semester. Bet you don’t care about that because you don’t care about the kids.
Why do I continue with you guys? You don’t care about the players. Nate getting hurt doesn’t bother you except we lose a star player. Try sitting next to Max Ray’s dad when he was knocked unconscious on the field and maybe you’ll realize these aren’t pawns out there for your pleasure.
I’m done.

If they’re doing their best and the results of that are losing games and a historically bad offense, then their best isn’t good enough. Their hard work should be towards improving so their “best” can yield better results. Maybe that’s what they’re trying, but we haven’t seen it on the field yet. And maybe it won’t happen at all and they’re just not good enough.

Thanks Lefty. I missed it all. Enjoy your posts.

It’s a game, bro. You wanna talk real world, let’s talk GPA of the student athletes. Let’s talk the record high GPA CU’s football team put up this spring semester. Bet you don’t care about that because you don’t care about the kids.
Why do I continue with you guys? You don’t care about the players. Nate getting hurt doesn’t bother you except we lose a star player. Try sitting next to Max Ray’s dad when he was knocked unconscious on the field and maybe you’ll realize these aren’t pawns out there for your pleasure.
I’m done.
So the under wins.

bye. bye.

I’m done.
Oh go **** yourself. At this point, you're just being a ****ing douche. We all care about the players' health, it's great that the program has a high GPA and graduation rate, and we wish them well in life after CU. If you actually took the time to read and see how this community supports the athletes, you wouldn't have these ridiculously uneducated takes.

Berg, we get your point. You are repeating yourself. It ain’t happening. You aren’t changing this board. Hope you participate. Or move on.

Landman - great buff. All time. Recovery was incredible. Plays so hard. Not surprised he’s dinged. Leader of men. Has on-field liabilities. Not in Kiper’s Top 10 for ILBs, nor should be. Will have a great career in work world. I’d hire him. Likely gonna be relieved this **** show will be over soon. No need to even vote for Buff Heart Award this year. They should name it after him.

I’ll talk real ball if you want.

After our DM exchange where my offending post was removed, followed by your restating the substance of my offending post in your post #91 certainly seems like you weren't ready to let it go.

I’m done.
I’m just baffled you still think people don’t care about the players because they are getting a tiny bit of criticism about their play. I don’t know what boards you are reading, but I don’t recall a single post here celebrating, joking, or being insensitive about any player injury.

I’m really glad the team is putting up good GPA’s, that’s fantastic. But you have to be delusional if you think that’s good enough for a scholarship football player. The school isn’t awarding full scholarships, building football stadiums and facilities, paying coaches millions of dollars and signing lucrative television and sponsorship deals with the goal of delivering a healthy team GPA. I feel like you’re not really seeing college football for what it is.

Back