What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Oregon Pregame/Game Thread

29 points on offense is progress. Landman was a big miss for the Buffs Will need to hit the transfer rhard to find suitable replacements at several positions. The Defense has played well this year. Evey defense can have a bad game.

350 yards (with half of them after the game was out of reach) of offense against a middling scoring defense being progress is a sign of just how bad this offense has been. Hard to get too excited about anything but Blew looking like a P5 QB finally. Way too soon to think it's anything sustainable though.

The defensive result was horrific and a sign that side of the ball went into the game without hope. They may have quit on the season, and I can't even blame them.

Not good bob. Rest of the season will be devoted to "development" and moral victories. Stealing 2 wins would be shocking and a real positive.

350 yards (with half of them after the game was out of reach) of offense against a middling scoring defense being progress is a sign of just how bad this offense has been. Hard to get too excited about anything but Blew looking like a P5 QB finally. Way too soon to think it's anything sustainable though.

The defensive result was horrific and a sign that side of the ball went into the game without hope. They may have quit on the season, and I can't even blame them.

Not good bob. Rest of the season will be devoted to "development" and moral victories. Stealing 2 wins would be shocking and a real positive.
Woods and Taylor got a ton of time in yesterdays game and wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing more and more of them. Perry just seems to regress with each game so I wouldn't be surprised if he was gone after this year. Also, Blackmon has gotten absolutely abused the past few games.

The dline can't get a push to save their lives and they are mostly seasoned veterans, especially with Mustafa. The ILB's outside of Landman are just bad. The more I think about it, the defense is in a really, really bad shape for next year. We look slow, unathletic, lack pass rush, and can't get turnovers.

We very well could flip next year with offense and defense with the offense only slightly improving. Ugh

My take away from yesterday is that our coaches still suck and our players may not be as terrible as I thought. That’s unfortunately as positive as I can be about it.

My take away is the CU team is young and were 16 points behind with 3 minutes left against the 7th ranked team in the nation on the road. I see a lot of improvements. CU needs a new OL and OC. Also need to get several players in the transfer portal. The experience gained by the freshmen playing this year will prove valuable next season. Offseason program is going to be huge for KD. There is going to be a lot of attrition both from coaches and players.

Yeah, never mind that CU’s starters were playing against Oregon’s backups for essentially the entire 4th quarter. Oregon could have dropped 70-80 if they wanted to

There are 6 games left. KD should give more snaps to the underclassmen. Lets see what they can do. But guys like Wells and Landman should get all of their snaps. I admit I was wrong about Ty Robinson, didnt think we should recruit him. Looks like a good young player.

This team being “young” is lost on me. The game experience might be green, but aside from the handful of actual freshman that are getting game reps, players like Rice, Lewis, Gonzalez, MLC, Carpenter are on the verge of being third year players. Lewis has been on campus since the spring 2020 semester. Let’s not forget that Viska had his breakout season starting game one of his second season, same with Landman. Montez went in to Autzen as a r/s Frosh and helped the Buffs walk out of there with a W. Either these kids are contributors (YES/NO)

it’s crystal clear that the coaching staff is lacking. Some of these kids realize that the success of this team can rest squarely on their shoulders (buying in). So they are holding themselves accountable, and trying to get everyone on board. Once more the players realize this, maybe thing can change?

it won’t matter who commits, what players are brought in from the portal. If this team is not on the same page as far as accountability and expectations…then it’ll be all the same until KD, Chiv, and the other meh coaches can be let go. Even then, with the track record of the AD and hire/fire admin of CU, would going after a new coaching staff solve anything? It could possibly end up all the same, or even worse.

My take away is the CU team is young and were 16 points behind with 3 minutes left against the 7th ranked team in the nation on the road. I see a lot of improvements. CU needs a new OL and OC. Also need to get several players in the transfer portal. The experience gained by the freshmen playing this year will prove valuable next season. Offseason program is going to be huge for KD. There is going to be a lot of attrition both from coaches and players.
Yeah I’m really proud of how this team clawed back from 31 down down in garbage time against backups to get it within 16. Juice box!!

Oregon 2nd teamers are better than most teams first teamaerrs. Also you can't pick your opponent. I see progress, improvements. Atleaast they didnt give up like previous teams and let Texas 2nd teaamers run up the score to 70.

I think you can be somewhat okay with Lewis looking like a competent QB and the OL playing better, but that game was hardly a positive overall.
I feel a lot better knowing that Lewis can be a competent QB of given good blocking and playcalling. Gives me some hope for next year if they can hire a decent OC/QB and OL coaches.

Oregon 2nd teamers are better than most teams first teamaerrs. Also you can't pick your opponent. I see progress, improvements. Atleaast they didnt give up like previous teams and let Texas 2nd teaamers run up the score to 70.
They’re certainly better than our first teamers. We got out scored in the 2nd half after they stopped caring - yay us.

There are 6 games left. KD should give more snaps to the underclassmen. Lets see what they can do. But guys like Wells and Landman should get all of their snaps. I admit I was wrong about Ty Robinson, didnt think we should recruit him. Looks like a good young player.
There are only six games left if CU makes the conference championship game and a bowl. That seems like a stretch at this juncture.

Langsdorf is not a fit as a coach for a mobile QB.

That was something I was telling myself at least a few weeks ago. Langsdorf is a dropback QB type of coach while BLew isn't a dropback QB. It would have been a shocker if that worked out.

Hopefully HCKD can clean house on the offensive side of things this offseason.

BB2 attempting to put lipstick on a pig again.
procrastinate silence of the lambs GIF

More like

Back