What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Resume & Bubble Watch 2021-22

They are a blueblood in Hockey. Their lacrosse team is outstanding, skiing they are about on par with CU.

Other than that you are kidding. CU is one of the elites in XC, both men's and women's DU plays basketball at a level that is simply a one bid league, no conference tourney win, no NCAA tourney, and if they get that bid they will be a 12 seed or lower. CU had a rebuilding year and won over 20 games playing in a major conference. The women's BB team is pending an at large selection.
Both DU soccer programs are D1 tourney level as well and their gymnastics program has been Top 10 for about 20 years. For a school it’s size, DU kicks ass athletically. And if they simply took the second tier in state guys that teams like Wyoming are constantly poaching, they’d be a top 3 team in the Summit conference in basketball as well.

Both DU soccer programs are D1 tourney level as well and their gymnastics program has been Top 10 for about 20 years. For a school it’s size, DU kicks ass athletically. And if they simply took the second tier in state guys that teams like Wyoming are constantly poaching, they’d be a top 3 team in the Summit conference in basketball as well.
Kid like Graham Ike from Overland (who plays for Wyoming) wouldn't have passed that up to go to DU.

One loss. Not 3. Southern Illinois probably beats all 3. Just saying.
and it was their 4th frigging game. A young team learning to play after losing a bunch of starters to graduation. They were 8-2 over their last 10 games.

They are a blueblood in Hockey. Their lacrosse team is outstanding, skiing they are about on par with CU.

Other than that you are kidding. CU is one of the elites in XC, both men's and women's DU plays basketball at a level that is simply a one bid league, no conference tourney win, no NCAA tourney, and if they get that bid they will be a 12 seed or lower. CU had a rebuilding year and won over 20 games playing in a major conference. The women's BB team is pending an at large selection.
I said across their athletic department. Their hoops program is pure garbage. Pretty much every other sport they have is very close to the top. They are currently ranked in Skiing, Womens gymnastics, hockey, mens lacrosse and womens lacrosse (where they are ranked higher than CU). Quick: at this moment, how many CU programs are ranked?

9 pm game on Tuesday. ****, I’m out. I’ll leave my potential seats available to someone who doesn’t get up at 5:30 am. ****.

I said across their athletic department. Their hoops program is pure garbage. Pretty much every other sport they have is very close to the top. They are currently ranked in Skiing, Womens gymnastics, hockey, mens lacrosse and womens lacrosse (where they are ranked higher than CU). Quick: at this moment, how many CU programs are ranked?
And don’t forget football. Their club team would beat the Buffs.

9 pm game on Tuesday. ****, I’m out. I’ll leave my potential seats available to someone who doesn’t get up at 5:30 am. ****.
Kobe Bryant GIF

DU mens hoops should take a look at the coach who's at Colorado Mesa.

The DU model gets brought up a lot as an alternative to the **** we have at CU. It’s not a fair comparison for a lot of reasons. DU recognized a long time ago they were not going to be able to compete in football, so they dropped it and focused on the other sports. CU pours most of its resources into the football program, because that’s where they get the best return. The two schools are dramatically different - DU’s entire undergrad enrollment is smaller than the incoming freshman class at CU. In short, it’s unrealistic to point to the athletic success DU has and claim CU could easily replicate that. The notion that CU could just create a D-1 hockey program out of thin air that would be competitive in the NCHC is pure fantasy.

The DU model gets brought up a lot as an alternative to the **** we have at CU. It’s not a fair comparison for a lot of reasons. DU recognized a long time ago they were not going to be able to compete in football, so they dropped it and focused on the other sports. CU pours most of its resources into the football program, because that’s where they get the best return. The two schools are dramatically different - DU’s entire undergrad enrollment is smaller than the incoming freshman class at CU. In short, it’s unrealistic to point to the athletic success DU has and claim CU could easily replicate that. The notion that CU could just create a D-1 hockey program out of thin air that would be competitive in the NCHC is pure fantasy.
It's a city & private school model. Really hasn't been a state flagship or land grant university model.

Ain’t happening. Their coach just completed his first year.
Oh yeah. I thought Wulbrun had been there longer. I'm thinking that's not going to work out. DU needs to realize who they are basketball-wise now and hire a high energy guy from D2 once the next time to hire comes around. Right now they're having a hard time in the Summit League. Those 4 Dakota schools don't give a damn about the Pio's pedigree.

Back