What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Resume & Bubble Watch 2021-22

Jesus, wtf happened to Providence today? Creighton beat that ass. That O'Connell guy sounds familiar. Didn't he go to Duke?

If Wyo, CSU, and ****ing UNC are in the Dance and we're not, I'm gonna be ****ing pissed.

Wilner did a really good explanation on the P12 and the number of bids in response to Tad's comments. Spot on with how the conference may very well end up as a 3-bid league by historical math & it's pretty fair. Basically, it's not just individual team resume but the fact that the conference as a whole won too low a % of its non-con games. And that 1/3 of games have an inordinate impact on the metrics for the entire season.
Wasn’t the most, or one of the most, important metric back in the day how a team was playing at the end of the season? I kind of get basing selection on the season as a whole, but it seems like February/March results should carry a lot more weight than December/January.

Wasn’t the most, or one of the most, important metric back in the day how a team was playing at the end of the season? I kind of get basing selection on the season as a whole, but it seems like February/March results should carry a lot more weight than December/January.
It's really Nov/Dec with the non-conference games.

Everyone in your conference plays about 10 games. If they average 6-7 wins instead of 7-8, your conference baseline is low. It sets how many bids your conference can reasonably achieve following the next 20 ish games playing one another.

Also, playing more difficult non-conference games on average is a significant bump if you can maintain the winning percentage.

In short, non-conference performance of your league becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and you can't really improve. It's a big reason I loved the idea that never materialized of doing a P12/B1G Challenge in early Feb as an opportunity to strengthen schedules & re-set some things.

Just being the only Front Range team not in the tournament is going to be a little irksome, is my point.
DU and Air Force are in the Front Range. Neither is going to get a whiff of the NIT, much less the Dance. (Being pedantic, I get your point).

DU and Air Force are in the Front Range. Neither is going to get a whiff of the NIT, much less the Dance. (Being pedantic, I get your point).

Yeah, as I said before, I forgot that DU was even D1. AFA is a legit point, but does AFA really have a D1 basketball program, lol?

UNC's in the same boat with the loss last night. The collegeinsider.com tourney they won a few years ago was a covid casualty.

Yeah, as I said before, I forgot that DU was even D1. AFA is a legit point, but does AFA really have a D1 basketball program, lol?
It’s easy to forget DU, but across the entirety of their athletic department, they have a lot more success than CU has.

Last edited:
I swear if we're lower than a 4 seed in the NIT I'm going to lose it. Some of these folks projecting teams like Oklahoma, VCU, St. Bonnie's, Dayton, etc as #1 and #2 seeds are freakin' clueless.

We are looking more like a #3 seed
Maybe 1-2 home games
Maybe a first game against a Toledo or Northern Iowa?
do the first round games still go out to each team for bidding on who wants to host? do we have any indication how aggressive the CUAD would be bidding for that in March 2023?

If Wyo, CSU, and ****ing UNC are in the Dance and we're not, I'm gonna be ****ing pissed.
CSU is definitely in and WY is on the bubble.
San Diego State and Boise are in, obviously.
San Diego State is a very interesting outfit…..

USC underseeded at 7, but got a great draw with 2 Auburn team that has fallen off the last month, a 3 seed wisconsin that underwhelms me and often underperforms, and a 6 seed LSU that fired their coach yesterday. **** Andy Enfield, but good draw for the conference.

We lost games we shouldn't have lost and that cost us.

But the Pac-12 disrespect is shocking.

The MWC got more teams in than the Pac-12. The Big 12 and Big Ten got more than half their teams while the Pac got a quarter of their teams.

Disturbing.

Back