What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. UNC Game Thread

Save yourself the test. CU was his number one choice until Bernardi & Co. only wanted to talk to him about farming even though he’s never farmed a day in his life. I guess they thought everyone in NE CO farms. 🤷‍♂️
Wait. They don’t?

Eddie Mac made a mistake having his son be the OC and recuriting his own son. He will have to fire his own son if things go wrong and may have to bench his other son if he struggles at QB. Also difficult to recruit QBs. Just saying I wouldn't hire an inexperienced OC that is also my son to be the OC. It smacks of favoritism. If I were the AD at UNC I will be quick to fire the entire coaching staff if I don't see progress in year one.

Unlike 4 teams in the PAC...I'm just glad we won against our non-P5 opponent. Even Oregon looked pretty pedestrian considering the years of elite recruiting.

Granted, I fully expect him to be the greatest QB anyone’s ever seen next week, but I could also be decisive and throw 3 picks against Kent St.

My bad...it has been too long since I have had to deal with Aggy and I forgot how crazy & delusional they can be.

Yell Texas Am GIF by Texas A&M University

Unlike 4 teams in the PAC...I'm just glad we won against our non-P5 opponent. Even Oregon looked pretty pedestrian considering the years of elite recruiting.

We'll see if Oregon was guilty of looking past their opponent, but yeah - they should have lost.

The conference went 7-5 this weekend with the only P5 loss being to Purdue. It's nice that UCLA beat LSU, but there's not much polishing you can do on that turd.

Maybe UCLA gets ranked next week and we'll still have two teams.

The conference went 7-5 this weekend with the only P5 loss being to Purdue. It's nice that UCLA beat LSU, but there's not much polishing you can do on that turd.

Maybe UCLA gets ranked next week and we'll still have two teams.
6-6. Stanford losing to KSU was P5 also.

Last edited:
One can believe that we held back a lot of the playbook against UNC and that we will see a different set of starters next week, while also knowing that we will probably get crushed by a top 10 team.

A lot of posters are acting as if shrugging off our performance against UNC equates to believing that we will beat the Aggies next week.

A&M looked flat too yesterday night. I think we're in the game for at least a half-we need to run the ball and we're going to need to get our young QB some really easy completions.

Looks like CU didn't do too badly after all in light of how the Big Sky Conference fared against FBS competition this weekend. Maybe there will finally be a FCS championship from that conference this year.

I looked at the Kent State-aTm game and it looks like a 85 yard pick six sparked the Aggies in the second half and they were just leading 13-3 when that play happened. Buffs are going to need to take care of the football and slow the running game down. TexAgs folks are saying their QB appeared decisive with his throws so we're going to have to get in his face if we are going to have a shot a the upset.

Their read option game is really good-but Utah does a ton of that so we know how to defend it at least. Kent State did an awful job defending it-Spiller was getting chunks every time they did it.

Their read option game is really good-but Utah does a ton of that so we know how to defend it at least. Kent State did an awful job defending it-Spiller was getting chunks every time they did it.
It's not that I totally disagree with you, but I think we should take some deep shots early, try to get them spread out a little bit. We need to get more receivers involved, run a little zone read, etc. Agree on D.

I don’t know if the lack of a vertical passing game was by design or not, but we definitely need to open that up. We have some great receivers who get open. Could have been a factor of the piss poor pass blocking.

I don’t know if the lack of a vertical passing game was by design or not, but we definitely need to open that up. We have some great receivers who get open. Could have been a factor of the piss poor pass blocking.
I wasn’t at the game, but on tv it looked like Lewis was a bit hesitant to let it go on some deeper routes. Maybe they weren’t open. Or maybe he was trying to be careful not to throw a pick. TV did show him talking on the sidelines about how frustrated he was when he missed a wide open Arias down the left side. Hope he continues to build some confidence and take some shots down the field.

I wasn’t at the game, but on tv it looked like Lewis was a bit hesitant to let it go on some deeper routes. Maybe they weren’t open. Or maybe he was trying to be careful not to throw a pick. TV did show him talking on the sidelines about how frustrated he was when he missed a wide open Arias down the left side. Hope he continues to build some confidence and take some shots down the field.
That's his next step imho. Let that **** go, it'll help him grow doing it. Don't be afraid of making a mistake, it will happen no matter who you are. Is it play calling, possibly. Since Texas A&M has film now, they are gonna stack the damn box.

Chance Lytle did relatively well at tackle. The coaches can't leave him on an island against A&M. Either bring help or move him back inside to Guard. I think he was beaten several times in pass soverage. Lewis had to move out of the pocket. Wiley didn't play better. Will have to make some adjustments until Filip is back in week3.

Week 2= Wray, Lytle, Lee, Roddick, Wiley

Week 3- Fillip, lytle, Lee, Roddick, Wray

with a an extra blocker helping the RT.

I think Carson Lee is already better than Purcell. I also think Lytle is better than Kutsch. But the seniors are prefered ahead of the underclassmen.

Eddie Mac made a mistake having his son be the OC and recuriting his own son. He will have to fire his own son if things go wrong and may have to bench his other son if he struggles at QB. Also difficult to recruit QBs. Just saying I wouldn't hire an inexperienced OC that is also my son to be the OC. It smacks of favoritism. If I were the AD at UNC I will be quick to fire the entire coaching staff if I don't see progress in year one.

Simple solution: Have more sons.

We'll see if Oregon was guilty of looking past their opponent, but yeah - they should have lost.
I think this was our problem as well. We didnt know what to scheme for with UNC. I think we were all about a&m last week and we knew we had the athletes the beat UNC. I hope they prove me right on Saturday.

A&M got speed at skill positions and their QB like to throw INTs. Their RB is a load to handle. CU will have to limit big plays and confuse their QB. Also have to contain Spiller. It is difficult, but A&M is beatable, CU is playing at home hopefully wearing all black.
Go

Chance Lytle did relatively well at tackle. The coaches can't leave him on an island against A&M. Either bring help or move him back inside to Guard. I think he was beaten several times in pass soverage. Lewis had to move out of the pocket. Wiley didn't play better. Will have to make some adjustments until Filip is back in week3.

I think Carson Lee is already better than Purcell. I also think Lytle is better than Kutsch. But the seniors are prefered ahead of the underclassmen.
Good grief. On so many levels.

Bigbang gonna bigbang and I love it!

Back